blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  On the Bubble
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: On the Bubble  (Read 1637 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »

Bubble of MTT we have 30bb, blinds 400/800, we have 24k, there is no anti's in play. We have everyone at the table covered, apart from the player in this hand. He has 32k and is 2nd in chips overall. 10 Paid, 11 left.

Don't really have much in way of reads.

We have     OTB. The s/b, b/b are short stacked, and trying 2 get into the money.

Villian min raises from UTG+ 1, we just call. I have 3 bet him a couple of times, so decided just to call in position.

The blinds get out of the way. Pot 2.2k

three clubs. Villian min bets 400, we raise to 1600. He calls. Pot 5.4k

Turn;  , he donks for 400 again(!), we call (!?) thoughts? Pot  6.2K

River;  , he bets half pot, 3.1k, we call.

Really interested on what people think of the Turn and the bizarre min donk bet by villain. We have the nut flush draw, maybe I should be raising here(?) but it's pretty bad if he 3 bets, we are just beat.

On the river, I don't think I can do anything but call. AK has us beat, we beat all his Ace X hands, apart from Ace 9. It's not impossible he has Ace 9, or a flush. Sometimes this type of player will just think, I've been raised on the flop better bet something, quite often it's a really small bet, then they mash the pot button on the river, "i need to now get value from my hand". I don't think he has 33 or 99 as played on the flop (and turn). He either has Ace 9 or a Flush, or Ace x. I expect this kind of player always to bet bigger OTR, Pot or close to pot, with their flushes/ FH's. If he does bet bigger I think it's more a fold than a call, and don't expect to get away with jamming as a bluff despite having  , as don't expect him to ever fold a flush. 

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:31:34 PM by shipitgood » Logged
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 03:47:06 PM »

Idk if it's right or anything, but I tend to just treat these min bets into reasonable pots as checks and do what I would have done if they'd checked.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 06:34:04 PM »

Idk if it's right or anything, but I tend to just treat these min bets into reasonable pots as checks and do what I would have done if they'd checked.
Betting small is essentially the same as checking. GTO to call on the river but noone bluffs rivers so fold
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: