blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:28:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Ruling please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ruling please  (Read 1888 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:51:54 PM »

In an unopened pot, small blind jams.  While the BB dwells a bit the dealer thinks the hand is over, adds all the mucked cards into the deck and starts washing them about a bit and gives the pot to the SB.

Both Small and Big obviously have their cards still.

Can't help but be curious about the right ruling here as I've never seen that before

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »

i have seen something like it

ruling then was both hands still live, and the chips are put back as they were.....ie blinds/antes in seperate piles then the shove

As all the cards are mixed up the deck is reshuffled and if the big blind calls the community cards can then be dealt as normal

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:01:36 PM »

i have seen something like it

ruling then was both hands still live, and the chips are put back as they were.....ie blinds/antes in seperate piles then the shove

As all the cards are mixed up the deck is reshuffled and if the big blind calls the community cards can then be dealt as normal

Yeah this is what I was thinking. Thought I'd check RRoP and TDA rules but cant find anything like this. I'd do the same, neither player has benefited/will lose out from the dealers mistake, they dont know the cards that are in the muck.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »

From the TDA rules

RP - 4. Disordered Stub
When cards remain to be dealt on a hand and the stub is accidentally dropped and appears it may be disordered: 1) it is first preferable to try to reconstruct the original order of the stub if possible; 2) If not possible, try to create a new stub using only the stub cards (not the muck & prior burn cards). These should be scrambled, shuffled, cut, & play then proceeds with the new stub; 3) If when the stub is dropped it becomes mixed in with the muck & burncards, then scramble the stub, muck & burncards
together, shuffle, and cut. Play then proceeds with the new stub.

The bolded bit is effectively what has happened.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 02:28:24 PM »

Seems standard.

Don't tell me that the BB angled for a void hand.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 04:26:20 PM »

Seems standard.

Don't tell me that the BB angled for a void hand.

Tbf. There was a little other commotion at the time but yep he was pretty keen to either have my hand ruled dead or have the hand voided. No one really knew. The TD appeared confident but based on doubleup's post he was also completely wrong.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 09:53:59 PM »

Love live pokers...he kicked up a fuss, called the td, rah rah, found out no dice and then folded his spanners like he was always going to. 9 high like a boss.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: