blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:48:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Hippodrome summer classic 2x Bullets
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hippodrome summer classic 2x Bullets  (Read 5097 times)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2015, 11:58:26 PM »

Evening blonde,

I've decided at the last minute to play the summer classic at the hippodrome this weekend. The fields are normally made up of Leicester Square cash game punters for an easy field and it catches around 12k mark up top. Will be selling at spot for a max of 40%. Will be playing regardless of what is sold.

So 5% is £27.50, 10%  £55

Flame away!

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:33:44 AM »

I'll take 5 thanks
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:06:28 AM »

Really? Is this the very best effort you could put into a staking request? Your opportunity to showcase your achievements and sell yourself to the good people of blonde and u haven't even introduced yourself. Your asking people to part with actual money and make an investment in you, at the very least you could show a bit of enthusiasm. I don't know, maybe its just me, moaning old git today but i just cannot let this one pass. Sorry if this comes across rude but you must do better than this, instantly my initial thoughts are if that's what you do as i write up how bothered are you going to be when actually playing. It borders on as if we should be grateful u have put up the stake, your not DNegs in disguise are you? Have a think about it without taking offence, im sure you can do better than this.

(you did say flame away) and goodluck.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 02:14:39 AM »

Alch omm! Having 60% in himself I'm sure he is quite motivated! Imo if someone offers a stake they do it however they see fit, of course the flame away was invited I've just never seen any1 taken up on that offer before!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 02:37:37 AM »

Hey mate, is it £55 for 10% of 1 bullet or 10% of the 2 bullets?
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 07:32:53 AM »

Really? Is this the very best effort you could put into a staking request? Your opportunity to showcase your achievements and sell yourself to the good people of blonde and u haven't even introduced yourself. Your asking people to part with actual money and make an investment in you, at the very least you could show a bit of enthusiasm. I don't know, maybe its just me, moaning old git today but i just cannot let this one pass. Sorry if this comes across rude but you must do better than this, instantly my initial thoughts are if that's what you do as i write up how bothered are you going to be when actually playing. It borders on as if we should be grateful u have put up the stake, your not DNegs in disguise are you? Have a think about it without taking offence, im sure you can do better than this.

Maybe your right I could of put up some online graphs, wrote up a bit more history on myself, pasted links of previous stacking  Threads. It was a last minute thing and I'm certainly not arragant enough to think I'm so good that everyone should be greatful for this stacking opportunity. I'm of course motivated to play, I'm a highly competitive individual, losing is one of the worse feelings for me, taking part is just not good enough, not to mention I'm not in a position to just set fire to money whether it's 100% investment in myself or 60%. Ultimately I want to take this down and share the spoils between myself and any investors and start building a Hendon mob profile to be proud of. Instead of playing (and cashing a high percentage of the time) in local tournaments which do nothing to help build a tracibly track record to show the world why it's a +ev investment.

Thank you for your honest feed back, I'll take more care if I decided to put any more stacking requests in in the future, and try to come across more enthusiastic on paper.

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 07:37:09 AM »

Hey mate, is it £55 for 10% of 1 bullet or 10% of the 2 bullets?

Hey mate, it's 10% of 2 bullets. Tournament is £275 so £550 for two.

I will be playing day 1b on Saturday and will post regular chip update and write up sny interesting hands during the break. Will of course refund the second bullet if not used.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 07:38:40 AM »

I'll take 5 thanks

Thanks mate, booked-much appreciated. I'll pm bank details.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 08:14:48 AM »

Maybe your right I could of put up some online graphs, wrote up a bit more history on myself, pasted links of previous stacking  Threads. It was a last minute thing and I'm certainly not arragant enough to think I'm so good that everyone should be greatful for this stacking opportunity. I'm of course motivated to play, I'm a highly competitive individual, losing is one of the worse feelings for me, taking part is just not good enough, not to mention I'm not in a position to just set fire to money whether it's 100% investment in myself or 60%. Ultimately I want to take this down and share the spoils between myself and any investors and start building a Hendon mob profile to be proud of. Instead of playing (and cashing a high percentage of the time) in local tournaments which do nothing to help build a tracibly track record to show the world why it's a +ev investment.

Thank you for your honest feed back, I'll take more care if I decided to put any more stacking requests in in the future, and try to come across more enthusiastic on paper.

Now that's how to give and respond to honest criticism.

I'll take 5% please.

The older I get, the better I was.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 09:39:55 AM »

Thanks Red-Dog- Booked
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 01:22:36 PM »

Agree with red, legit impressed with how that was handled Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »

Believe it or not the only reason I actually commented was that I just feel that 1) I'm sure there are things that you could tell us that would make investing in you a lot more attractive 2) Providing details of your achievements in poker should be the normal thing to do when asking people to invest. Most people when betting on a horse (I mean an actual one) at the very least look at the form and read a bit about it before making a decision. Imagine standing in front of the Dragons and asking for their money by saying what you have said, we can all imagine their answer, I can't see this as being any different.

Not everyone has a Hendon mob or online graphs they can show but most of us have played local comps and hearing that you have chopped the local Friday night comp four times this year or won it once outright and come second 3 times because you don't believe in chops is info that can help us make a decision that buying at spot is gonna be value for us. Ok you could be lying but I still believe in trust and human spirit and would choose to believe someone unless they give me a reason not to as well as this I'm sure a few people may know you and could "vouch" ( and I don't mean be accountable for any losses) that they have seen you collect the money a few times. (We both know Ransom and Nivarna as an example). I'm  sure there are people that will want to have a percent for an interest (as already proven) but just think of how many people have not posted (but viewed) as they wouldn't dream of parting with money based on the write up you gave.

You come across as a very humble and nice chap, I've popped in and out of your diary (not everyone will know you have one and why should they unless you put a link up in your stake) so get a feel for how you play and live you life, your reply to me shows 1000% more energy and positivity than your original text, it's obvious that you could easily put together a few paragraphs selling yourself, I hope my intervention does not stop you from ever posting a staking request again but I equally hope that you give yourself the credit you might deserve and put a decent thread up in the future. Goodluck at the hippodrome, hope you and your investors take home a win.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 10:28:17 PM »

Ransom has taken 10% too. So a total of 20% sold.

Rather happy with the outcome considering how poor the thread started so will close it up and take 80% of myself.

Team is

shipitgood 5%
Red-dog 5%
Ransom 10%
Me 80%

Will send bank details across now- Thanks again all.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 02:10:22 AM »

Sent.

Good luck.

The older I get, the better I was.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 07:26:51 AM »

Sent.