blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Jimmy Anderson Charity Poker Tournament / London 10th Sept
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimmy Anderson Charity Poker Tournament / London 10th Sept  (Read 3194 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »

Another sporting celebs ( Anderson, Broad, amongst others) charity tournament is happening in London on Thursday 10th September.

If anyone is interesting in coming, let me know and I can pass you on the details of the organiser, as your name needs to be on the list.
The last one was good fun/drinking/banter ...and even I cashed Smiley
 It is a very crap shooty tournament, with a few on each table clueless!  The last one had cash tables running afterwards, so gives the chance to recoup if necessary !

Details;

James Anderson Charity Poker Tournament

10 September, 2015.

•             18:00 Registration starts

•             18:30 Reception and canapés in main hall

•             18:30 Optional poker tutorials

•             19:00 All players seated for welcome by James Anderson and Has, Tournament Director

19:05 Cards away, tournament begins with each player having a starting stack of 2,000 chips for their initial £250 buy in. The first part of the tournament will last 90 minutes, during that time if you run out of chips, there will be an opportunity to re-buy 2,000 chips for £250 (Payment by cash or cheque accepted)

•             20:35 Dinner will be served

•             21:15 All players seated for start of knock out stage

•             23:30 Event finishes

The format of the poker tournament itself will be Texas Hold’Em. Prizes will be given to the final players with the total prize fund announced before the start of the knock out period. There will be a Tournament Director keeping you informed of the blinds and re-buy situation.

The dress code is Jacket, no tie.

This is a private, invitation only, charity event so only players will be allowed entry due to space restrictions.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:21 AM »

What % of the buyin goes to the prizepool?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:46:31 AM »

What % of the buyin goes to the prizepool?

last one was 50%....I guess this one will be similar.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 01:05:18 AM »

Is this at the Empire?  I went to one there a few years ago.  Not sure if it is the same thing.  Was a good craic and sat next to and had dinner with Goughy.  Plenty of random sports people there with some very random play.  Sorry, don't think I can go to this one, just starting a new job that isn't in London. 

I would recommend if it is the same deal.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »

Sounds absolutely incredible, such a shame its on during wcoop.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »

Is this at the Empire?  I went to one there a few years ago.  Not sure if it is the same thing.  Was a good craic and sat next to and had dinner with Goughy.  Plenty of random sports people there with some very random play.  Sorry, don't think I can go to this one, just starting a new job that isn't in London. 

Oh think I was at that one too!...and also sat next to Goughy at some stage!...he wasn't to sure how to play!
 It was John Crawley's benefit night.
This one is at The Loose Cannon Club ....didn't know it was still open for functions!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »

Oh think I was at that one too!...and also sat next to Goughy at some stage!...he wasn't to sure how to play!
This one is at The Loose Cannon Club ....didn't know it was still open for functions!

That was exactly it.  I think Goughy was on my left, and wasn't there at the start.  I'd say he was out within an hour of arriving, and don't think he moved tables so us two must have sat very close to each other.  We also chatted briefly to Gail Emms and a sky sports presenter whose name I have forgotten.  All this is from a shaky memory.  Goughy did come upstairs and joined our table to eat his dinner.  My missus only knew who he was through Strictly, but was a serious legend for me given I am from Yorkshire originally..   

I did very well in the end, but even if I didn't, it would have been a top night.  The tournament was just a massive crapshoot, so you aren't ever +EV with the 50% rake even with the bad celebs.  But if you want to do something for charity and have a fun game of poker I'd defitely recommend it.  You'd probably blow £2k playing WCOOP anyway.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 12:50:07 AM »

I played as a prop in that comp, if memory serves correctly. Was working at Betfair at the time.

Built a monster stack and got told I had to blow it. If only they knew... Smiley

Have played a similar event at Les A a couple of times. I cannot begin to describe the cash game......

Allez!!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »

That was exactly it.  I think Goughy was on my left, and wasn't there at the start.  I'd say he was out within an hour of arriving, and don't think he moved tables so us two must have sat very close to each other.  We also chatted briefly to Gail Emms and a sky sports presenter whose name I have forgotten.  All this is from a shaky memory.  Goughy did come upstairs and joined our table to eat his dinner.  My missus only knew who he was through Strictly, but was a serious legend for me given I am from Yorkshire originally..   

I did very well in the end, but even if I didn't, it would have been a top night.  The tournament was just a massive crapshoot, so you aren't ever +EV with the 50% rake even with the bad celebs.  But if you want to do something for charity and have a fun game of poker I'd defitely recommend it.  You'd probably blow £2k playing WCOOP anyway.

Is the wcoop comment some sort of underhand jab at me? It makes no sense in any other context so I am going to presume so. If not then perhaps consider how your posts are coming across because that is how it looks.

I purely mentioned wcoop because I live in a different country to the event  and would have loved to have gone if it was at a more convenient time for me. I'm not sure if you thought I thought it was bad timing, obviously I don't. I mean personally it is but I am well aware whoop is largely irrelevant to most people on this poker forum, never mind the real world.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 10:46:56 PM »

Is the wcoop comment some sort of underhand jab at me? It makes no sense in any other context so I am going to presume so. If not then perhaps consider how your posts are coming across because that is how it looks.

I purely mentioned wcoop because I live in a different country to the event  and would have loved to have gone if it was at a more convenient time for me. I'm not sure if you thought I thought it was bad timing, obviously I don't. I mean personally it is but I am well aware whoop is largely irrelevant to most people on this poker forum, never mind the real world.

Seriously?

I was just saying that it is good to get out every so often and do a bit of good.  Serious poker can wait a night.  All my other comments have been saying how much I enjoyed a similar event, but the only possible reason I was saying that people should give the WCOOP a miss was to have an underhand jab at you?

A young man arrives in Budapest carring a suit case.  He walked up to an old man and said "I have heard good things about this place, what are the people like?".  The old man says "What were the people like where you came from?".  The young man says "The people were all very pleasant, friendly and helpful".  The old man says "That is exactly what the people are like here".

10 minutes later another young man approaches the old man carrying a suitcase.  He says  "I have heard bad things about this place, what are the people like?".  The old man says "What were the people like where you came from?".  The young man says "The people were all nasty, unpleasant and unhelpful".  The old man says "That is exactly what the people are like here".

Good night

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: