blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:04:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Play it like a set?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Play it like a set?  (Read 5110 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2015, 02:03:44 PM »

Sunday Million, 10k stacks. Thoughts on flop, turn and river, all interesting I think.

Dealt to 20alex430 [ ]

prrrak4783: folds

grind&read: folds

vaivas: raises 80 to 160

CarstenTT345: folds

kipregel: folds

20alex430: calls 160

KuuL: calls 160

DjuNKeLL: folds

krakts: folds

*** FLOP *** [ ]

vaivas: bets 320

20alex430: calls 320

KuuL: raises 800 to 1120

vaivas: folds

20alex430: calls 800

*** TURN *** [ ] []

20alex430: checks

KuuL: bets 1260

20alex430: calls 1260

*** RIVER *** [ ] [two hearts]

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »

I would raise flop vs CBet. Don't know how that changes Kuul's action.

As played Turn is what I would do

As played I would check call River depending on bet size
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 09:15:51 PM »

quite like leading large-ish on river (assuming villain is random?) and folding to a jam, i approve of your work thus far. Check-call river vs reg I guess, still would lead sometimes.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:29:26 AM »

I would raise the turn. Its a bit close minded but its the mil! It's a bit shitty because he shouldn't have a tremendous amount of flushes but I'm sure it's enough.

I think leading vs a reg is probably a good line too but I'm not sure I would in game.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:47:45 AM »

Interesting hand.

Aren't you the one most likely to have a draw, here? If so, leading is going to get calls from blokes in capes and external underpants quite frequently. You're only really losing to 78/89/99 and he has lots of other hands that could (should?) call. Ninja jam from the ace queen of parsley one time..? Ok, maybe not, but you lose the same with a bet-fold as a c/call and get the added bonus of a range of hands you beat calling you.

Has online poker moved on from this thinking?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 09:31:04 AM »

Would be pretty disappointing to check and see him check behind with the hands that call a bet and there seems a fair few of them in his range.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:34:14 AM »

Would be pretty disappointing to check and see him check behind with the hands that call a bet and there seems a fair few of them in his range.

Don't think he checks river too often given his line and board run out. Unless he has a missed draw and just gives up and in that case wouldn't call a river bet anyway.

PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »

Ok, maybe not, but you lose the same with a bet-fold as a c/call and get the added bonus of a range of hands you beat calling you.

Don't think you necessarily lose the same plus at least with chk/call you see villians hand. You also probably win more with chk/call than betting out and being called.
nlfreddie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »

Here is my 2cents worth...

Early in the Sunday Million, it seems too risky to be playing flop anyway other that what you did. He can have all straights and better sets.

Turn, check call seems fine. He might get away from flushes if you x/raise and you are stopping him from bluffing if he has nothing.
Leading turn? He might just hero fold a straight, e.g. T6spades (or only call turn and fold river). So not too keen on leading turn.

By river, I think check again. Hope he continues with some 3 barrel bluff. Still a strong possibility that you are beat, so would just check call river too. Doubt he calls much worse on the river if you x/r.

Might seem tight to flop a set, make a boat and check/call down to river. But this way you are keeping it low variance if you are beat - in the online tournament of the week. And your are keeping all his bluffs in too.

Also worth noting that Kuul is an online pro with a lot of results. So I think the assumptions I made are valid (i.e. him having bluffs here and getting away if you lead or x/r turn).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 06:25:20 PM »

I'd fold pretty quickly to the flop raise.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 06:33:38 PM »

The cbet and your flop call are both strong multiway.

He has every 65s combo pre, all jts combo and probably every jto combo.

He has all 99 and 88 and ts very questionable if he raises 98 on this flop.

We definitely have reverse implied odds and so far we've risked 5% of our stack. It's the million and preserving is far more important than increasing our stack.

I don't think people bluff raise these flops he'd need something like qj bdfd and even that is highly optimistic and extremely doubtful. We're not at the top of our range.

He is very very very good, prob top 10 on my power list but this is a spot where good players will shy away from trying to play gto and having a proper flop raising range. And rightfully so.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »

He is very very very good, prob top 10 on my power list

Wish I was cool enough to have a power list >_>
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »

He is very very very good, prob top 10 on my power list

Wish I was cool enough to have a power list >_>

anybody can have one! preach brother

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 09:13:28 PM »

The cbet and your flop call are both strong multiway.

He has every 65s combo pre, all jts combo and probably every jto combo.

He has all 99 and 88 and ts very questionable if he raises 98 on this flop.

We definitely have reverse implied odds and so far we've risked 5% of our stack. It's the million and preserving is far more important than increasing our stack.

I don't think people bluff raise these flops he'd need something like qj bdfd and even that is highly optimistic and extremely doubtful. We're not at the top of our range.

He is very very very good, prob top 10 on my power list but this is a spot where good players will shy away from trying to play gto and having a proper flop raising range. And rightfully so.

t9/t8/76/86 esp the heart combos seem somewhat reasonable. I do find it interesting hes a good reg I don't recognise at all. We aren't at the top of our range but we aren't a million miles off when you take into account we raise JTs combos and perhaps 99/65 combos that we find ourself having. I'm not sure we do have the 65s combos or even raise the 99 ones but it seems reasonable. We are getting a decent price to peel but I guess the lack of nut combos mean we will often face the music down the streets. I do like the idea of just folding on the flop and as soon as you said it I liked it a lot.

If he is that good, whats up with the flop size. Doesn't seem particularly good for the reasons you outlined and I presume Alex would be an unknown to him so making it much bigger seems like a perfectly valid option with the nizzles.  I don't like his turn size that much either. 2800 in the middle and we go for 1260? JTcc really?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: