blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535441 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: October 16, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »

@BangBang

Whats been your history of training over the years? Has it always been casual or every competitive?
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: October 16, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »

This was my 8 week post lockdown workout

I stuck to 40% of my average lifts while I was doing this program so I didn’t hit lactic on each session.

2 x sets for each movement, 10-15 reps non compound movements and 8-10 reps for compound movements 4 Days a week 3 days rest.

1. Warm up then stretch (cables)
2. Seated Rows
3. Cable pull down
4. Squat
5. Deadlift
6. Military press
7. Incline dumbbell press
8. Dips
9. Push ups
10. Sit ups
11. Pull ups
12. Warm down

What do you mean by this? a) why 40 b) why didnt you want to hit a point of a lactic build up?

So an old school friend of mine is a NFL combine trainer, he wrote the regime for me. It’s something they use when a player is recovering from injury builds mobility and balance before you start serious training.
The 40% is so that I can do the workout 4 days in a row before taking 3 days off, not sure of the science behind it but seemed to work.

The 240 DL was my 1 rep max, I haven’t really reached a 1rm on anything else like today I could have gone heavier on bench but decided to do some reps instead. I’m no where near the 240 at the moment but may concentrate on it in Feb when I go back to a strength regime.

I’m a big believer in ice baths and have always incorporated them in my training, I buy 5 bags of ice from Aldi and use my own bath sit in for 10 minutes x 2. I haven’t had a hot shower in years so the ice bath isn’t that bad.

Nice to virtually meet you by the way and look forward to the thread

https://instagram.com/stories/stevensethi/2421257839333687435?igshid=montdwln2hwu

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: October 16, 2020, 06:38:56 PM »

You make that unrack look ridiculously easy. Until you actually start to press and it slows down I'd swear you were doing a set of 3 or 4.

It doesn't look like you set yourself up particularly well. You look like your arms are reaching for the sky whereas if you set your scapula properly you'd probably be 10cm closer to your chest before you even start. I didn't see any arch and also no discernible leg drive. Amazing to still press 145kg so easily.

Have you ever done any technique work? Seriously with a few little tweaks you'd be pressing 4 plates from what I've seen there.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: October 16, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »

You make that unrack look ridiculously easy. Until you actually start to press and it slows down I'd swear you were doing a set of 3 or 4.

It doesn't look like you set yourself up particularly well. You look like your arms are reaching for the sky whereas if you set your scapula properly you'd probably be 10cm closer to your chest before you even start. I didn't see any arch and also no discernible leg drive. Amazing to still press 145kg so easily.

Have you ever done any technique work? Seriously with a few little tweaks you'd be pressing 4 plates from what I've seen there.

Great feedback thanks. I did some power lifting after recovering from ripped tendons in my right hand which stopped me from striking. So maybe 20 years ago, I weighed a lot less but my numbers were pretty high.

I do really need to work on my form, so any other tips would be welcome.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: October 17, 2020, 03:03:39 PM »

This was my 8 week post lockdown workout

I stuck to 40% of my average lifts while I was doing this program so I didn’t hit lactic on each session.

2 x sets for each movement, 10-15 reps non compound movements and 8-10 reps for compound movements 4 Days a week 3 days rest.

1. Warm up then stretch (cables)
2. Seated Rows
3. Cable pull down
4. Squat
5. Deadlift
6. Military press
7. Incline dumbbell press
8. Dips
9. Push ups
10. Sit ups
11. Pull ups
12. Warm down

What do you mean by this? a) why 40 b) why didnt you want to hit a point of a lactic build up?

So an old school friend of mine is a NFL combine trainer, he wrote the regime for me. It’s something they use when a player is recovering from injury builds mobility and balance before you start serious training.
The 40% is so that I can do the workout 4 days in a row before taking 3 days off, not sure of the science behind it but seemed to work.

The 240 DL was my 1 rep max, I haven’t really reached a 1rm on anything else like today I could have gone heavier on bench but decided to do some reps instead. I’m no where near the 240 at the moment but may concentrate on it in Feb when I go back to a strength regime.

I’m a big believer in ice baths and have always incorporated them in my training, I buy 5 bags of ice from Aldi and use my own bath sit in for 10 minutes x 2. I haven’t had a hot shower in years so the ice bath isn’t that bad.

Nice to virtually meet you by the way and look forward to the thread

https://instagram.com/stories/stevensethi/2421257839333687435?igshid=montdwln2hwu

Elite level ice bath!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: October 17, 2020, 03:07:12 PM »

Great feedback thanks. I did some power lifting after recovering from ripped tendons in my right hand which stopped me from striking. So maybe 20 years ago, I weighed a lot less but my numbers were pretty high.

I do really need to work on my form, so any other tips would be welcome.

Missed the story, but Matt is normally pretty spot on with the technique side especially bench. Crazy to know there are those points to work on and you are still pressing that kind of weight!! Crazy strong
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: October 17, 2020, 04:29:24 PM »

Thanks Iraise and nice to meet you ✊🏽👊🏽

Recovery

Last night -

Stretched for 40 minutes
No foam rolling or trigger balls as I have a deep tissue every Saturday.

Today
5am - 1 litre of warm lemon water - Cold shower

5:30 - 40 minutes on the elliptical

6:30 - 20 minutes Yoga (Mindfit Yoga)

Breakfast - 3 boiled eggs, two scoops Huel bag of spinach

8:30 - 2 laps around Gedling park with the family

12 - Deep Tissue massage followed by acupuncture in my right hand

Spending the day making a den with the kids, then a stay in date night with the missus and boxing in the AM

Tomorrow I’ll be visiting my father so will use his hot and cold jacuzzis.

Back on it on Monday... Hope you all are having a great weekend 👊🏽

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: October 17, 2020, 07:38:41 PM »

Lovely bench day today. I think the deload week served me well as for the first time since lock down I had no niggling pains to hold me back.

It was 8 reps today on the programme and my target was 115kg. Warm ups felt really easy and 100kg for 6 felt so good I decided to go for 120kg and hit the full 8 with a little bit in the tank.

That equals my 8 rep PR so I guess I'm now officially back to full pre-lockdown strength at last.

Volume work was fun, 80kg for 24 reps completed in a single set.

The next 5 weeks on the programme are all low volume so it'll be an interesting lead up to the 1RM attempt on 21st November.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: October 19, 2020, 10:26:46 AM »

Lovely bench day today. I think the deload week served me well as for the first time since lock down I had no niggling pains to hold me back.

It was 8 reps today on the programme and my target was 115kg. Warm ups felt really easy and 100kg for 6 felt so good I decided to go for 120kg and hit the full 8 with a little bit in the tank.

That equals my 8 rep PR so I guess I'm now officially back to full pre-lockdown strength at last.

Volume work was fun, 80kg for 24 reps completed in a single set.

The next 5 weeks on the programme are all low volume so it'll be an interesting lead up to the 1RM attempt on 21st November.

That’s some great work Matt.. 120kg for 8 is super strong. Are you going for 140 or 150?

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: October 19, 2020, 10:31:22 AM »

Breakfast - 2 scoops of Huel - Green Juice (4am)
Supps - Creatine - Caffeine pre-workout
Post workout - Banana, Mango, Rice and tuna - (8am)

Off split because my gym buddy has an injury

I added in some squats this morning because I was feeling a little weak, then straight onto strict OHP using the rack and Olympic bar (much prefer this to dumbbells although I did finish on dumbbells)

Supersets of strict OHP with Pull ups because I didn’t manage to do my 100 pull ups at home this morning

60kg x 10 - (10 pull ups)
70kg x 10 - (8 pull ups)
80kg x 8 - (5 pulls ups)
90kg x 5 - (4 pulls ups)
100kg x 3 - (4 pull ups)

Did some other auxiliary work and finished off with dumbbells went heavy single arm press with no rest to failure used the 36’ers got 20+ with each arm

Next shoulder session I will be doing some rep work so will stick to around 80kg over head and next week I’ll attempt to go up to 103kg I think I’ll be on track to hit 110kg within 4 weeks

Had an over eager gym’er this morning he saw me put the belt and wraps on while on the rack and he came over and said
 “Can I just show you something” continued stand in the rack and show me the motion of squatting and then said “try it without the wrist wraps and chalk next time” so I told him I would next time I was squatting and I continued to press the weight over my head. I think he was embarrassed for giving me unsolicited advice on an exercise I wasn’t doing.

I’ve committed to a 5km challenge with some friends I have to get my time under 25 minutes going to write it in on Wednesday so will update with my revised workout plan from November to Feb

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: October 19, 2020, 10:45:07 AM »

Had an over eager gym’er this morning he saw me put the belt and wraps on while on the rack and he came over and said
 “Can I just show you something” continued stand in the rack and show me the motion of squatting and then said “try it without the wrist wraps and chalk next time” so I told him I would next time I was squatting and I continued to press the weight over my head. I think he was embarrassed for giving me unsolicited advice on an exercise I wasn’t doing.

Love this

Your OHP is light years ahead of mine. I've been stuck at 80kg for as long as I can remember and every extra kilo I try seems like I've added an elephant to the bar, 100kg+ over head is huge.

I think my problem is my core strength, I have the pressing strength there to do more but overall I can't put it together. I'd imagine with your dead lift and squat you can brace really well and form a nice base to press off.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: October 19, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »

That’s some great work Matt.. 120kg for 8 is super strong. Are you going for 140 or 150?

Thanks mate. My PR is 145 and I'd be happy to consolidate that as I've only done it twice in my life. If I feel good on the day I think I have 150 in me so hopefully I'll get to give it a go. I've tried it once and got about half way so not too much further to go......

My real goal is to be able to press 140 confidently for a few reps. There's something about 3 plates that just looks good when you do it for a few reps.

My training partner hit 147.5 for his 8 which was really impressive. He's got a 170 PR as well so really pushing to hit 4 plates this time round although a 10kg jump is massive when you're so close to your limit as I'm sure you know.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: October 19, 2020, 10:56:57 AM »

Love this

Your OHP is light years ahead of mine. I've been stuck at 80kg for as long as I can remember and every extra kilo I try seems like I've added an elephant to the bar, 100kg+ over head is huge.

I think my problem is my core strength, I have the pressing strength there to do more but overall I can't put it together. I'd imagine with your dead lift and squat you can brace really well and form a nice base to press off.

Hahahahahaha... helpful weakling shuffles away in silence

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: October 19, 2020, 03:00:10 PM »

Thanks mate. My PR is 145 and I'd be happy to consolidate that as I've only done it twice in my life. If I feel good on the day I think I have 150 in me so hopefully I'll get to give it a go. I've tried it once and got about half way so not too much further to go......

My real goal is to be able to press 140 confidently for a few reps. There's something about 3 plates that just looks good when you do it for a few reps.

My training partner hit 147.5 for his 8 which was really impressive. He's got a 170 PR as well so really pushing to hit 4 plates this time round although a 10kg jump is massive when you're so close to your limit as I'm sure you know.

3 plates for reps is a good target, it’s light work though. If you’re at 120 for 8 reps I’m sure 145-150 for 3 reps in a month is sound target.

OHP is overrated, I’m 5’9 with broad shoulders so will always find it easier then people that are taller with longer levers. Plus I do headstands as part of my meditation

Official weigh in this morning 14 stone 11lbs - Damn

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: October 19, 2020, 03:04:29 PM »

Love this

Hahahahahaha... helpful weakling shuffles away in silence

Lol you literally can’t make it up, I was already tilted when he walked in carrying a carton of coconut water
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:06:02 PM by BangBang » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: