blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:49:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535845 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: November 30, 2020, 01:00:21 AM »

Wednesday 10am already booked in.. itching..

Just not the same at home apart from the equipment

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: December 01, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »

Booked up for 9am tomorrow. It's a bit of a ballache being at home as it's a 5k run to an EveryoneActive rather than right next to the office.

I guess the smart play is to take it easy on all lifts/movements and see where we're at?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: December 02, 2020, 07:09:04 AM »

Booked up for 9am tomorrow. It's a bit of a ballache being at home as it's a 5k run to an EveryoneActive rather than right next to the office.

I guess the smart play is to take it easy on all lifts/movements and see where we're at?

It's only been a short lay off so you shouldn't be too badly affected. Obviously don't go straight in for a PR on day one but don't half arse it either.

I'd be amazed if you're not back to where you were within two weeks so gear your progression towards that.

I think you'll just about be in the window where DOMS hasn't set back in so yes you need to be a little bit cautious but you're not starting again by any means.

Enjoy.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: December 02, 2020, 04:12:04 PM »

Everything went well and it was loads of fun to be back in. Hope it goes well for everyone else too

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: December 02, 2020, 05:28:27 PM »

We’re back...!!!

Was busy with work stuff today so decided yesterday that I’d train in the evening. Got to 11am and I was having such a bad day that I closed the laptop and went for a 5k in the rain (love running in the rain)

Straight to the gym - Did a “getting back into it” session

Seated Row - 3 sets
Seated pull down - 3 sets
50 push ups
Squat - going up to 120kg felt nice
Deadlift - went up to 220kg
OHP - stuck to 60kg 3 sets of 10
Dumbbell press - we only have 40kg dbs at Nuffield so did 3 sets of 10
Pull ups 4 sets 5
Dips 4 sets of 20

Felt good being back, I’ve been doing a lot of running and have stripped down to 88kg so I’m assuming it’ll have a knock on effect on my lifts.

My programs are all messed up I was supposed start a functional training program on the 21st November but I continued with my running and pull ups because I was enjoying it.

Here’s a gym f*ck for you guys - So I’m resting from deadlift near the bench a tattooed meat head walks over to the bench and loads on 2 plates (no warm up) does 3-4 reps he looked like he was struggling. I do my set and look around and see that he’s loaded another plate on so now 3 plates and either his twin or someone who goes to the same tattoo & barber shop has now joined him he walks to the end of the gym and back huffing and puffing lays on the bench controls the weight down and then ...... nothing he couldn’t push it off his chest, lol his gym buddy is shouting “come on Andy! strength! Power! Andy come on big chest Andy big chest!! So in the end it turns out that Andy didn’t have the strength or power 😂😂 I openly started laughing I couldn’t help it, they both kept mumbling things looking at me 😂😂

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: December 02, 2020, 05:32:49 PM »

Hit a couple of triples at 128kg on my bench yesterday which would be very much PR territory on the normal bench at the gym. I've hit 130kg for 4 once but it's a much better set up so I think I'm pretty much at that same level.

I haven't been above 120kg since the first lockdown so this is great progress that I'm really pleased with.

Squats are up to 97kg but that was just a couple of singles. I managed the slow descent and full 2 second pause so they're coming along brilliantly.

Looking forward to the gym re-opening on Wednesday but I've got to find a way of keeping going with the regular squats until I have the form really well drilled in. I might just add squats in at the gym on my two leg days then do a couple of very short squat only sessions at home.

Everyone else back on Wednesday?

Good going Matt, great progression. How are your knees when squatting? And do you wear knee wraps?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: December 03, 2020, 07:36:30 AM »

Good going Matt, great progression. How are your knees when squatting? And do you wear knee wraps?

Cheers mate.

My knees are okay in general. I sometimes get tight quads which pull on my knees which can make it feel like they're dodgy but I know that a few minutes on the foam roller eases any discomfort.

I don't use knee wraps. My weak areas are my hips and core so I'm well below the sort of weight where I'd need to use wraps.

My eventual long term target is to be able to squat 140kg at which point I'd definitely consider them. It's possible that knee wraps could be the answer to preventing the tightness in my quads so got to be something to think about.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: December 05, 2020, 07:19:33 PM »

Happy to be back at the gym and it's going pretty well so far. I had Wednesday off but then trained Thursday, Friday and today doing almost my normal routine.

Bench today was fun but the set up felt so weird after getting used to my home gym for a month. New programme is a basic 3 x 5 at a fixed weight then an AMRAP to finish. If you can only do 5 you drop the weight down 2.5kg next week, if you do 6 you stay as you are, 7 or more you go up 2.5kg.

I'd planned to go at 120kg but with the change of set up it felt quite tough so just did 110kg. By the 4th set I was finding the groove and managed a pretty comfortable 10 which means I go up next week. I'll go off programme and skip straight to 120kg but will stay strict at that.

Did a few squats as well. 3 x singles at 100kg with a very slow descent and nice pause. Getting so much better and more confident with those.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: December 06, 2020, 01:33:07 PM »

So good to be back fitness and strength both down and the PT gave me some brutal stuff to benchmark current status such as

2k row for time which was 7.30 PB IS 7.15.. at that time I was looking to go sub 7.. for context an Olympic rower does this a shade under 6 mins but early 7’s is a good time
 9 minutes used to be a CrossFit regional  qualifying time.. how times have changed
Then
 5 rounds / 3 min rest between each round
20 pull up's
30 push up's
40 sit up's
50 air squats

Pull ups and sit-ups are the sticky points here.. but still 700 reps lol

Then some 1 rep benchmarks

Went 140kg for squat.. 150 is  PB .. there was more there but didn’t want to push my knee first time doing  a heavy squat in maybe 6 months.. I’m not particularly fussed for 1 rep max at my age as injury is more likely now.. reeling in the ego can be hard especially when a couple of pretty girls are in the vicinity 😄 but I’m learning they wouldn’t be interested anyway looool

170kg deadlift.. previous  PB  was 150 but that was before I learnt some decent technique and was literally bending over and picking it up using my arms.. once again there was some left and I think 200 could be obtainable with a bit of practice but I’ve never been much of a deadlifter using them more in WOD’s at much lighter weight and higher repetitions

Finished off with 5 rounds of 500m row 15 burpees which was 15.42.. not bad and it’s a good sweat and aerobic test

Looking to lean up a little but Xmas obv in the way 😥☺️☺️

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: December 07, 2020, 09:10:56 AM »

That's some crazy work right there mate.

Are they strict pull ups or kipping pull ups?

The whole routine just looks horrendous but you could say the same about what I do of course.

If you're doing that a few times per week I don't think you need to worry about getting lean for Christmas.....

Out of interest do you track your calories? I imagine you can eat a lot given the exercise you do? You must be burning 750 calories or so in that routine.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: December 07, 2020, 08:35:11 PM »

My PT has started working f/t as a scaffolder since they gyms shut, and we're going to have to work around that.

Was going to train on Friday afternoon, but have to go and do my car handover, or I will have to wait another week.

Think I should be good for 4 next week, providing he isn't working too far out of town, and he'll meet me at the gym right after work, if we can get slots.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: December 07, 2020, 11:57:19 PM »

That's some crazy work right there mate.

Are they strict pull ups or kipping pull ups?

The whole routine just looks horrendous but you could say the same about what I do of course.

If you're doing that a few times per week I don't think you need to worry about getting lean for Christmas.....

Out of interest do you track your calories? I imagine you can eat a lot given the exercise you do? You must be burning 750 calories or so in that routine.

Strict pull ups but broken into between 3 and 5..pull up literally my worst movement as my technique is terrible using too much forearm rather than my Lats but am working on them.. yeah burna lot of calories per session anywhere between 700 and 1500..  I wear a myzone monitor..its excellent as you can see how hard you are working and you can keep your heart rate in the most efficent calorie burning zones..this is the read out from last Fridays workout which was brutal

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: December 07, 2020, 11:59:40 PM »

Someone mentioned knee supports.. since my MCL ive taken to wearing knee supports and was surprised how much support they give..especially as I can still feel my knee a bit.. i used to think they were a bit Ghey looking but they are quite fetching  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy Wink Wink

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: December 08, 2020, 08:55:15 AM »

So good to be back fitness and strength both down and the PT gave me some brutal stuff to benchmark current status such as

2k row for time which was 7.30 PB IS 7.15.. at that time I was looking to go sub 7.. for context an Olympic rower does this a shade under 6 mins but early 7’s is a good time
 9 minutes used to be a CrossFit regional  qualifying time.. how times have changed
Then
 5 rounds / 3 min rest between each round
20 pull up's
30 push up's
40 sit up's
50 air squats

Pull ups and sit-ups are the sticky points here.. but still 700 reps lol

Then some 1 rep benchmarks

Went 140kg for squat.. 150 is  PB .. there was more there but didn’t want to push my knee first time doing  a heavy squat in maybe 6 months.. I’m not particularly fussed for 1 rep max at my age as injury is more likely now.. reeling in the ego can be hard especially when a couple of pretty girls are in the vicinity 😄 but I’m learning they wouldn’t be interested anyway looool

170kg deadlift.. previous  PB  was 150 but that was before I learnt some decent technique and was literally bending over and picking it up using my arms.. once again there was some left and I think 200 could be obtainable with a bit of practice but I’ve never been much of a deadlifter using them more in WOD’s at much lighter weight and higher repetitions

Finished off with 5 rounds of 500m row 15 burpees which was 15.42.. not bad and it’s a good sweat and aerobic test

Looking to lean up a little but Xmas obv in the way 😥☺️☺️

That is crazy... I’d struggle doing half of that.

To do a heavy deadlift after all that is insane.

Going heavier with squat will have a direct impact on your deadlift too, it’s great because you’ll improve both lifts simultaneously and deadlift will help you burn fat for Christmas (not that you need to) haha

My old trainer always told me Cardio, Core, legs, then everything else, so I’m going to strip down to basics again and get my cardio right I feel like I’m not doing enough and it’s going to catch up to me soon.

Also inspired by all the above. Good going...!,,

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: December 08, 2020, 09:02:17 AM »

Happy to be back at the gym and it's going pretty well so far. I had Wednesday off but then trained Thursday, Friday and today doing almost my normal routine.

Bench today was fun but the set up felt so weird after getting used to my home gym for a month. New programme is a basic 3 x 5 at a fixed weight then an AMRAP to finish. If you can only do 5 you drop the weight down 2.5kg next week, if you do 6 you stay as you are, 7 or more you go up 2.5kg.

I'd planned to go at 120kg but with the change of set up it felt quite tough so just did 110kg. By the 4th set I was finding the groove and managed a pretty comfortable 10 which means I go up next week. I'll go off programme and skip straight to 120kg but will stay strict at that.

Did a few squats as well. 3 x singles at 100kg with a very slow descent and nice pause. Getting so much better and more confident with those.

100kg squat is such a sweet spot, must be my favourite weight at the movement, I always get a sense of euphoria at 100, below is usually to easy and above starts getting taxing.

Good going... looks like everyone is on for a strong finish to the year .. I need to start getting at it too..

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: