blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:52:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530762 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: April 02, 2020, 07:53:22 PM »

Just done a bit of googling and it appears this is happening right now and he was on 900+ in under 3 hours

Would be interesting to know how fatigued he is after that.

Looks like he's in pretty good shape and capable of doing 50+ in a set. Zero chance he's doing 400 sets of 6 if that's the case. He'd probably aim for 30 or so which should have a similar affect on him to 15 or so having on me which isn't a lot at all.

Doubt I could do it to be honest but would be interested to try a couple of hours to see where I could get.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: April 03, 2020, 10:37:10 AM »

He pissed it. When I had a nosey at the Twitch video about half way in he was in a routine of doing 4 every 30-40 seconds.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: April 09, 2020, 11:38:54 PM »

Garage gym training is going brilliantly almost to the point I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm allowed back to the normal place.....

Got a nice upper/lower routine going now with 2 days on, 1 day off. I did my old Focus T25 stretch routine on the off day which felt great so will try to keep to that.

Upper is now:

DB bench SS BoR
Floor press SS incline DB row
Arnold press tri set wit curls and tricep press
Side lateral raise to finish

Lower is now:

Glute bridges
Bulgarian split squat (no weight yet.....)
RDL
Step ups (no weight yet)

Not going overly heavy on anything, just aiming for rep ranges around 10 to 15 for working sets. I'm keeping it tough by not having long breaks between sets and also by doing the super sets and tri sets.

The lower session is really highlighting how poor my single leg strength is so this is going to be really good for me. I'm hoping to get some really good glute development out of this to help my squat and deadlift numbers when I'm back at the gym.

Anyone else managing to do anything?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: April 09, 2020, 11:40:50 PM »

Garage gym training is going brilliantly almost to the point I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm allowed back to the normal place.....

Got a nice upper/lower routine going now with 2 days on, 1 day off. I did my old Focus T25 stretch routine on the off day which felt great so will try to keep to that.

Upper is now:

DB bench SS BoR

Lower is now:

Glute bridges
RDL
Step ups (no weight yet)

Not going overly heavy on anything, just aiming for rep ranges around 10 to 15 for working sets. I'm keeping it tough by not having long breaks between sets and also by doing the super sets and tri sets.

The lower session is really highlighting how poor my single leg strength is so this is going to be really good for me. I'm hoping to get some really good glute development out of this to help my squat and deadlift numbers when I'm back at the gym.

Nice one.. managing to get 4-5 in a week..mainly bodyweight and some runs... am getting one session with the PT.. gym completely to ourselves..felt so good to pull some actual weight

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: April 10, 2020, 12:30:27 AM »

Upper is now:

DB bench SS BoR

Lower is now:

Glute bridges
RDL
Step ups (no weight yet)

Set up and routine sound good.
Managed to stand on a large rusty nail whilst playing football in garden with Son. Barely been able to stand for the past week...doh
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: April 10, 2020, 10:41:32 AM »

Upper is now:

DB bench SS BoR

Lower is now:

Glute bridges
RDL
Step ups (no weight yet)

Nice one.. managing to get 4-5 in a week..mainly bodyweight and some runs... am getting one session with the PT.. gym completely to ourselves..felt so good to pull some actual weight

Is this an essential journey please?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: April 10, 2020, 09:43:53 PM »

Upper is now:

DB bench SS BoR

Lower is now:

Glute bridges
RDL
Step ups (no weight yet)

Is this an essential journey please?

it is for me

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: May 01, 2020, 08:34:28 AM »

Three weeks since the last update and garage gym is still going strong.

Still on the upper, lower, stretch 3 day routine using stretch day as a rest although I added some core work in to the stretch day and f**ked myself up a bit. Had to take it steady on a few bits but it's only for a couple of sessions so no worries at all.

I tried some heavier DB press yesterday that went really well considering how awkward they are. Managed to get 43kg for 4 sets of 8 which was really pleasing but I'm not sure if I can get much more loaded on without killing myself (literally......). It's not too bad getting them up, pressing them is obviously fine but then getting them back down again is challenging to say the least. Need to keep a bit in reserve to deal with the dismount.....

Floor presses are at 90kg but similar to DB I'm almost at my limit there for safety. I can get the bar in to place easy enough and also get 10 reps out okay but once fatigued it's tricky to get the bar back down again. Might be okay with another 10kg or so but the potential benefit nowhere near justifies the potential cost.

I keep tweaking the lower routine whilst trying to find exercises that are taxing but not risking injury. I have to keep reminding myself that with lower body I'm pretty much starting from scratch trying to build a foundation ready to move some better numbers further down the line. To be honest it's more about strengthening my lower body to prevent future injuries rather than squatting or dead lifting anything impressive but hopefully they'll be a pleasant by-product. Really happy with how lower is going though.

Anybody else?

Dean still ignoring all the rules and going to the gym regularly?

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: May 01, 2020, 12:53:11 PM »

Personally not done anything except walking. Foot almost recovered from standing on a nail. Injury/issues to left wrist have been pretty bad so avoiding all weights at the mo.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: May 01, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »

Personally not done anything except walking. Foot almost recovered from standing on a nail. Injury/issues to left wrist have been pretty bad so avoiding all weights at the mo.

same here.  No weights or proper cardio for 6 weeks now.   Just 5 or 6 mile walk most days.  Starting to reaally miss it now.  First few weeks the rest for an old body from week in week out heavy lifting was nice.  when does everyone think gyms will be open again realistically?  could be xmas potentially right?  they are going to be the last things reopening you would think
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: May 01, 2020, 02:17:53 PM »

Be amazed if gyms opened again this year.

I've been doing 45mins cardio six days a week but basically paddling water thanks to new-found Quality Street and jelly bean addictions.

Coming out of this the same weight I went in would be fine though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: May 01, 2020, 03:28:23 PM »

Just e that's lost weight and maintained strength to a reasonable degree then Cheesy

Personally I think gyms may open reasonably soon or at least not be one of the last ones on the list.

Planned carefully I don't see how social distancing can't comfortably be achieved in most gyms although it would of course mean restricting numbers to avoid those 'peak' times.

Personally I'm not in a rush for them to reopen as I really like the home set up I have but there are definitely things I can't do at home that I'm looking forward to getting back to.

I imagine for most one of the hardest things will be getting back in to the habit of going to the gym. It's easy saying that we miss it but when it's available how easy will it be to get back in there.....?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: May 01, 2020, 04:51:33 PM »

I got sick when I got back from Vegas day before Xmas, and was rough until sometime in Feb.

Had booked in with my PT to go back after Chelts, and then everything got shut down.

My brother nicked my Bowflex dumbbells, so have just been trying to do my stretching stuff, and not eat everthing in the house Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: May 02, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »

Thor on the live stream going for 501kg deadlift.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mng5v3OEzA

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: May 03, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »

Hope everyones well...

Struggling to hold par with all the extra food temptation driven by boredom.. home workouts continue.. some are actually pretty brutal

Yes still managing to get a session in every so often at the private box...

Im intelligent enough to know the situation and come to sensible personal choices .. i dont see an issue of going alone to a deserted spot to a deserted gym and working out with the standard procedures in place.

i have had no contact with anyone else in 42 days apart from 3 trips to tescos where I buy enough food for around 11 days...

is it an essential trip.. in all honesty.. for me it is not just the physical aspect but also on a mental well being level too.

Hopefully things are going to start to relax and we can all start to return to some sense of normality

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: