blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530820 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3480 on: June 13, 2020, 02:35:38 PM »

All seems very quiet on teh training front..... Any updates from anyone? Managing to get much done?

I had a couple of weeks off after tweaking my hip but am back in to it now. It was really frustrating as it's a simple problem to fix and my physio can sort it in a matter of minutes whenever it goes. Obviously couldn't go to see her at the moment so just had to put up with it. Anyway the hip being out of place started to pull on the muscle which eventually leads to a lot of pain, the muscle gets out of line and starts to pull on the hip and before you know it a vicious circle is formed and it takes ages to get right. Usually I know when it goes so I see her quickly and she straightens it out before any pain develops and I don't need any time off. I didn't track it but I had at least two weeks possibly three which was pretty annoying.

I've had a week back at it now and loving a slightly different routine. I'm sticking with a hypertrophy type of routine with reps in the 10+ range and really enjoying it. I can't see me going back to any kind of strength training when the gyms re-open. Might keep the bench heavy stuff in but deadlift and squat I'm going to avoid any low rep work and just focus on muscle building.

Body building was always my preference years ago and I enjoy seeing the results. It's nice to get some high numbers occasionally but the injury risk doesn't seem worth it.

I don't want to move away from the programme I was doing too much so I'll stick to it and just alter the rep ranges to keep everything above 4 reps apart from my bench work where I'll keep the singles, doubles and triples in.

Hopefully not too long now before the gyms start to re-open........

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: June 13, 2020, 02:40:26 PM »

Missing training like mad.  3 months now and nothing but walking done.  Is 4 July reopen for gyms highly likely now or still in doubt?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: June 13, 2020, 02:54:24 PM »

Nada here, but cutting takeaways down Cheesy

Been talking with my PT about UFC this week, and booked him up for when they do open. Said I'll lump him the dough for a couple months worth of sessions as soon as they open.

He works out of a few gyms, and the owner of the biggest one seems confident they'll be opening July 4th.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: June 13, 2020, 02:57:53 PM »

Got half a dozen bike routes sorted, anywhere from 10m to 30m round trips. Any day it's not raining why wouldn't you? Beats the gym all ends up.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: June 13, 2020, 03:54:30 PM »

Got half a dozen bike routes sorted, anywhere from 10m to 30m round trips. Any day it's not raining why wouldn't you? Beats the gym all ends up.

This is one of the most important things with training I think. Find something you like and stick to it.

Training shouldn't be torture, if you don't enjoy the gym then find something else. Personally I absolutely love going to the gym so I find it easy, if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't force myself to go.

Cycling also 100x better than weight training for fat loss. Doesn't matter how hard you train with weights you'll hardly burn any calories whereas a bike ride will burn loads.

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near a bike as it seems insanely dull and pointless to me.

This isn't something we need to argue about though as we're just different. I love lifting weights, you love cycling. The great thing about this......Both of us benefit..... Perfect conclusion.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: June 13, 2020, 04:05:24 PM »

Missing training like mad.  3 months now and nothing but walking done.  Is 4 July reopen for gyms highly likely now or still in doubt?

Just did a quick search as I didn't even know about this date and it appears so.

Personally I'd leave it a couple of weeks anyway to make sure they have things running smoothly and avoid any new year type rush. Easy for me to say of course as I have a nice set up at home so completely understand people being there on day one.

It'll be interesting to see how many people don't bother with the gyms at all as they now have a good free alternative like Chompy with his cycling.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: June 13, 2020, 04:23:33 PM »

Been talking with my PT about UFC this week, and booked him up for when they do open. Said I'll lump him the dough for a couple months worth of sessions as soon as they open.

He works out of a few gyms, and the owner of the biggest one seems confident they'll be opening July 4th.

Ha, that's something at least Cheesy

Good of you to pay a couple of months up front, it'll have been very tough for PTs recently and is likely to stay difficult for the foreseeable future. Little bit of extra cash flow will be invaluable.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: June 13, 2020, 05:30:02 PM »

Ha, that's something at least Cheesy

Good of you to pay a couple of months up front, it'll have been very tough for PTs recently and is likely to stay difficult for the foreseeable future. Little bit of extra cash flow will be invaluable.

Grenade had 1/3 off their shakes, so bought a couple cases of those last month as well.

Got some bars and stuff, to replace the crappy snacks I have been eating too many of the last couple months.

I always used to pay him 3m at a time, so he at least had a chunk and it felt like getting paid, and can only imagine how frustating PAYG can be.

A lot of his clients all pay on the day, so he'd get their money, stop for food or at the shop on the way home, and it's gone Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: June 14, 2020, 10:00:47 PM »

All seems very quiet on teh training front..... Any updates from anyone? Managing to get much done?

Last month finally sorted out the garden. Mainly involved digging up several hundred wheelbarrow loads of mud/weeds/rubble, wheeling it through garden then emptying back out into the skip. Took several days but had a couple of benefits in that it seems to have moved/displaced the cyst in my left wrist, so no pain currently. Also had forearms like popeye for a few days..lol

Had go upto 16st 6lb when I had COVID and then stood on a nail. Started walking after finishing the garden and currently 15st 6lb.
Started on the weights last week. Going very, very light and for reps atm. Body still aches day after.
Back to walking through the woods a few miles from me.
Only run on treadmills and the gym at work is still closed atm.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: June 16, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »

Last month finally sorted out the garden. Mainly involved digging up several hundred wheelbarrow loads of mud/weeds/rubble, wheeling it through garden then emptying back out into the skip. Took several days but had a couple of benefits in that it seems to have moved/displaced the cyst in my left wrist, so no pain currently. Also had forearms like popeye for a few days..lol

Had go upto 16st 6lb when I had COVID and then stood on a nail. Started walking after finishing the garden and currently 15st 6lb.
Started on the weights last week. Going very, very light and for reps atm. Body still aches day after.
Back to walking through the woods a few miles from me.
Only run on treadmills and the gym at work is still closed atm.

Good news about the wrist, weird isn't it how sometimes these things just randomly fix themselves when you'd least expect it. Had it myself years ago with a dodgy wrist.... Fell over and hurt it to the point I was nearly crying but when it healed it was good as new.

They say that 'blood heals' so maybe it was the increased blood flow whilst you were working? Whatever it was I know you'll take it.

Looks like very solid progress overall after a stumbling block. Good stuff.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: June 16, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »

New programme written and ready to start tonight.

5 day split focused on hypertrophy hitting each body part twice per week.

Monday - Legs and shoulders
Tuesday - Chest and back
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Shoulders and arms
Friday - Legs and back
Saturday - Chest and arms
Sunday - Rest

Will be doing two main movements for each body part, 4 working sets of each and then maybe throw in a few random movements as well as five minutes of abs at the end.

Everything will be targeting 10 to 15 reps so nothing at all strength based.

I'm coinciding this with a bit of a trimming phase. Currently weighing about 15st 5lb which is reasonably light for me but looking to drop to about 14st 10lb and see if any abs appear......

I've been down to 14st 10lb before and was lean but still nothing really visible. I'm holding a bit more muscle now so hopefully hitting the same weight with less body fat will see something show through.

I'm not looking at fast weight loss, 10 weeks will be fine. Not doing any cardio (it sucks balls) so purely by reducing calories.

Here we go.....

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: July 09, 2020, 09:39:08 PM »

Gyms reopening on 25th July  Smiley

Who's going to be there on day 1?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: July 09, 2020, 09:50:18 PM »

August 3rd for me, so that all the first week warriors have gotten their facebook check-ins out of their system, and are plotted up back on the couch.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: July 10, 2020, 09:48:28 AM »

August 3rd for me, so that all the first week warriors have gotten their facebook check-ins out of their system, and are plotted up back on the couch.

I can't see it being crazy so I'll be giving it a go. Possibly not on the Saturday but certainly in that first week.

It's going to be interesting to see what measures they've had to implement.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: July 10, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »

Think a lot of people will stay away to start with..only the die hard in straight away.. its another good reason for the excuse makers not to go ... i imagine it will follow similar lines as just before lockdown..limited capacity spaced out equipment etc

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: