blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530811 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: August 08, 2020, 06:33:42 PM »

I managed to get there today for a bench session which will be the catalyst that gets me going again.

I've started back on my 16 week programme and to say I've not done anything for two weeks I was pleasantly surprised to hit 100kg for 8 reps.

Last run through which was exactly 5 months ago I was only at 110kg so not too far down really. See how the doms are though I guess......

Accessories were decent but my mate seems to have decided he wants to hit pretty much every machine in the gym so I had to separate off and do my own thing.

I'm not sure what will happen programme wise. I'm happy to work towards a 1RM on the bench assuming spotters are allowed by then but squats and deadlifts I'm either going to leave out completely or maybe adjust to have a minimum of 3 or 4 reps.

Main thing for me right now is getting back in to a routine.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: August 08, 2020, 06:46:41 PM »

So I've done less since the gyms re-opened than I was doing before.

I'm really struggling to get back in to a routine and also got hampered by having a cold last week which meant I couldn't go. Also got my dreaded hip issue flaring up again to further reinforce the can't be arsed attitude.

I've been trying to do a few press ups and managed a little shoulder session in my garage but it's really not great at the moment.

I have to be honest if I didn't have a training partner there's zero chance I'd be going tomorrow. I desperately need to get back in to the routine as soon as I possibly can.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me.

So far when I have been in there hasn't been more than 20, I think a lot of people arent quite back in the groove. Not sure if its the case across all Pure's but in the one I am in, you cant even train with people yet even if you live with them, you get asked to separate.

It's not very strict at all at xercise4less. They don't allow spotting but are happy for a lift off and then stand back 2m just in case death becomes a possibility.

There's cleaning stuff about but nobody uses it.

Place was pretty busy today but not uncomfortably so. Seemed like a standard Saturday to be honest.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 08, 2020, 10:14:15 PM »

I managed to get there today for a bench session which will be the catalyst that gets me going again.

I've started back on my 16 week programme and to say I've not done anything for two weeks I was pleasantly surprised to hit 100kg for 8 reps.

Last run through which was exactly 5 months ago I was only at 110kg so not too far down really. See how the doms are though I guess......

Accessories were decent but my mate seems to have decided he wants to hit pretty much every machine in the gym so I had to separate off and do my own thing.

I'm not sure what will happen programme wise. I'm happy to work towards a 1RM on the bench assuming spotters are allowed by then but squats and deadlifts I'm either going to leave out completely or maybe adjust to have a minimum of 3 or 4 reps.

MBN
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: August 08, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »

So I've done less since the gyms re-opened than I was doing before.

I'm really struggling to get back in to a routine and also got hampered by having a cold last week which meant I couldn't go. Also got my dreaded hip issue flaring up again to further reinforce the can't be arsed attitude.

I've been trying to do a few press ups and managed a little shoulder session in my garage but it's really not great at the moment.

I have to be honest if I didn't have a training partner there's zero chance I'd be going tomorrow. I desperately need to get back in to the routine as soon as I possibly can.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me.

So far when I have been in there hasn't been more than 20, I think a lot of people arent quite back in the groove. Not sure if its the case across all Pure's but in the one I am in, you cant even train with people yet even if you live with them, you get asked to separate.

It's not very strict at all at xercise4less. They don't allow spotting but are happy for a lift off and then stand back 2m just in case death becomes a possibility.

There's cleaning stuff about but nobody uses it.

Place was pretty busy today but not uncomfortably so. Seemed like a standard Saturday to be honest.

Going to sound a bit stupid, but London does seem pretty quiet still. I think a good chunk of people are either still working outside or just full on left. Even in the parks there's noticeably a lot less.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 08, 2020, 10:17:55 PM »

MBN

I skated by that, purposely... FU and your 4 plates Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 09, 2020, 12:58:48 AM »

MBN

I skated by that, purposely... FU and your 4 plates Cheesy

Lol. Got to be honest 80kg was tough but thought F it and went for 90kg. That seemed okay so went with a hail Mary and was pleased I did.

Seems like the strength is there but the stamina is well below where I'd got to hence 100kg feeling hardly any tougher than 80.

Volume work was really tough. I had to make 21 reps at 70kg and I had to do 11 and 10 to get them done. Previously I had managed the full 21 reps in one set at 80kg so I'm miles behind where I was.

Going to try a leg session tomorrow. Not entirely looking forward to that......

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 09, 2020, 02:00:13 AM »

I'm going to try a Wagamamas tomorrow, and that's as busy as I'm getting Cheesy

Think I was doing 80 for 8-10 a couple years back, so would take getting there again before summer.

Don't think I did any more than 10 on 60, on Monday!

They say memory is a thing, so I'm sure once you've ironed out your niggles and had a couple weeks at a decent clip you'll be back.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: August 10, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »

Ugh... done my MCL knee ligament..bad box jump landing ..im fortunate its the least of the knee ligaments but its laid me up proper.. done it last sunday and all was going well was walking pretty normally..dunno what happened yesterday was fine in the morning and then suddenly its blown up like a balloon and i can hardly walk..

literally rest and ice is the only thing..very frustrating as things were going well and im itching obviousley ...

I am lucky i dont injure often and i tend to recover quick.. think ive had one before as the pain etc seems familiar..think it was a couple weeks recovery time before..fingers crossed old man knees wont let me down

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 10, 2020, 05:35:36 PM »

Probably those trainers that did it, mate! Hope it sorts itself out lively, but maybe find something with a bit less impact to replace.

You're even older than me, so the joints probably not enjoying that Cheesy

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 10, 2020, 07:02:07 PM »

Probably those trainers that did it, mate! Hope it sorts itself out lively, but maybe find something with a bit less impact to replace.

Hah cheeky young scamp.. trainers are awesome.. not for workouts though

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 10, 2020, 07:05:53 PM »

Hah cheeky young scamp.. trainers are awesome.. not for 51 year old's though

FYP

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 10, 2020, 07:35:24 PM »

Hah cheeky young scamp.. trainers are awesome.. not for workouts though

Deffo won't get run over in them Grin

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 10, 2020, 07:57:54 PM »

Boys have no style

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 10, 2020, 11:45:24 PM »

I'll have the snazziest scooter in Antalya next month, you heard it here first  Cool

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 16, 2020, 12:05:43 PM »

Still struggling to get back in to training having only managed my Saturday sessions for the last couple of weeks.

Got to be honest the only reason I get there on Saturday is because I have a training partner for bench. Motivation to train is currently as low as I can remember in the last few years......

Bench went well yesterday managing to get to 105kg for 6 with quite a bit in the tank. I reckon I could do 120 for a few at the moment but I'm trying to stay sensible and not hurt myself. I've noticed that even though the main movers are still pretty strong those little supporting muscles aren't quite as they were. There's a noticeable wobble in the wrists even at 80kg whereas at my peak I was absolutely locked in even at a max. Got to get that built back up before I go heavy again.

I'm determined to drag myself to the gym today for a back / legs session. Currently drawing up a new hypertrophy programme that will hopefully get me motivated again.

Fingers crossed that I managed to get a few sessions in next week......

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: