blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530883 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: February 17, 2021, 07:38:55 PM »

Nice little pension pot for the pair of them, whatever happens. Can't knock the hustle.

No doubt there will be hugs and handshakes at the end of it. Or controversy, so they have to do a rematch Grin

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: February 18, 2021, 01:13:21 AM »

From what I can make out from the leaked roadmap they won’t open gyms until end of April?? That’s just ludicrous

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: February 18, 2021, 01:04:04 PM »

Crazy. Getting gyms reopened should be the government's number one priority.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: February 18, 2021, 02:25:05 PM »

Not sure if this is serious, but it shouldn't even be the number 1 priority for exercising. 

Surely getting people participating outside, where it is safer, should be a higher priority? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: February 18, 2021, 02:38:42 PM »

Not sure if this is serious, but it shouldn't even be the number 1 priority for exercising. 

Surely getting people participating outside, where it is safer, should be a higher priority? 

Gyms are a lifeline for a lot of people and essential for their mental health just as much as their physical well being.

If you don't go to the gym you just wouldn't understand how something like that can be such a vital part of a persons life.

I don't include myself in this by the way, I'm speaking on behalf of others as someone who gets it, I enjoy the gym but my mental health isn't affected by not be able to go.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: February 18, 2021, 03:02:47 PM »

Gyms are a lifeline for a lot of people and essential for their mental health just as much as their physical well being.

If you don't go to the gym you just wouldn't understand how something like that can be such a vital part of a persons life.

I don't include myself in this by the way, I'm speaking on behalf of others as someone who gets it, I enjoy the gym but my mental health isn't affected by not be able to go.

I used to go to the gym many years ago, and understand the problem, just there are many other problems that need resolving.  I just think it clearly isn't the number 1 priority right now, and that was my only real point. A fair few problems can be resolved more safely.  Outdoor sport and kids sports seem obvious ones if a comparison must be made, which must affect people in similar ways, but are both likely to be safer to restart.       

I do think gyms will be open soon enough if the stats continue to improve as they are, I'd certainly open them up before opening the indoors of pubs for instance.  I definitely don't want you reading what I said as gyms should stay shut for a long time, I don't think that at all.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: February 21, 2021, 03:42:19 PM »

Went for my first weights session yesterday, did a little of everything. As you do when you finally have access to a gym. Definitely lost some strength, still managed a 90kg x 1 OHP and 140kg bench x 2

My squat was horrendous 100kg felt like the planet, managed 5 reps.

Hugely improved on my pull ups, I can do 3 sets of 15-20 quiet easily.

Next time I train I’ll make sure I write a plan out prior, it felt weird free styling, my muscles are much more efficient when I have a plan before I hit the gym

I’ve been running 5k a day (on strava add me if any off you use it) 6 days a week too.

Can’t check my body fat percentage but my weight is currently 13st 11, down from 15st 3. I’m feeling a lot better for it too. I’m going to do weights once or twice a week and carry on with my body weight exercises and running see how it goes. Will update you all once I get my hands on a body composition scale

Great work on the bench for your first session in a while especially being so much lighter than you were. Obviously not lost much muscle at all to have maintained so much strength.

15 to 20 pull ups is really good too. It's quite a while since I could hit double figures on those through various injuries but recently I've had a bit of a resurgence. I've started doing hangs every session and occasionally doing some actual pull ups but staying a long way off failure. Managed 5 really good ones yesterday with full range of motion and no pain so there's a slight chance that I'll be able to keep at them and make some progress.

Pull ups always used to be my number one favourite exercise and I hate that I can't do them as well now.

Your new proposed plan definitely seems like a good one for overall health. Strength is nice but being leaner and working your heart has to be more beneficial than an extra few kilos on your lifts.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: February 21, 2021, 04:40:07 PM »

Congrats on the PR Matt.. that’s huge 148kg at  your home gym, I’m assuming with the right equipment (balanced weights & bench) you’ll probably be around 155ish, maybe a few kg over or below. Good going & I’m sure there’s more left in the tank too.

Thanks mate. Yes I think it'll translate to a few extra kilos on a better set up. 155 feels about right so hopefully if I keep up the same routine for a few more weeks I'll be able to hit 3.5 plates a side.....

Yesterday was really good:

137 x 2
141.5 x 2 (celebrated this one pretty hard Smiley )
137 x 4
128 x 7
108 x 12

I'd never have considered benching 5 times per week prior to lockdown but it's working brilliantly for both of us with almost continual progression. Hopefully nothing else has suffered too much as a result but it doesn't particularly feel like it. Bench works everything so even though there's no direct shoulder or back work they're still very much involved and won't get a chance to just switch off.

We've developed a good routine which seems to optimise our work/rest just right...

Monday - Steady
Tuesday - Steady
Wednesday - Hard
Thursday - Steady
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Insane
Sunday - Rest

Once we see what Boris has to say tomorrow we'll look at a peaking program to target another PR before the gyms re-open. It's doubtful we'll ever focus so much on bench ever again so got to make the most of the opportunity.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: February 22, 2021, 03:46:23 PM »

7 weeks today pools/gyms/hairdressers reopen.  12 April.   Seems reasonable i thought early April at xmas would be about the date.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: February 22, 2021, 04:38:40 PM »

7 weeks today pools/gyms/hairdressers reopen.  12 April.   Seems reasonable i thought early April at xmas would be about the date.

That's not too bad I suppose although I accept it's easy for me to say given I've got a good alternative in the meantime.

Must be awful for many though for whom the gym is a big part of their life.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: February 22, 2021, 04:46:32 PM »

Could have been worse.  i was expecting gyms in the May stage alongside indoor pubs etc.  Five weeks better than i expected.  So big win for me.  Couldn't have been earlier than early April realistically.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: February 27, 2021, 06:40:52 PM »

Another ok month of maintenance for me - 8 upper body sessions and 110k running.

5k attempt this morning and did 20:15. Big PB but really want to get sub-20.

Starting a temp job in a week doing the census door-to-door so steps will be up and will have to increase calories but not sure by how much. Plan will be to reduce fat and increase carbs.

Bring on 12th April!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: February 28, 2021, 01:29:41 AM »

I've been trying to keep to 2 takeaways a week, and not eating ice-cream other than Saturdays Smiley

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: February 28, 2021, 12:50:17 PM »

I've been trying to keep to 2 takeaways a week, and not eating ice-cream other than Saturdays Smiley

300% reduction is awesome  Cheesy

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: February 28, 2021, 03:27:11 PM »

Crushing it mate.

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: