blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533570 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4050 on: October 02, 2021, 09:12:27 PM »

Done nothing since last time I went in Dorch, bar a bit at home.

Been keeping my weight steady, and still ~ 14 1/2 stone, even without tracking macros or doing much.

Planning to drop back to <14st, and try to get a solid couple months under my belt before Xmas.

How did your gym search go? You were looking for a new place recently weren't you?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: October 02, 2021, 09:38:00 PM »

Been keeping my weight steady, and still ~ 14 1/2 stone, even without tracking macros or doing much.

Planning to drop back to <14st, and try to get a solid couple months under my belt before Xmas.

How did your gym search go? You were looking for a new place recently weren't you?

I've found one in Weymouth that my old PT recommended I take a look at. It's almost all in one room, and on one level, so I am less of a hazard to myself. I've joined it, but not been back since I joined.

I'm still hoping my PT doesn't move before Xmas and stars going back to training, but as I'm the only one that wants it, I think he's sticking with work until he moves. Shame, but I will just get back in there on my own, and that gym is much easier for me to train alone in.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: October 02, 2021, 10:25:36 PM »

I've found one in Weymouth that my old PT recommended I take a look at. It's almost all in one room, and on one level, so I am less of a hazard to myself. I've joined it, but not been back since I joined.

I'm still hoping my PT doesn't move before Xmas and stars going back to training, but as I'm the only one that wants it, I think he's sticking with work until he moves. Shame, but I will just get back in there on my own, and that gym is much easier for me to train alone in.

Can be tough getting back in to routine mate but I'm sure you'll get there eventually. No point pushing yourself until you really want it as you won't enjoy it and will quit.

The love will return and you'll smash it.

Good to see your weight staying stable at least. Are you still on prepped meals? I had some recommended to me recently which I didn't go for but the site looked really good.

Company called mindful chef. Worth a look.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: October 03, 2021, 12:15:05 AM »

Yeah, once the first few weeks are done, it's back to a nice routine.

Old man dosed me up with a cold this week, which is unavoidable when I'm sat in an office with him all day. Test negative, so just good old normal cold, thankfully Cheesy

I've not really been tracking, and eating more wagamamas and thai food than anything else. I've got those GSN meals in the freezer, but a mate of mine ordered a load and said they're all really good.

Think I've seen that via insta or twitter, but never signed up. Meal prep firms are everywhere now, and I even think there are a couple local to me, too.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: October 17, 2021, 12:23:53 AM »

2 weeks to go to bench max attempt.....

Had a great day today hitting a couple of doubles at 140kg which moved really well. Had a decent pause on each rep as well.

For slingshot I went 150, 160 and then a slightly crazy attempt at 170kg....

I was never likely to get the rep but it felt fine un-racking and very solid on the descent. Managed to get it off the chest to about half way but then it just stopped and there was no way I was going to get it moving again. I'm pleased I tried it as now on my 1RM day I won't be overwhelmed when I un-rack a chunky weight. I've un-racked for a PR in the past and just thought "what the f**k am I doing here....." and mentally that's it you're never getting it.

All looking good for a shot at 150kg max if everything clicks in to place on the day which would be amazing.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: October 18, 2021, 02:27:52 PM »

Had a great day today hitting a couple of doubles at 140kg which moved really well. Had a decent pause on each rep as well.

I was never likely to get the rep but it felt fine un-racking and very solid on the descent. Managed to get it off the chest to about half way but then it just stopped and there was no way I was going to get it moving again. I'm pleased I tried it as now on my 1RM day I won't be overwhelmed when I un-rack a chunky weight. I've un-racked for a PR in the past and just thought "what the f**k am I doing here....." and mentally that's it you're never getting it.

All looking good for a shot at 150kg max if everything clicks in to place on the day which would be amazing.

The mental aspect is weird..ive gone in before thinking im never gonna do this and then same weight felt good and positive and bang it goes up..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: October 18, 2021, 03:01:06 PM »

Some going mate, good stuff!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: October 26, 2021, 07:16:46 AM »

what happened to the young lad who always used to post here? i forgot the sn

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: October 26, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »

I'm still here  Cool

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: October 26, 2021, 04:29:10 PM »

Think you mean Harvey (iraise)

Harvey was still here in the summer, and doing well, from memory.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: October 27, 2021, 08:36:35 AM »

If this is me, thrilled to be in the young camp at 30, although the colour of my hair might disagree.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: October 27, 2021, 08:41:07 AM »

Think you mean Harvey (iraise)

Harvey was still here in the summer, and doing well, from memory.

So had a really up and down few months at the gym. My main aim leading up to my 30th was to be as lean as I could which I fell a little short of as the old social life became a little too hectic, but I am still really pleased with the results. Hit some lifetime PBs along with way too.

2x6 DL at 180kg (around 83kg BW) was the highlight although i blacked out a touch at the top (stopping me getting the 3rd set) and ended up straining my rotator cuff a little, which meant 3 weeks not being able to do any pull movements, but managed to still get in the gym and work round it.
Also managed 3x12 with the 40s on the flat bench, and again that didnt feel that hard either.
Built up to pull ups with 18kg for , but those have taken a back seat
Yesterday managed 3x8 60kg for OHP which again I think is a lifetime PB.

So so mad to think I can do that now, and other than a few days hasn't taken that much out of me. Even tentatively got back into handstands.

How is everyone else getting on?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: October 27, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »

Great work, and serious numbers!

I think I'm mostly done for the year, other than throwing the dumbbells about in my room. I'm going to try shifting a few lbs before Vegas, and head down a few times if I get the chance. I'll be hibernating other than my pre-flight tests from mid November, though Grin

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: October 27, 2021, 04:52:38 PM »

Great numbers Harvey

Personally i'm injured atm, nothing to do with the gym either. Was playing basketball with my Son and whilst defending a shot, managed to bend by thumb the wrong way. Very bruised and limited movement, too painful to even open a bottle lid, so no grip strength.

Managed a small session doing bench press, having the bar sitting nearer the fingers than the thumb. Having to stick to 40kg so doing sets of 25reps, good for the triceps

Going to Florida on 3rd Dec, so aiming for at least a stone off before then, will likely start running again whilst i'm very limited weights wise.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: October 28, 2021, 11:39:05 PM »

So had a really up and down few months at the gym. My main aim leading up to my 30th was to be as lean as I could which I fell a little short of as the old social life became a little too hectic, but I am still really pleased with the results. Hit some lifetime PBs along with way too.

2x6 DL at 180kg (around 83kg BW) was the highlight although i blacked out a touch at the top (stopping me getting the 3rd set) and ended up straining my rotator cuff a little, which meant 3 weeks not being able to do any pull movements, but managed to still get in the gym and work round it.
Also managed 3x12 with the 40s on the flat bench, and again that didnt feel that hard either.
Built up to pull ups with 18kg for , but those have taken a back seat
Yesterday managed 3x8 60kg for OHP which again I think is a lifetime PB.

So so mad to think I can do that now, and other than a few days hasn't taken that much out of me. Even tentatively got back into handstands.

How is everyone else getting on?

That's some really strong work mate especially at 83kg BW

I've given up on squat and deadlift again unfortunately. I keep injuring myself every time I try so I now just do leg extensions and curls to keep a bit of shape.

Chest movements are going really well which you'd expect as they get most of my focus. 140kg paused singles are now pretty easy and I'm aiming for 150kg on Sunday. Feels like I'll get it easy enough but that extra 10kg is a bit intimidating with the pause...... Never quite sure if it's going to get going again once it stops  Cheesy

DB inclines are up to 50s for nice easy sets of 6 to 8 and I'm now able to do DB shoulder press again although only up to about 36kg for sets of 10 never pushing to failure.

Would be interesting to try OHP again as I haven't done those for ages. I checked my old records and your 60kg for 8 beats my rep PR. Feels like I should be able to press more now that my bench has improved and also now I'm doing DB presses again. Might give it a whirl in the next few weeks.

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: