blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $2/4 PLO hand - opinions please!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $2/4 PLO hand - opinions please!  (Read 4768 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 01:40:24 PM »

Ok so just ran the proper numbers. It's obv a lot of guess work, and I've made quite loose assumptions about BB's range and stack off range. I've given him a cold call range of 40% here. Maybe too loose, but I'd guess it was ok for a semi whaley type. Sb range I've gone for a pretty standard top 15%, assuming hero is opening a decent amount. Both ranges excluding the very top that I assume are getting it in pre.

I've given sb a stack off range OTF as KQ+,Q9+:T,9+:hh,Thh+ and using this range he's going to be stacking off 53.25% of the time on this flop, given his preflop range.
I've given BB a pretty loose stack off range of any 2 pair, any flush draw, 9T+ (maybe too loose, let me know what you think). Therefore BB is going to be stacking off 75.16% of the time.

When sb has a hand he is stacking off with we have 16% vs his range, and 29% vs BB. 3 way we have 18%. Most of our EV comes from fold equity which we have 12% of vs said ranges, although as the pot is so big, it counts for a lot.

Click to see full-size image.

However as you can see it's a -$7.47 shove overall. Not much and a lot closer than I was expecting. Given that as Phil said he expects people to lead some of their GII hands, this probably works out to a breakeven shove.

Would like to hear opinions on my range estimations and anything I may have missed/overlooked/done wrong.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 04:54:22 PM »

this is 100% a check back, not even close.

I'd get into the maths but I don't even think it's worth doing, POWWWWWs stuff (which is very good btw IDK if i said in the other thread Iv never used pokerjuice before I enjoyed your posts) before he even goes into deep detail confirms this in my mind.

@Stu I don't think the immeadiate EV of a 4bet preflop (which is undeniable and quite a lot given no-one folds) can ever be matched in any other play, as much as I agree with the idea that a "sexy" pre-flop spot can occur from flatting the 3b PF.

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 05:57:17 PM »

@Stu I don't think the immeadiate EV of a 4bet preflop (which is undeniable and quite a lot given no-one folds) can ever be matched in any other play, as much as I agree with the idea that a "sexy" pre-flop spot can occur from flatting the 3b PF.

Yeah I agree now tbh. I am so used to playing 6 card Omaha now that I sort of 'forgot' how much of an equity edge AAxx has preflop in 4 card Omaha. I just ran a few sims to remind me of this. In 6c you can often get (even double-suited) Aces all-in 3way and find that you have the worst equity of the three hands (obviously I'm not talking about a hand like AAKQJTss which will always be pushing equity; I'm meaning stuff like AA9542ss which often is pushing an equity disadvantage MW even with two suited Aces). That's why flatting the 3bet is the play at 6c, but not at 4c. So yeah, clear 4bet.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: