blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Interesting Final Table Spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting Final Table Spot  (Read 3254 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2015, 03:44:53 AM »

Looking for feedback on ever street here, thanks!

FT 5 handed, we are  3rd in chips, there is 2 sub 100k Stacks.

Chip Leader (Villian) HAs 373K
2nd in chips has 266k, we are 3rd with 220k, with 2 100k or below stacks. Blinds are 3000/6000

Villian min raises the cut off to 12k. SB Folds

We defend the BB with        - Pot 27k

Flop:    

We lead for 12k, and get raised to 37.5k Total. The player is kinda tight I guess, from having watched his play from 12>FT (I was not on his table till the FT)
I think his range here is something like over pairs, sets, 910 suited. I expect him to call JQ, 1 pair that he's hut on the board.
I called the extra 25.5k. Pot is 132k, we have 158k Behind.

Turn  three clubs,
I led out for 15k lol, he called. I'm pretty sure he just has an over pair now, almost always. Pot 132k

River

I bet 36k?? into a pot of 132K

Villian Called.

Sick Diary, Mods please move to PHA
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:47:09 AM by shipitgood » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:11 AM »

why do you lead the flop instead of check/call?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:24:27 PM »

I'm going to lead this flop with a decent % of my range that I've defended bb with - it denies the origianL raiser the betting lead, if he calls it makes playing the turn very easy. If we check call and a 6 or a j rolls off on tt, it's really hard 2 bet the turn and will almost always go cc. 3rdly it's v v unlikely we will get raised on this flop, even though it did happen on this occasion. Rediculous small turn bet gets him to play so honest and he is just utterly confused,
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:26:14 PM by shipitgood » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 01:39:21 PM »

It's a wacky hand, il give you that lol

Seems like at every juncture you're trying to squeeze his range to the best hands he has only

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »

why do you lead the flop instead of check/call?

No love for a c/r to attempt to see all the remaining cards with a bdfd?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »

Personally I like the lead on this texture for all the reasons Kev says but having been raised I'm definitely going c/c, c/c on this run out

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »

Yh this is pretty butchered imo, you're going to have much better hands to lead than one this good, this is basically the tits to check call imo. Think the turn lead is ridiculous too, you're folding out a lot of his bluffs and weaker hands, giving his draws a great price to see a river, and not folding out anything better. Also it's a total disaster if we get raised or jammed on here. River as played I guess is gonna be a fine bet fold.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
nlfreddie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »

By leading flop, you are just bloating the pot for when he has you beat. Nice hand to check/call imo.
Turn blocker bet, given as played on flop, I don't hate. Maybe he just flats this with over pairs.
By river, given how tight you perceive him to be, I think you can bet bigger for value. So maybe around 70k. 
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 01:01:50 AM »

If it wasn't the ft and there were no icm considerations, could just 3 bet jammed the flop. But yeah looking back getting raised was annoying, so should of just check called flop. Otr Defo feel it was a mistake not betting slightly more,
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »

I'm going to lead this flop with a decent % of my range that I've defended bb with - it denies the origianL raiser the betting lead, if he calls it makes playing the turn very easy. If we check call and a 6 or a j rolls off on tt, it's really hard 2 bet the turn and will almost always go cc. 3rdly it's v v unlikely we will get raised on this flop, even though it did happen on this occasion. Rediculous small turn bet gets him to play so honest and he is just utterly confused,

Seems like a decent board to lead. Disagree massively on him not raising this board, if he's competent he should be. Also the turn lead should be very easily played against if villain is competent, just fold bottom 10%. Obviously if yo play these games and if you think your opponents are this easily tricked into making mistakes go for it. Would go bigger on river.

Fwiw still think xc xc xc is best way to play this hand
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »

Good board to lead, bad hand to do it with imo.

78/76/96 all seem like better hands, as well as any other 8x combo we have that doesnt have a pair. J7 and stuff too. We largely want to lead hands that don't feel like amazing hands to c/c, unless for some reason we decide to lead our entire (or a huge %) range due to range advantage. I'd guess we have a small advantage here but its kinda hard to say as the ranges aren't what I'm used to with the lack of antes.

As played turn is pretty dam awesome lol, and definitely go bigger on the river.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 07:27:17 PM »

river sizing is leaving chips on the table
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: