blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $5,000 Stud - Day Two
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $5,000 Stud - Day Two  (Read 4614 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2005, 02:17:52 AM »

Dave Colclough finished Day 1 in great shape, 5th in chips of the remaining 37, with nearly $300,000 to the winner, & money down to 16th.

I have not heard a peep from him - don't know if that's a good or a bad thing - but I sure ain't gonna text or call him, that'd be the last thing he needs as he bids for that elusive bracelet.

I have had a breeze round the usual sites, & there seems to be very little info avaiable on the Stud. I might also add, the so called "Live Updates" aint exactly high quality. I do hope we can do better than THAT when we get to Vegas..... I did see one report suggesting he was down to 28k, but no further news on him.

So, if anyone hears 'owt, post it here please.

Thanks Guys.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 03:12:38 AM »

There's a bit of luck, just managed to get hold of Rhow. (Behave lads).

She says they are on dinner break in the Stud. Dave is still in, but second lowest in chips.

17 players are still in. 16 get paid. 16th gets $10,000-ish.

BUBBLE TIME! Given reasonable luck, he should survive the Bubble, then, I hope, go for it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 03:44:16 AM »

12 left Dave in 11th spot, guaranteed $14,440

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 04:03:53 AM »

Nice spot Ian.

I am staggered how quickly they appear to have gone from 17 players to 12 - but I'm not complaining!

With the antes at $400, & the bring-in at $800, he cant afford more than one mistake or piece of bad luck, but he knows what he's doing, & I am ever hopeful. If nothing else, I'd like him to make the TV table. Once there, maybe he can dance a little, get lucky, & move back into contention. If he does, the others will know they have been in a game.

You at Walsall tomorrow?

ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 04:13:26 AM »

is he that good at stud?
Not being cute or anything just don't know, not a game you associate with him.

Walsall............not entirely sure just yet, got the kids and need to look at my finances (still haven't got back the money some scumbag stole from my bank account) though i have a pal who wants to sponsor me but i ain't sure i'm ready for the burden of playing with someone elses money, just seems like added pressure lol
I have yet to decide, though think i'll pop in and say hello
Ian

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 04:25:53 AM »

Is he good at Stud?

Handy enough, he had a WSOP cash in Stud 2 or 3 years ago, 16 or 17th as I recall. And he adores playing stud, almost as much as his beloved 6 card Omaha. But he has dodgy mincers these days, so it's not easy to see other players up cards if he is in an "end seat" (2/3, 7/8/9).

Be nice if you can pop in tomorrow & say "Hi". I am sure I know you - well I sure do via blonde - but I struggle to put names to faces. I reckon I know your face, but not your name. Or is it the other way round?

I saw a guy I recognized tonight at Luton, knew he was one of us, our eyes met (behave..) & we shook hands, I said, "err, are you Sheriff Fatman?", he said "no, I am TightEnd". How embarrassing. I just plead senility. It's amazing how many folks accept that at face value.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 04:29:20 AM »

The report that there were 12 left was wrong - I must say, it shocked me that they had lost 5 players AND had a dinner break - in 20 minutes!

They have just resumed post dinner, & it's still Bubble time. 17 left, 16 get paid.

Maybe that was a premonition you had....!

ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 04:35:48 AM »

Yeah, my appologies........they gave the top 12 chipcounts and i ASSUMED there were 12 left doh!!
Hand for hand now on the Tik.....err bubble Grin
Come on Dave

Who was it said when you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME??
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 04:37:23 AM by ifm » Logged

Of course not.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 04:48:52 AM »

Sweating time has ended for now, 16 left and our hero is in the money  Cheesy
Just hope he goes on to finish strongly

Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 04:55:22 AM »

That's OFFICIAL!

Nice one Ian. I guess you know Dave pretty well from his days as a Walsall regular?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 05:03:05 AM »

Man gone - Rob Hollink busted out, 15 left.

Dave is up to 35k, there are 3 lower stacks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 05:05:17 AM by tikay » Logged

ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 05:05:35 AM »

No mate, only been going there since November, actually never heard of him lol!!
I played in the 500 Jan 1st and sat next to him for about 5 1/2 hours and every break folks would say things like "good he is ain't he" or "great player, got all the moves be careful"
I'd reply "who? him? total rock, only saw him play 3 hands and one of those was aces!!"
Was a great experience though, it taught me patience and thinking back now he must have been as card dead as me for all that time. BTW i'm the "shortstack" in his tourny report that went allin on the first hand on the final table only to be reraised by Simon Nowab (i actually winked at him cuz he protected me!!!) with AK and hit his K on the turn poooh!!!
Ian

Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 05:05:59 AM »

Ave stack now circa 62k.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 05:21:59 AM »

14 left now after another exit, DC still there.

Minimum money goes up to $12,600-ish.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 05:31:20 AM »

Ian's premonition has come to be correct - 12 left now, after two more exits, & Dave still there!

Minimum money goes up to $14,400 approx.

Any more predictions Ian?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: