blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Richard Gryko
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Gryko  (Read 5916 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »

Richard, who has been on & off the scene for over 12 years now, won the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC High Roller for £30,000.

I was looking to write a little report about his victory elsewhere, partly because I've always been a great admirer of him, even though he does not tolerate fools like me gladly.

So, I went to google, & found a remarkable blondepoker interview with Richard, which, spookily, was published 9 years - to the day - before the High Roller.

It's worth reading, not only because Richard is one of a kind, but it also reminds us what an amazing interviewer Jen Mason is.

Read & enjoy.

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/3656

Click to see full-size image.

blonde should keep doing these interviews imo, way better time spent than starting these forced threads, an interview every 2-3 days would bring a lot of traffic, especially with social media.

*meant in nicest way possible*

Seems a really good idea but interview every 2-3 days doesn't seem feasible.

I understand trying to get post count up and I have been trying to post more rather than just read but if we had new members being brought in (or old members back posting) by something like this surely that would be loads better rather than relying on a few people's post counts going through the roof. Would it be possible to get tighty if he had the time to do it or failing that encourage someone like Jen Mason (who has the experience etc to do a good interview) to help blonde out by doing this maybe with a live MTT buy in or 2 sent her way by DTD.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »

every 2-3 days is not feasible

organising poker players (to be on time for an interview or even turn up on skype etc, answering questions by email etc) is like herding cats. its far easier to do when you are at an event, see them face to face and sit down with them. unfortunately im not at many events.

i'll see what i can do though, once my current issues pass.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »

I'll get this debate - from Patrick's post onwards - moved across to the "blonde Stats" thread in The Lounge, & try to respond to a few of the posts & suggestions tomorrow or Friday, as I don't have the time today.

In the interim, if Patrick (or anyone else) who knows many of the online Big Boys (most of us don't) wants to do a few Interviews, we'll certainly promote them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 04:52:34 PM »

Pings in the plo bracelet at the wsope what a boss!

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 05:10:03 PM »

It took Gryko 1 hand to beat me in a heat at the world heads up champs at the Vic about 5 yrs ago. Boss!

@whollyflush on twitter
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »

It took Gryko 1 hand to beat me in a heat at the world heads up champs at the Vic about 5 yrs ago. Boss!

Haha I remember you telling me this. AQ vs AK iirc cos you'd been warned he was agg

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 11:43:58 PM »

Haha I remember you telling me this. AQ vs AK iirc cos you'd been warned he was agg

can't fold AQ preflop HU mate  Roll Eyes

@whollyflush on twitter
neverbluff67

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 12:14:57 AM »

Hahaha amazing interview from Gryko!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: