blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  How does Cherie Blair sleep at night?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How does Cherie Blair sleep at night?  (Read 1069 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:50:23 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/maldives/11870055/Cherie-Blair-launches-sanctions-attack-on-Amal-Clooney-in-Maldives-showdown.html

Am I missing something in this story, or am I right in thinking Cherie Blair should #getinthefuckingsea ?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »

On a big pile of money?

There is a train of thought that even the worst people deserve a defence, and that their lawyer is obliged to defend them to the best of their ability even if the lawyer in question doesn't necessarily believe what they are saying themselves. This is probably what she is doing here.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 09:41:17 AM »

If guilty people don't have a proper defense, how can we prove they are guilty?

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 09:45:47 AM »

On a big pile of money?

There is a train of thought that even the worst people deserve a defence, and that their lawyer is obliged to defend them to the best of their ability even if the lawyer in question doesn't necessarily believe what they are saying themselves. This is probably what she is doing here.

Agree
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »

I'm not surprised at all by this. After all she is married to a war criminal.

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »

On a big pile of money?

That's about the sum of it, I believe.

Mat be different in International Law, but my understanding was that a Lawyer or Solicitor is obliged to do all they can to defend their side. That's what she is doing.

And no, I don't especially like or dislike her. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »

I struggled to suppress a smile at this line though. (My enboldenment).

Mrs Blair hailed her well-paying client, the Maldives government led by the half-brother of the long-time dictator, as “a young democracy recently undergoing a period of transition

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »

I struggled to suppress a smile at this line though. (My enboldenment).

Mrs Blair hailed her well-paying client, the Maldives government led by the half-brother of the long-time dictator, as “a young democracy recently undergoing a period of transition

Lavishing them with praise there?  It is a complete non story made into one by the Telegraph because of the people involved.  This looks like one line in a letter Cherie Blair has sent to her client.  Her client has chosen to release it. 

As others have said it is generally accepted that barristers have a principal they take the next case in their speciality. 

Having said this, no matter how shitty the Maldives Government are, there are plenty of others who should probably be ahead of them in the queue for sanctions.  People should just be aware before they splash their cash on a flash holiday. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: