blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402961 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 27, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »

Great win for Chelsea and some start for 4 of the English clubs topping their groups with 2 wins each.

Good week in Europe as well for the top PL strikers - Kane, Lukaku, Morata, Sterling....

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 28, 2017, 08:04:08 PM »

Mendy Sad

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 28, 2017, 08:12:10 PM »

Mendy will be a big loss, was shocked in Delphs performance, pep does like him though but not sure it will be good enough for the premiership, even Southgate is giving him a run. Hope Fab proves me wrong but surely lacks pace as a left back? Glad I booked with BA for the Napoli trip, a number of blues who booked with Ryanair are now flightless.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 29, 2017, 05:52:33 AM »

Aguero been involved in a car crash in Holland, taxi he was in careered into a pole. He is suspected to have broken ribs.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/860189/Sergio-Aguero-car-accident-Manchester-City-broken-ribs-car-crash-Independiente

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 29, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »

Aguero been involved in a car crash in Holland, taxi he was in careered into a pole. He is suspected to have broken ribs.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/860189/Sergio-Aguero-car-accident-Manchester-City-broken-ribs-car-crash-Independiente

What with Mendy, & now this, I am starting to feel sorry for the City. Almost.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 30, 2017, 07:24:19 PM »

Little bit pedestrian last night, certainly not the flowing champagne football we've been watching so far, but ultimately 3 points and another clean sheet so can't really grumble.

Fair play to Shaktar, they are no mugs and gave us a decent game. When half your team is Brazilian, you're likely to have a few tricky players Smiley Opening goal came at a good time, and undoubtedly after a few stern half time words from Pep, and that took the wind out of their sails. Was fairly routine stuff after that, but 1-0 is never a safe margin.

Aguero's penalty kinda summed up his game I think. The forwards never looked particularly at the races. Jesus was mostly anonymous too. Sane always looked a threat but his final ball or decision needs some tinkering.

Sterling and Bernardo both looked sharp when they came on, and fantastic to see Gundogan back so soon for a little cameo. With Mendy out for what appears to be months instead of weeks, expect to see more of Delph at left back....who says Pep isn't a genius? Wink

Chelsea on Saturday, expecting a more subdued, tight affair, so pencil it in for 4-4.

I enjoyed it, made a nice  change from the Harlem Globetrotters,  and thought Shaktar were very good in the 1st half before we took over after the break.

Impressed with Delph, some performance that, and the stability of the back generally - Fernandinho, Stones, Ederson. Walker given a torrid time in the 1st half but he kept going as well.

Watching Chelsea at the moment. Shame Hazard is back. I'll have a chirp if we win there...

Chirp away.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 30, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »

That was wonderful.

Man City are the EPL's Rolls Royce.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 30, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »

Pep seemed to have paid attention to AW's tactical masterclass at the bridge a few weeks ago and the home side seemed clueless after Morata went off.

Well deserved win for your lads.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 30, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »

Money doesn't guarantee success in elite European football. But it certainly helps. https://t.co/cX89ipuL8Y

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 30, 2017, 11:13:22 PM »

Pep seemed to have paid attention to AW's tactical masterclass at the bridge a few weeks ago and the home side seemed clueless after Morata went off.

Well deserved win for your lads.

I'm sure Pep always watches AW very closely, plenty he can learn from the master.

And yes Tighty, we've spent plenty of money?

Best Bitter.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 01, 2017, 12:01:34 AM »

Money doesn't guarantee success in elite European football. But it certainly helps. https://t.co/cX89ipuL8Y

Spot the mistake

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 01, 2017, 09:16:17 AM »

That was wonderful.

Man City are the EPL's Rolls Royce.

A mini-chirp. I agree it was wonderful  Smiley Smiley

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 01, 2017, 12:38:23 PM »

Got a call at 10am Saturday morning 2 spares for the game, really a buzz when you are least expecting two tickets to fall in your lap. Absolutely bossed the game. Stones is different class.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »

Was talking in the pub last night post game about Stones. Couple of years ago, when we lost Kompany for x amount of games it was always panic stations and literally counting down the days until he was back. I think we are finally getting to the stage of coping without him, and a big part of that is Stones really growing as a player. Don't get me wrong, I would love a fully fit Vinny in our XI as I still think he's head and shoulders the best defender in the league when available, but at least we are in a better position to cope without him. Kinda similar situation for Aguero too, as much as we miss him when injured, we don't miss him quite as much as we have done in previous seasons.

We are still dodgy at the back though, cos Danny Murphy said so.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 01, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »

Stones has been brilliant since a couple of hairy moments early in the Liverpool game at the beginning of the September. Perfect timing really because of the ongoing Kompany problems. Stones’s form in September  has to be the best of his career. Certainly, he hasn’t been responsible for any goals as there have been 4 clean sheets in league games and 2 in CL games in September!

Anyway, he has got a great chance to remind the English public of how shit he is really is in the forthcoming England games. If selected. Not heard it mentioned but 3 of the back 4 were English yesterday and, with Sterling, 4 English players started. Maybe 3 of them are seen as 2nd choice only as well. I’d rather they didn’t play albeit understanding they want the caps for their personal ambitions.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: