blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:38:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401632 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:44 PM »

Yeah exactly, Hart simply wouldn't work in this team. Stones is absolutely amazing imo. Would be first name on England team sheet in World Cup for me. Different class and I said it at he time playoff Cahill instead of him vs Iceland was terrible decision and he should have been on at 1-2. International teams have always let our centre backs have the ball, I remember Cahill and Jags? Just punting it out of play repeatedly during Iceland it was so frustrating, Stones would gallop up the field with the ball

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 18, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »

Yeah exactly, Hart simply wouldn't work in this team. Stones is absolutely amazing imo. Would be first name on England team sheet in World Cup for me. Different class and I said it at he time playoff Cahill instead of him vs Iceland was terrible decision and he should have been on at 1-2. International teams have always let our centre backs have the ball, I remember Cahill and Jags? Just punting it out of play repeatedly during Iceland it was so frustrating, Stones would gallop up the field with the ball

He's gotta get in ahead of this one first Wink

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/11019710/phil-jones-is-englands-best-defender-gareth-southgate-says

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 18, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »

I love watching city. I chose them instead of Spurs/real today, will pep really be so stubborn with playing out from the back once you take on Barca/PSG/Real?

What hhy said and also tikay with his vg "induce" analogy...

It's proving to be a winning strategy and  we are getting better and better at it. Most teams back off or don't bother with the very high press against City because they will get killed. Napoli are probably the most accomplished high pressing team in Europe at the moment and City broke the lines many times last night and ended up with overloads. The 2nd goal started with Ederson, involved him again, and finished with a 3 v 3 in the Napoli box with Jesus converting. Several great goals the same way this season including my favourite which was the 2nd against Stoke at the weekend. Meanwhile the Dinho error/John Stones block last night was the closest to catastrophe this season. Risk v reward innit.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 29, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »

Man City completed 844 passes against West Brom: the most by a team in the Premier League since the start of the 2003-04 season.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 29, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »

Decent performance yesterday, Sane looked a bit tired, pep didn't seem to happy after the game as always approaches fans after final whistle but declined yesterday, seemed happier on motd. Ready for Napoli today, rumour has it we have only sold 2000 tickets. Strange info on Napoli website that no belts to be worn in the stadium. Blues all are meeting at the port then bused to the ground, our hotel is ten minutes from the port so good choice in gaff. We fly out Tuesday and leave Thursday night so a bit off sight seeing Thursday if we still have our pants on.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
engy

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 29, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »

How many tickets were allocated ? 2000 seems a low turnout,
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 30, 2017, 08:30:33 AM »

3,000 but there was lots of trouble last visit there. Lots of city booked flights through Ryan air as well which hasn't helped, and most of other flights were via Milan, we were lucky direct to Naples from Gatwick.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 30, 2017, 04:16:25 PM »

Ah ok I can see why some wouldn't travel, Absolutely love the football City are playing at the minute.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 30, 2017, 08:07:56 PM »

I don't think 2k is a bad turnout whatsoever.

Whilst Naples isn't too difficult to get to, its an away day we've had very recently (2/3 years ago?), and I know a lot of fans that might travel to Europe to watch us ideally want to visit new cities and stadiums. Factor in half term, Christmas being round the corner, the reputation of the home fans, Monarch going tits up, and I think 2000 is a more than decent following.

Have a great and safe trip Flushthemout!

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 31, 2017, 06:44:07 AM »

Cheers H

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 31, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »

Man City completed 844 passes against West Brom: the most by a team in the Premier League since the start of the 2003-04 season.

So many of these records and fun facts  at the moment.

My favourite is this one showing Sterling in a good light (and Aguero, Jesus and Sane)...

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 31, 2017, 02:19:02 PM »

Decent performance yesterday, Sane looked a bit tired, pep didn't seem to happy after the game as always approaches fans after final whistle but declined yesterday, seemed happier on motd. Ready for Napoli today, rumour has it we have only sold 2000 tickets. Strange info on Napoli website that no belts to be worn in the stadium. Blues all are meeting at the port then bused to the ground, our hotel is ten minutes from the port so good choice in gaff. We fly out Tuesday and leave Thursday night so a bit off sight seeing Thursday if we still have our pants on.

Have a good one flush.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 31, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »

Cheers Archer. What a mad Place Napoli is, so much traffic, good flight, landed 30 minutes early, mad taxi driver from Airport and even a worse one from Restaurant back to hotel tonight. Restaurant was nice and the staff looked after us really well. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 01, 2017, 11:34:19 PM »

Great match vs Napoli. Really exciting to watch and so glad that Sterling is getting a run in the side and seems to be doing well. Bodes well for the national team.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 02, 2017, 01:11:49 AM »

Great match vs Napoli. Really exciting to watch and so glad that Sterling is getting a run in the side and seems to be doing well. Bodes well for the national team.

Was a great game and essentially mirrored the Etihad match but reversed; we were sloppy and not at the races in the first 30 mins or so, but then began to get a foothold in proceedings and ended the half on top, and probs the best team in the 2nd half too and worthy winners by the final whistle.

To go to Napoli, who are steamrolling Serie A, and score 4 is quite incredible. To do it with both Silva's, Jesus and Walker on the bench really underlines the quality of the squad. We so lacked these options last year, such an improvement on Navas, Fernando, Clichy, Nolito, Sagna etc

Was a solid team performance, but extra credit has to go to the defence for a tight 90 minutes facing a strong attacking team, and to the players like Gundogan and Danilo who haven't had loads of game time but stepped in seamlessly. Thought Sterling was excellent and caused them problems all game. He's making a mockery of people who were quick to write him off. In all honesty I think Sterling should fuck off the national team, but I just hate international football Smiley

Can't not mention the record breaker. Take a bow Sergio, take a bow.

Ralph's boys next up on Sunday....

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: