blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401733 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: April 19, 2019, 12:20:18 AM »

Why didn't they show pictures of the VAR offside for the final "goal"?

BT did there attempt in the post-match stiff with a single black line. Definitely off-side on that and zero complaints. But I've not seen the official VAR shots anywhere.

In the BT highlights show (but not the post-match stuff) there was a very clear view of the Morientes "handball". Indisputably hit his arm first and then hip before going in. Apparently, based on the guidelines UEFA gave to refs in January, this should have been disallowed irrespective of all other hand-ball rules re intent, deliberate or not, clear and obvious, silhouettes etc. But the ref wasn't given the clips where it was clear. I don't like that.

If the ball had struck a City defender in exactly the same fashion and been diverted away to safety, would it have been a penalty? The arm was clearly inside the body silhouette and there was no movement of the arm toward the ball.

I haven’t seen any of the evidence that makes it “indisputably handball”, only what was shown at the time, which looked pretty ok to me.
I’d say it’s one of those decisions where, if it had been Kompany’s intervention that scored a goal for City you would be absolutely horrified to have it disallowed.

I've read a bit more about this now. It is an IFAB change in the laws of the game which are effective from 1st June this year (and for the Champions League final):

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
• a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm
and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity  

Meanwhile, UEFA issued a directive to CL referees that they should apply the new rules now in advance of the official date.

So it is very specific, black and white almost, when there is evidence the ball simply touched a hand or arm before a goal but unlike penalties for handball which are subject to a completely different criteria.

On reflection it means it wasn't even a marginal decision and, if this is the rule,  the goal should have been disallowed. It is a matter of fact the ball touched his arm when you see the clearest replay.  No blame to the referee here because he could only work on the replays presented to him. And VAR has messed up.

banter incoming (mostly to deflect any comments on our world class goalkeeper and our surrender to the putative 2019 CL winners)

The ball didn’t go into the goal due to it’s touching his arm and he definitely didn’t gain control or possession due to the contact with his arm.

Seriously though; you conceded 3 goals at home, when did that happen last?

We were talking about de gea last night. You will know better than me but my perception is there have been plenty of uncharacteristic errors in the last year or so.  Joe Hart-itis maybe? Replace with Jack Butland?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 19, 2019, 12:36:39 AM »

We were talking about de gea last night. You will know better than me but my perception is there have been plenty of uncharacteristic errors in the last year or so.  Joe Hart-itis maybe? Replace with Jack Butland?

Probably wondering wtf he's still doing playing in the prem Cheesy

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 19, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »

Promote Romero to #1 while we wait for Pickford to grow up.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 19, 2019, 03:08:46 PM »

Promote Romero to #1 while we wait for Pickford to grow up.

Will they get any dough for DDG now?

Obv not as much as they could have, I'd imagine.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 22, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »

Eden Hazard is more like Raheem Sterling than Raheem Sterling.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2240 on: April 22, 2019, 11:53:13 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 25, 2019, 07:00:36 PM »

I'm working in Manchester next week and fancy watching Leicester draw with City (you heard it here first...).

Any way to get a ticket for less than the £240 being asked for a hospitality one?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 25, 2019, 07:32:28 PM »

I'm working in Manchester next week and fancy watching Leicester draw with City (you heard it here first...).

Any way to get a ticket for less than the £240 being asked for a hospitality one?

Paging Tighty.

LOL @ that Hazard vid. So good!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 25, 2019, 07:37:45 PM »

hhy etc might be able to help, ditto Archer maybe.

Send hhy a PM, he's very helpful. I forget his full alias here, I just call him fat fucker. Be patient though, think he's on holiday at the moment.

EDIT - just checked, his correct blonde alias is hhyftrftdr
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:39:31 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 25, 2019, 08:23:18 PM »

The game sold out months ago but City operate an exchange system where ST holders who can't attend "sell" the seat back to the club who then re-sell it usually the week before the match.  For the big and/or popular weekend games they  come up and sell again very quickly. The Leicester game is a treated as a big game as it  the last home game of the season which historically  always sells out very early and tickets can be like gold dust.
However, as the game has been moved to the Monday evening at very short notice, there are lots of unhappy punters with travel, flights and hotels booked etc who have been screwed over and won't be able to attend along with the many others who simply can't attend midweek in any case. So, I'd expect to see more than the normal number of tickets coming up for sale via the exchange system over the week ahead. You might be able to get one of these by phoning the ticket office but there is a possibility you might be screwed if you need a previous purchase history.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 25, 2019, 09:33:04 PM »

Erm, excuse me Tikay, I am not on holiday at the moment. I have no issues with the rest of your post though.

Gonna be tough to get a ticket for Leicester but as Archer points out, keep an eye on developments as there are a lot of disgruntled City fans who now seemingly can't make it so there could well be some tickets floating about in the days leading up to the game. Probably worth trying for the Leicester end too as I'm sure some of their support have also been fucked over by this late change.

Ironically, the change is good for me, but I'm firmly in the minority in that respect.

Regards,
FF (fat fucker)

Best Bitter.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 26, 2019, 09:25:43 AM »

Thanks both.

Seems like some exchange tickets may be filtering through. The 'buy tickets' button on the main website is no longer grayed out - it was when I posted yesterday - so hopefully a seat will appear sometime.

EDIT: got one, I'm in block 106. Now to rearrange my diary as I thought the game was next week....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:36:14 AM by Longines » Logged
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 26, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »

Thanks both.

Seems like some exchange tickets may be filtering through. The 'buy tickets' button on the main website is no longer grayed out - it was when I posted yesterday - so hopefully a seat will appear sometime.

EDIT: got one, I'm in block 106. Now to rearrange my diary as I thought the game was next week....

Nice one.
A draw will be a great result for City. If we beat Burnley that is and Liverpool drop points beforehand Smiley Who knows, a win might be for the title...
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 30, 2019, 08:53:52 PM »

I love Ederson. The only way I could love him more is if he'd knocked the gobshite into 2020.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ederson-poses-tommy-robinson-didnt-14975625?fbclid=IwAR0di98Z7pwORIAytVDPKdwJICMLWo-RI0EchbWCxF3b_tfCNANtetXbD_c

Best Bitter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 07, 2019, 12:35:04 PM »

Just one more result and we're there. Kompany distributes the ball so well. He's getting betterer

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: