blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:38:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402243 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: May 18, 2019, 11:26:32 PM »

Why does an unprecedented treble seem so underwhelming?

From Leicester '16 to today...

Cos it's been done with dirty oil money, bloody foreigners coming over here stealing our football clubs.

And let's not forget the bald fraud who is orchestrating it all. Clearly he has no real managerial pedigree until he takes Yeovil to the Premier League title. Until then he's just a chequebook manager who's not only stealing a living but also stealing a job from solid, no nonsense British managers like Moyes, Pardew, Curbishley or Big Sam.

Can't wait until the Sheik gets bored.

One last thing; empty seats.

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: May 19, 2019, 12:11:12 AM »

City fans are boss, have fond memories of them way back in the non premiership days.

The football is boss

Pep is boss.

But I haven't felt a thing this season.

Uniteds best teams, arsenals best sides and even Chelsea's champions all had me enthralled. I love it when sides achieve things never done before.

City do something unprecedented, and the nation shrugs at the mehness of it all.

It's maybe a side effect of just how dominant and one paced city are combined with the absurd money. And likely how close to Leicesters season it was.

It's almost as though the public have collectively put an asterix next to your achievements already.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: May 19, 2019, 09:56:28 AM »

the financial doping aspects (pending further conclusions) make it difficult to inspire/enthuse for many i think.

Have to say, leaving all that aside, what a player Bernardo Silva is. Doesn't just play, he wins the ball off the biggest unit on the pitch Doucoure 40 yards out and he is the smallest player, proceeds to create the first goal and runs the show.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: May 19, 2019, 12:51:49 PM »

City fans are boss, have fond memories of them way back in the non premiership days.

The football is boss

Pep is boss.

Uniteds best teams, arsenals best sides and even Chelsea's champions all had me enthralled. I love it when sides achieve things never done before.

City do something unprecedented, and the nation shrugs at the mehness of it all.

It's maybe a side effect of just how dominant and one paced city are combined with the absurd money. And likely how close to Leicesters season it was.

It's almost as though the public have collectively put an asterix next to your achievements already.

I can understand why outsiders/neutrals may find the domestic cups a bit meh, but if you weren't enthralled by a team having to be note perfect for 14 games to win the title, whilst under immense pressure in what was one of the closest and longest run ins ever, then maybe that's a reflection on you rather than the football.

I think this season has aged me 10 years. My boyish good looks have evaporated ffs.

Vincent Kompany <3

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: May 19, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »

Good to see him leave on a high;

Vincent Kompany leaves Manchester City to become Anderlecht player-manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48325845

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: May 19, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »

Good to see him leave on a high;

Vincent Kompany leaves Manchester City to become Anderlecht player-manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48325845

Absolutely gutted when the initial news broke, but when it was then announced he was leaving for Anderlecht I was so delighted for him. His incredible career has gone full circle now, back to where it all began.

Fairytale stuff to bow out on the first ever domestic treble. As hard as it is for any City fan to swallow, it does feel like the right time for him. Just gonna be so weird not seeing him in the line up ever again Sad

I imagine City will work pretty closely with Anderlecht going forward, probably send over a few kids on loan. Dare I say that when Pep chooses to move on, Vincent might make a triumphant return to Manchester.....

Incredible player, incredible person.

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: May 19, 2019, 05:44:53 PM »

The football is boss

Pep is boss.

I can understand why outsiders/neutrals may find the domestic cups a bit meh, but if you weren't enthralled by a team having to be note perfect for 14 games to win the title, whilst under immense pressure in what was one of the closest and longest run ins ever, then maybe that's a reflection on you rather than the football.

I think this season has aged me 10 years. My boyish good looks have evaporated ffs.

Vincent Kompany <3

yah maybe.

i loved the title run in, but city do not inspire any emotion in me whatsoever. i'd normally buzz of a team doing half of what you achieved. the fa cup final was an example of it. watching one player worth 100m come on after another off the bench to run up a score against the 11th best side in the country and all in a monotone style. just left me cold. simply don't feel anything watching you play.

an unprecedented domestic treble and everyone has moved on from it like it never happened.

a really strange vibe around city for neutrals
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: May 19, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

Tbh as a largely non football fan I only get interested when a good storyline happens, Leicester being a good example. There is zero interest when a cashed up club that ‘should’ win actually does, same when Chelsea had their years of being the club chucking the most cash around. Would loved to have seen Liverpool turn city over this year.....
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: May 19, 2019, 07:09:11 PM »

The football is boss

Pep is boss.

Vincent Kompany <3

yah maybe.

i loved the title run in, but city do not inspire any emotion in me whatsoever. i'd normally buzz of a team doing half of what you achieved. the fa cup final was an example of it. watching one player worth 100m come on after another off the bench to run up a score against the 11th best side in the country and all in a monotone style. just left me cold. simply don't feel anything watching you play.

an unprecedented domestic treble and everyone has moved on from it like it never happened.

a really strange vibe around city for neutrals

You might have moved on from it but us City fans will be dining on the treble for years.....unless we win the quad next season Wink

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make in all honesty. I'd be a little surprised if neutrals were getting so emotionally involved. Any title or cup win from one of the 'usual suspect' teams isn't gonna stir the emotions like the Leicester title did, for obvious reasons, so any comparison to that season is churlish.

Other City fans might disagree but what a neutral thinks of this great club doesn't matter one iota to me. All that matters is what happens on the pitch, and thankfully there isn't anyone better in England than us at what we do.

With the media dead against City for years, we've had to develop somewhat of a siege mentality, so it really is no shit off my elbow if observers are left cold by our success. If anything, I almost like that. We're winning the (domestic) lot, and winning it in style, much to the chagrin of many journalists and 'experts' and long may that continue.

I hope we go and spend another half a billion this summer and blitz the league again, just to piss people off Smiley

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: May 19, 2019, 07:29:50 PM »

Be good if city could keep going as they are, and chase down United's tallies.

Be good to have the 2 Manchester clubs as the most successful of all time.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: May 19, 2019, 07:34:41 PM »

yup no doubt a great time to be a city fan

i just don't believe you'll ever get credit. there's always going to be either a mental or literal asterisk  next to your titles or complete indifference. i don't think most neutrals can muster up enough emotion to hate you enough for a siege mentality to be appropriate. mostly you get ignored.

14 consecutive wins to pip the greatest title race in prem history and you are on the back page for a day.

i've absolutely stanned man u and arsenal teams in the past. i guess previous title winners have been far more thrilling, and three years after Leicester the story of unprecedented spending = unprecedented success is like returning to a 70's sitcom after seeing curb your enthusiasm. aside from kompany's howitzer city's, epic season has been polished pop, just done really[/i] well.

i mean congrats and all that...
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: May 19, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »

i just don't believe you'll ever get credit. there's always going to be either a mental or literal asterisk  next to your titles or complete indifference. i don't think most neutrals can muster up enough emotion to hate you enough for a siege mentality to be appropriate. mostly you get ignored.

14 consecutive wins to pip the greatest title race in prem history and you are on the back page for a day.

i've absolutely stanned man u and arsenal teams in the past. i guess previous title winners have been far more thrilling, and three years after Leicester the story of unprecedented spending = unprecedented success is like returning to a 70's sitcom after seeing curb your enthusiasm. aside from kompany's howitzer city's, epic season has been polished pop, just done really[/i] well.

I'm not entirely sure when you became the voice of the nation Wink

You feel nothing seeing City play and lift a trophy, that's fine. Plenty feel love. Even more feel hate. Some don't care either way.

Maybe next season the ''people's champions'' Liverpool might get your juices flowing. Or maybe City will win the title again, leaving you as cold as my dead grandma.

Watch this space.

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: May 19, 2019, 08:20:13 PM »

You feel nothing seeing City play and lift a trophy, that's fine. Plenty feel love. Even more feel hate. Some don't care either way.

Maybe next season the ''people's champions'' Liverpool might get your juices flowing. Or maybe City will win the title again, leaving you as cold as my dead grandma.

Watch this space.

He doesn't speak for me, and I don't thgink he speaks for the majority.  I am pretty neutral, though went to see City a few times when I lived in Manchester many years ago.  I am glad either City or Liverpool have won, as they are playing the best football.  I struggle to get angry about City buying the title.  I don't see many neutrals getting upset about Manchester United spending bucketfuls of cash over the past few years. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: May 19, 2019, 09:09:55 PM »

Watch this space.

He doesn't speak for me, and I don't thgink he speaks for the majority.  I am pretty neutral, though went to see City a few times when I lived in Manchester many years ago.  I am glad either City or Liverpool have won, as they are playing the best football.  I struggle to get angry about City buying the title.  I don't see many neutrals getting upset about Manchester United spending bucketfuls of cash over the past few years. 

Two points about United spending bucketfuls of cash in the past few years.
1) it was self-generated.
2) it was wasted

City haven’t wasted much of their spend. Pep is undoubtedly not just a tactician, he also develops the talent at his disposal.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: May 19, 2019, 09:39:47 PM »

treble isnt a treble till its a treble treble man city is just a rich mans celtic wannabe :-)

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: