blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:57:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402426 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: August 08, 2019, 06:19:42 PM »

Scott Carson; the final piece in the jigsaw.

European domination awaits....

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: August 11, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »

Pretty average performance against a poor West Ham team.

One game against a Top 6 team in the first three months of the season, gives you a decent shot a good start.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: August 11, 2019, 07:49:37 PM »

One game against a Top 6 team in the first three months of the season, gives you a decent shot a good start.

Yep, we were nowhere near our best yet still ran out rather comfortable 5-0 winners against a team that will probably finish top 10 with ease.

Bodes well doesn't it Smiley

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: August 11, 2019, 08:40:03 PM »

This made me lollll very hard.   As much as i hate saying it MC are going to win this league literally by half the track.   1/2 is stealing money.   WH will comfortably top half this season.   Much more lol how a manure fan says this after winning 4-0 today a game they should have probably drawn at best on the stats. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:52:12 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: August 11, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »

This made me lollll very hard.   As much as i hate saying it MC are going to win this league literally by half the track.   1/2 is stealing money.   WH will comfortably top half this season.   Much more lol how a Manchester United fan says this after winning 4-0 today a game they should have probably drawn at best on the stats. 
fyp

hfffylrpqxx understands this is banter.

You maybe don’t.

I agree with most of what you’ve said, although I’m less sure of WHU being top half.

By the way, goals decide games, not stats 😂

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: August 11, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »

I don't get manure banter because 99% of manure fans have never been to Old Trafford.  I have been surrounded by their plastics all afternoon watching the game.   Has been very funny how they don't realise they are literally inches from being 2-0 down and the 'ole out' chants would have already been started up.  Plus a dodgy pen and a deflection.  Can't be many 4-0's in EPL history with these basic stats.  All good moving forward punting wise though.   Long may the goals count more than the stats.

Does Maguire get the MOTM if the post doesn't get rattled twice and the two shots go two inches further inside the post?   Wouldn't have changed his performance remotely if they had.  Then you have to listen to the PC 'bookies ads are banned during the match because punters lose too much gambling'.    Poor little lambs.   Try being less results orientated punters/pundits/fans and swim against the '#goalsdecidegames' tide and make the game pay.  Stoke used to have stats like that under TP.   

Home TeamMan UtdAway TeamChelsea
Possession
Home46%Away54%
Shots
Home11Away18
Shots on Target
Home5Away7
Corners
Home3Away5
Fouls
Home15Away13
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:02:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: August 11, 2019, 10:40:46 PM »

I don't get Manchester United  banter because 99% of manure fans have never been to Old Trafford.  I have been surrounded by their plastics all afternoon watching the game.   Has been very funny how they don't realise they are literally inches from being 2-0 down and the 'ole out' chants would have already been started up.  Plus a dodgy pen and a deflection.  Can't be many 4-0's in EPL history with these basic stats.  All good moving forward punting wise though.   Long may the goals count more than the stats.

Does Maguire get the MOTM if the post doesn't get rattled twice and the two shots go two inches further inside the post?   Wouldn't have changed his performance remotely if they had.  Then you have to listen to the PC 'bookies ads are banned during the match because punters lose too much gambling'.    Poor little lambs.   Try being less results orientated punters/pundits/fans and swim against the '#goalsdecidegames' tide and make the game pay.  Stoke used to have stats like that under TP.   

Possession
Home46%Away54%
Shots
Home11Away18
Shots on Target
Home5Away7
Corners
Home3Away5
Fouls
Home15Away13

FYP

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: August 12, 2019, 07:51:20 PM »

Time to start supporting someone else I think.

15 league wins on the bounce now and just 4 goals conceded in that sequence.

Great test coming up at the weekend with the game against Spurs.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: August 12, 2019, 07:58:29 PM »

I don't get Manchester United  banter because 99% of manure fans have never been to Old Trafford.  I have been surrounded by their plastics all afternoon watching the game.   Has been very funny how they don't realise they are literally inches from being 2-0 down and the 'ole out' chants would have already been started up.  Plus a dodgy pen and a deflection.  Can't be many 4-0's in EPL history with these basic stats.  All good moving forward punting wise though.   Long may the goals count more than the stats.

Possession
Home46%Away54%
Shots
Home11Away18
Shots on Target
Home5Away7
Corners
Home3Away5
Fouls
Home15Away13

FYP

Part FYP think you missed a bit.   Keep up son.   I know the salford reds have let their standards slip but doesn't have to apply to you as well.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: August 12, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »

I don't get Manchester United  banter because 99% of Manchester United fans have never been to Old Trafford.  I have been surrounded by their plastics all afternoon watching the game.   Has been very funny how they don't realise they are literally inches from being 2-0 down and the 'ole out' chants would have already been started up.  Plus a dodgy pen and a deflection.  Can't be many 4-0's in EPL history with these basic stats.  All good moving forward punting wise though.   Long may the goals count more than the stats.

Possession
Home46%Away54%
Shots
Home11Away18
Shots on Target
Home5Away7
Corners
Home3Away5
Fouls
Home15Away13

FYP

Part FYP think you missed a bit.   Keep up son.   I know the salford reds have let their standards slip but doesn't have to apply to you as well.

Thanks for pointing that out 😁

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: August 18, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »

My City supporting friend (yes, I have a friend) messaged me after yesterday’s game to say that he now believes football is corrupt and that the VAR decisions in yesterday’s game and the CL semi-final were evidence of this.

Is this a widely held belief amongst City fans?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: August 18, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »

My City supporting friend (yes, I have a friend) messaged me after yesterday’s game to say that he now believes football is corrupt and that the VAR decisions in yesterday’s game and the CL semi-final were evidence of this.

What took him so long?

Game is bent as fuck and has been for years, and VAR is horseshit.

But other than that it's all gravy Smiley

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: August 18, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »

Of course it is corrupt.

Last year in the Champions League L16 away at Schalke - we went 1-0 down following a penalty award against Otamendi when he had literally moved his arm out of the way to a straight line and touching his body. All BT pundits said no penalty and that was after allowing for the differing UEFA hardline approach to handballs. The ref awarded the penalty on the instruction of VAR but couldn't review it because the pitchside TV had broken. Corrupt.

QF against Spurs last year.  Llorente handball for a similar offence to Laporte's yesterday. Ref looked at the pitchside TV but VAR didn't show the images that proved the ball had hit his hand before. Goal allowed. Corrupt.

Yesterday, VAR only shows 1 angle of the incident. Different supporters footage from the opposite side clearly  shows the ball hits Laporte's shoulder and falls away without touching his arm/hand. Goal disallowed. Corrupt.

Is it just a coincidence that those 3 have all had technical failings? I doubt it. Wink

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: August 18, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »

Of course it is corrupt.

Last year in the Champions League L16 away at Schalke - we went 1-0 down following a penalty award against Otamendi when he had literally moved his arm out of the way to a straight line and touching his body. All BT pundits said no penalty and that was after allowing for the differing UEFA hardline approach to handballs. The ref awarded the penalty on the instruction of VAR but couldn't review it because the pitchside TV had broken. Corrupt.

QF against Spurs last year.  Llorente handball for a similar offence to Laporte's yesterday. Ref looked at the pitchside TV but VAR didn't show the images that proved the ball had hit his hand before. Goal allowed. Corrupt.

Yesterday, VAR only shows 1 angle of the incident. Different supporters footage from the opposite side clearly  shows the ball hits Laporte's shoulder and falls away without touching his arm/hand. Goal disallowed. Corrupt.

Is it just a coincidence that those 3 have all had technical failings? I doubt it. Wink

Post of the year contender.

Especially as you're usually the sensible one.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: August 18, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »

No question we were comically lucky yesterday. Surprised you created so little in the last 15 minutes, given how beguilingly dominant you were in the first 75. Would have been a joy to watch, had it not been against my team.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: