blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 12:30:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272977 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 407601 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: May 17, 2016, 08:57:44 PM »

Such a loyal servant, all the best in retirement.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-17/an-ode-to-departing-man-city-goalkeeper-richard-wright/

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 24, 2016, 11:39:19 PM »

Was hold for what felt like a fortnight but finally got my relocation this afternoon. Paying slightly more for a worse seat, but it beats staying in CB1 at £725 a pop when I can't make all the home games. Certainly didn't wanna fall off the seasoncard ladder, now more than ever after only recently getting on again, so I'm satisfied. Will look to relocate to the cheap seats in the gods this time next year, but for now its a season at pitchside.

Still can't believe with all the wealth and brains at the club, we can't sort out the ticket office procedure. Typical City Smiley

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 25, 2016, 08:48:36 AM »

I've been reading about the ST relocation fiasco and people on hold for hours on the phone. So congrats  for perservering Smiley

The system this year iis a joke and totally unavoidable. The online system they had in place liast year was brilliant and could have very easily been adopted again this time. The "excuse" they have used for not using it this time is a joke as well. It is almost like a deliberate policy to take the piss. Some things City do brilliantly but Ticket Office woes are all too frequent.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 25, 2016, 03:22:31 PM »

Away days are the best days

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 25, 2016, 05:01:53 PM »

I've been reading about the ST relocation fiasco and people on hold for hours on the phone. So congrats  for perservering Smiley

The system this year iis a joke and totally unavoidable. The online system they had in place liast year was brilliant and could have very easily been adopted again this time. The "excuse" they have used for not using it this time is a joke as well. It is almost like a deliberate policy to take the piss. Some things City do brilliantly but Ticket Office woes are all too frequent.

It was very tempting to repeatedly smash the phone against my skull, but I resisted. I know of someone who was on hold for over 6 hours and still didn't get through. Seems like we've taken a big step backward compared to the online way. Nothing surprises me where the ticket office is concerned!

Away days are indeed the best! This £30 cap in place might make the odd London away feasible for me. No longer can the clubs in the capital rinse us for £65 a time Smiley Potentially a big discrepancy between what the home and visiting fans pay though, something that might need addressing further down the line. This bumper TV deal really should put an end to single match day tickets costing anything north of £40.

Best Bitter.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 25, 2016, 06:23:43 PM »

Really good first person perspective by a former City YTS player about rejection and trying to make it as a pro: https://www.theguardian.com/football/in-bed-with-maradona/2016/may/25/manchester-city-tulsa-oklahoma-footballer-dream
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 25, 2016, 07:21:10 PM »

Really good first person perspective by a former City YTS player about rejection and trying to make it as a pro: https://www.theguardian.com/football/in-bed-with-maradona/2016/may/25/manchester-city-tulsa-oklahoma-footballer-dream

Cheers - I enjoyed that.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 25, 2016, 07:31:34 PM »

It was very tempting to repeatedly smash the phone against my skull, but I resisted. I know of someone who was on hold for over 6 hours and still didn't get through. Seems like we've taken a big step backward compared to the online way. Nothing surprises me where the ticket office is concerned!

Away days are indeed the best! This £30 cap in place might make the odd London away feasible for me. No longer can the clubs in the capital rinse us for £65 a time Smiley Potentially a big discrepancy between what the home and visiting fans pay though, something that might need addressing further down the line. This bumper TV deal really should put an end to single match day tickets costing anything north of £40.

The £30 cap will make demand for aways interesting - particularly at a time when City are releasing more to corporates. And the VK Belgium supporters club Smiley

ST prices at City are generally fair but single match day prices are a joke at City. If they reduced the price by £10 over all categories  they would lose c8000 x £10 x 19 = £1.52 million for a league season. By way of comparison  the new TV deal will bring in another c£50million. 
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 30, 2016, 06:59:56 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10299601/manuel-pellegrini-regrets-timing-of-announcement-of-manchester-city-departure

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 30, 2016, 07:07:36 PM »

Ruined our season, ruined my life, just absolutely ruined.

Best Bitter.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 30, 2016, 07:36:03 PM »

Think Pellegrini should let it go now
City signed the highest profile manager in the world ,was always going to be a difficult transition

Really interesting summer for City, I have watched them live probably 20 times over the last 3 years and think they need a massive squad overhaul

Couldn't understand how many were saying they had clearly got the best biggest squad etc ...

So many of their players are past their best Toure,Kolorov,Zabba,Silva etc.... all who could have been in any PL best 11 in the past
Plus Kompany obv must have doubts if he can keep coming back from his injury hell
Bony must be leaving so poor this year
Leaves Pep with a lot of decisions
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 30, 2016, 07:53:19 PM »

Think Pellegrini should let it go now
City signed the highest profile manager in the world ,was always going to be a difficult transition

Really interesting summer for City, I have watched them live probably 20 times over the last 3 years and think they need a massive squad overhaul

Couldn't understand how many were saying they had clearly got the best biggest squad etc ...

So many of their players are past their best Toure,Kolorov,Zabba,Silva etc.... all who could have been in any PL best 11 in the past
Plus Kompany obv must have doubts if he can keep coming back from his injury hell
Bony must be leaving so poor this year
Leaves Pep with a lot of decisions

I don't think Kolarov would ever have troubled a PL best XI Wink

There will be a few heading towards the exit door, that's for sure. Pep is notorious for using as small a squad as possible. Can see Zabaleta, Kolarov, Bony, MDM, Toure all being moved on, with question marks over the heads of Fernando, Delph, Navas and a couple others.

Got some exciting kids at the academy, possibly too early for some of them, but Guardiola has a great reputation for bringing through young talent. And there is plenty of talent there, we absolutely smash the local area so much that united refuse to play us now (apparently). Ironically it looks like us and Chelsea have the best youth teams in the country.

Denayer will be back from Turkey as well, with Roberts due to spend another season north of the border with Celtic.

Exciting times Smiley

Best Bitter.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 30, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

Yeah maybe true about Kolorov

What was you're opinion on Sergio Aguero this season I felt he lost a bit of his spark, I know he scored plenty still but I thought his demeanour changed and he looked a bit isolated at times, even more so when KDB was out
Before he always played with a smile on his face,this season he showed more frustration I thought?
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 30, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »

Roberts not going to play In a better league on loan?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 30, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »

Roberts not going to play In a better league on loan?

He needs game time, he gets that at Celtic. Still very young so just playing first team football regardless of where it is (within reason) can only be beneficial.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: