blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:34:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 400006 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: September 20, 2018, 10:18:18 PM »

4 consecutive defeats in CL games. Who'd have thought?

Yet just 3 defeats in the last 60 PL matches. Funny game.

Very sloppy last night and a mixed bag start to the season really compared to the highs of last year. I guess we will find out where we are at in a couple of weeks with the visit to Anfield. A draw would be excellent there if only to dampen the Liverpool hysteria.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 20, 2018, 10:50:26 PM »

Very sloppy last night and a mixed bag start to the season really compared to the highs of last year. I guess we will find out where we are at in a couple of weeks with the visit to Anfield. A draw would be excellent there if only to dampen the Liverpool hysteria.

If we play at Anfield like we did last night we'll be fucking mullered!

It was about this time last year that we really kicked into gear after a decent but not outstanding start (home draw with Everton, late winner at Bournemouth). A convincing win at Cardiff on Saturday would be nice, if only to put that dinosaur Warnock in his place. No doubt Cardiff will employ similar tactics to the ones they used in the FA cup tie last season.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 20, 2018, 11:53:03 PM »

If we play at Anfield like we did last night we'll be fucking mullered!

It was about this time last year that we really kicked into gear after a decent but not outstanding start (home draw with Everton, late winner at Bournemouth). A convincing win at Cardiff on Saturday would be nice, if only to put that dinosaur Warnock in his place. No doubt Cardiff will employ similar tactics to the ones they used in the FA cup tie last season.

September was v good last year - 4 wins, 17 goals for and non conceded.
Almost certainly Colin W***red star will have his usual tricks in play. Starts for VK and Ota I imagine.

15 years since a win at Anfield in the league. Not good Smiley

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 22, 2018, 12:41:59 AM »

Great surprise today with the announcement Aguero has signed an extension to his contract to 2021 which would give him 10 full seasons at City and a statue.

He needs 27 more league goals to go past Henry and move into 5th place in the PL goal scoring chart.
Another 60 league goals would take him past Rooney into 2nd place. Form and fitness permitting that seems a good shout and he should hold on to the best strike rate as well.

Henry and Aguero are the top 2 for me  in the PL years.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 22, 2018, 12:45:05 AM »

And then Kane Zooms past him.
Kane has a real shot at the overall top spot IMO
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 22, 2018, 01:10:22 AM »

Yep - v well placed to get past Shearer. He is on about 110 PL goals chasing  Shearer on 260 and many years ahead of him assuming he stays in England.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 22, 2018, 01:58:07 AM »

Yep - v well placed to get past Shearer. He is on about 110 PL goals chasing  Shearer on 260 and many years ahead of him assuming he stays in England.

Thats the risk I guess. Doesn’t seem the type to move abroad, bit too homely but I dont exactly know the guy!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 22, 2018, 09:00:13 AM »

From the Times. Although it's a quote from a spokesman for an official supporters' group, this surely doesn't reflect a typical City fan's view? That they're too big-time these days to be worth watching against Lyon, Shakhtar and Hoffenheim?

not for posters on here but to this fella: remember where you were before the Arab money, embrace it now and enjoy it but for heavens sake turn up to your first CL game of the season. Who knows in 5 years time those nights might be a thing of the past in a cyclical football world, albeit distorted by new money.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:02:00 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: September 22, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »

"Let me defend City fans here, most of them have come from work and it was probably too much effort"

"So why Did Liverpool sell out then?"

"Well, they didn't have to go to work did they"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2034 on: September 22, 2018, 09:32:51 AM »

Yawn

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 22, 2018, 06:03:25 PM »

Never heard or read any City fan think they/we are too ''big time'' for a European tie.

There is just a general apathy from our core support towards the competition. For whatever reason, we've never really taken to it. On a personal level I can take or leave it. Love the away days on the chances I get to go to the continent, but I'm not desperate to get to all the home ties (midweek games are tricky for me anyway with work so I don't join the CL cup scheme)

No idea why other fans are obsessed with our attendances, I guess it's all they have to cling to these days. Every English club has empty seats for the less ''glamourous'' Euro games, it's nothing new. I don't think the allure of the CL is anything like how it's made out to be; it's often the same teams year in year out.

Great victory today, who says we can't win in Europe? Wink

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 23, 2018, 06:21:23 PM »

I do think it’s weird a club should be criticised for “just 40,111 turning up” and some media quarters calling it a disgrace.  Why is the football world so obsessed with this? Why are City been judged to a different standard than, say, Liverpool?

Historically, Liverpool fans have often  been fair-weather to the early stages of the European Cup/Champions League and this is despite their rich history and pride in their European success.

In the 5 years they’ve won it with the highest home attendance in the campaign in brackets:

2005 –  33,517 in a group game (42,519)
1984 -   14,985 R32 (39,096)
1981 -   21,013 R32 (44,543)
1978 -   39,835  R16 (51,500)
1977 -   22,242  R32 (55,043)

Even last season they had 3 games 4000-5000 fans short of their highest home attendance for the campaign.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 23, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »

Just an excuse to moan about something, which people love to do Grin

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: September 23, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »

Tighty started it on here  Wink   He didn't mean what he said - just seeding
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 23, 2018, 06:46:12 PM »

Tighty started it on here  Wink   He didn't mean what he said - just seeding

Mischievious, Archer Cheesy

Tighty is the GOAT of every forum I've ever been a member of.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: