blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Who killed Garrett Phillips? (With spoilers)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who killed Garrett Phillips? (With spoilers)  (Read 3752 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 08:26:30 AM »

Cheers for the tip Tom. Really enjoyed watching this.
Very conscious that this is made from a biased perspective, & knowing that means that it is difficult to accept any of it at face value.

Genuinely hope the he didn't do it, but I don't think there is a credible alternative presented.

Good to see you here Neil, there's always room for another Wise Elder to accompany nirvana.

PS - we can't assume Hillary was guilty on the basis we can't come up with an alternative. The most credible witness - for me - was Hillary's daughter. If she was lying, she has a great future as an actress.  

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:28:53 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »

i think he did it.

but i wouldn't convict him.

you can believe someone committed a crime without being sure beyond reasonable doubt
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »

Cheers for the tip Tom. Really enjoyed watching this.
Very conscious that this is made from a biased perspective, & knowing that means that it is difficult to accept any of it at face value.

Genuinely hope the he didn't do it, but I don't think there is a credible alternative presented.

Good to see you here Neil, there's always room for another Wise Elder to accompany nirvana.

PS - we can't assume Hillary was guilty on the basis we can't come up with an alternative. The most credible witness - for me - was Hillary's daughter. If she was lying, she has a great future as an actress.  

Yes I thought she was very credible as well. As was the assistant coach.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 12:01:04 PM »

I have to confess that I was a bit shocked to find that anyone would think Hillary was guilty.

It seemed so obvious that he was set up, from the original police interview when he was supposed to answer some questions about a list and ended up being stripped and photographed, (Why wasn't the cop boyfriend stripped btw?) to the prosecutor crying to the judge for a guilty verdict because he had no evidence, to the DA campaigning on the fact that she would convict him if elected

But it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I'm just much more naïve than I thought I was.

The older I get, the better I was.
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 12:12:39 PM »

I have to confess that I was a bit shocked to find that anyone would think Hillary was guilty.

It seemed so obvious that he was set up, from the original police interview when he was supposed to answer some questions about a list and ended up being stripped and photographed, (Why wasn't the cop boyfriend stripped btw?) to the prosecutor crying to the judge for a guilty verdict because he had no evidence, to the campaigning on the fact that she would convict him if elected

But it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I'm just much more naïve than I thought I was.

Bad policing which was racially led.

As Archer, Teddy and Neil said I think he is guilty but wouldn’t convict based on the shoddy job the Postdam police did.

There were to many inconsistencies in NH’s story.

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »

As Archer, Teddy and Neil said I think he is guilty but wouldn’t convict based on the shoddy job the Postdam police did.

I probably gave the wrong impression. I didn't think he was guilty, based on the programme - too little evidence & nothing in his character or history, that we saw, that would lead me think that he did it.
However, the production was from people that were leaning his way. I would be reasonably sure that if this had been made by people friendly to the other side, my view would be different.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 04:01:33 PM »

What I find most worrying is the police just trying to get a conviction and, without any real evidence, not worrying about if the accused is guilty or not.

I think this happens too much with police forces in most countries.

I do not think Hillary was guilty and the process they put him through can only be described as a life changing event for the worse.  I hope he is successful and gets fair reward with his law suit.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 07:05:43 PM »

It seemed so obvious that he was set up, from the original police interview when he was supposed to answer some questions about a list and ended up being stripped and photographed, (Why wasn't the cop boyfriend stripped btw?) to the prosecutor crying to the judge for a guilty verdict because he had no evidence, to the campaigning on the fact that she would convict him if elected

Bad policing which was racially led.

There were to many inconsistencies in NH’s story.

Just for the record  I don't think he is guilty 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: