blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How low do you go?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How low do you go?  (Read 4383 times)
peejaytwo

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

Live game last night, its 1/1 but playing big as the 1/1 and 1/2 tables have merged with usually a straddle and sometimes a double straddle.
The 'mark' at the table has approx £1200 having apparently called a chunky turn bet and getting there and is trying to redistribute his wealth by double barrelling and folding the river when the action was on him first. A reg on his left is waiting patiently, the next guy is isoing whenever possible and i'm next to act.

The call has come from reception that his taxi is here,he's raking the chips in from a pot where a nit has called the £4 straddle and he's made it £100. after the usual dwell up and banter the nit folds AQcc (wtf?) and he shows AA. He's then goaded about leaving and declares one more hand putting 20 singles over the line as a blind bet.
So three callers before him and the blind bet stands,reg and iso man fold.

Action on me,playing £320,five people to act behind,inc two nits, stacks vary from £100-£250.

I'm thinking i should be playing pairs,lots of suited aces,broadways but where does the list stop?
call or raise to hopefully get HU?

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:18:29 AM »

Without having the time or knowledge to give a full answer, I'd be concerned about the 3 callers.  I know some people really are stupid enough to call £4 when they know there is a £20 blind bet behind them and then dwell-fold when it is back to them, but assuming everyone has their faculties, if I am one of those 3 seats with a premium, I'm calling £4 there and only good things can happen by time it is next back to me.

peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:33:05 PM »

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, this is a new hand and the calls are for £1, no one gonna straddle when there's a £20 blind bet on the table anyway.
One of the callers was a nit, one a passive guy who hasn't raised in 90 minutes and one reg.

To carry on, it folds to me after the blind bet. I have 44 and min raise to £40. Basically I want to play HU instead of set mining. I considered a call but figured it may go multiway it which case I'm a big dog to win the hand.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »

Its pretty awkward here to attack super wide. I'd definitely consider it with a hand that can take on the £100 stacks and not much wider. Like A9s+ JTs+ QJo+ 44+

It really depends on how they will continue. If I was sat there, I'd be willing to attack a light 3bet but many of your opponents won't. I do think you should be making it a bit bigger. It will put the £100 stacks off shoving and you will make more post flop when he calls (blind bet man) and folds. If they have limped off £100 knowing the £20 bet is in I'd be folding the bottom of that range and going purely value. Its not really deep to call, but another thing to think about would be calling and letting one of the limpers jam to reopen the action.

How often you win the pot isn't an issue either in this context. Your ev matters (ev is a result of how often you win the pot, but jamming 100 bigs blind on blind would win the hand the most but be -ev.)

These spots are fun and quite different to online, its very hard to talk about them on forums. I think in general people will play a bit too tight in these spots where people add in extra dead money but if someone else chooses to battle you can both lose out. At Teesside with Luke and I, we might have 3bet each other pretty dam frequently here but it makes things a battle and perhaps relaxing a little bit more would have made us both ev.

These topics never prove to be too popular. They are hard to talk about.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »

Pretty laughable, no ?, trying to discuss how to outplay a 'mark' in one hand.

sola virtus nobilitat
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »

Hi Adam, i gathered that as its a poker forum and no one wanted to talk to me.
As for trying to outplay the mark,thats just lol,i'm trying to decide the best way to gamble with him,this is not fold and wait for a better spot.

to carry on again,the min raise works but the £20 blind man puts another £100 in,blind.

Fold and lose £40
Call and see a flop
All in?

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »

As for trying to outplay the mark,thats just lol,i'm trying to decide the best way to gamble with him,this is not fold and wait for a better spot.

to carry on again,the min raise works but the £20 blind man puts another £100 in,blind.

Fold and lose £40
Call and see a flop
All in?

All-in, don't think it's close
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 07:20:07 PM »

I think this was an excellent PHA post, far more interesting than generic spots from online games etc.

Reason you didn't get many responses is probably because it is really tough to give an answer to these sort of questions without being present in the game.

As played I'd be all-in vs his £100 blind raise. He wants to gamble, let's gamble. It's not like you have waited for till you have him by the goolies to gamble with him... you're giving him a good chance to break you without him having to get ridiculously lucky to do so. You'll have the best of it, but not too much the best of it, which is the right way to approach these sort of spots. Gamble with the gamblers etc.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »

44 vs a random hand is 57%
There's also a slim slim chance he looks down at something like T5o and folds, which is obviously great for us too.
Calling just isn't really an option for me, as we have no idea what are good/bad flops for us, just take the 57% and spinnnn
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:36:05 PM by WotRTheChances » Logged
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 07:58:34 PM »

Fold and lose £40
Call and see a flop
All in?

Yah, guess I tried making your actual point badly. Agree it's just, do I want to spin, if yes then all in seems deece

sola virtus nobilitat
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »

Go allin and say you'll show a card for £50 and he won't be disappointed...

If he covers you and throws you £50 in chips, try to add it to your stack too for added lols.

peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »

I think this was an excellent PHA post, far more interesting than generic spots from online games etc.

Reason you didn't get many responses is probably because it is really tough to give an answer to these sort of questions without being present in the game.

As played I'd be all-in vs his £100 blind raise. He wants to gamble, let's gamble. It's not like you have waited for till you have him by the goolies to gamble with him... you're giving him a good chance to break you without him having to get ridiculously lucky to do so. You'll have the best of it, but not too much the best of it, which is the right way to approach these sort of spots. Gamble with the gamblers etc.

44 vs a random hand is 57%
There's also a slim slim chance he looks down at something like T5o and folds, which is obviously great for us too.
Calling just isn't really an option for me, as we have no idea what are good/bad flops for us, just take the 57% and spinnnn

thanks for the responses,
so i make the mistake of calling,but see a flop of AA8,ok for my hand,i check and he checks behind. suppose he may fold for £200 more so perhaps mistake number two here.
think the turn is a J,again check/check.
river Q, he says something like "why are you checking your ace" and bets £100 after i check again,i make the crying call to be shown QQ,

WAL for £120 blind.

I thought this was interesting pre, and post flop. As it happens the gut to my left said he was gonna call but mucked his A5 when i raised,he didn"t say whether he called the additional £100.
thx for reading
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 08:55:42 PM »

Go allin and say you'll show a card for £50 and he won't be disappointed...

If he covers you and throws you £50 in chips, try to add it to your stack too for added lols.

Funny you should say that Adam.
In the prev hand where the nit folded AQcc, when he was dwelling he's muttering the usual "can't believe i"m folding this I'm def in front"
The blind bet guy pushes £100 in fivers towards him and says "if you're in front you can keep that"

Fun,interesting but ultimatley an unprofitable evening.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 10:39:42 PM »

Sounds like Latiffs version of blind.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 11:40:13 PM »

Sounds like Latiffs version of blind.

I had the same thought.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: