blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:23:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Land of Ice
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Land of Ice  (Read 2007 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 08:43:22 PM »

I think that's a question of emphasis Tal, but there's noway I'm bringing a Geordie to an English language fight with you :p

The OED uses come in the relevant definition of bring:

1.1 Cause (someone or something) to come to a place

We could argue about exceptions for our own giddy entertainment all day. And I don't just mean that figuratively. I'm very careful about my modal verb selection Smiley

In the case in hand, take is preferred

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 10:13:56 PM »

Hi Alex,

The wife and I went in April, We stayed at Hotel Fron in Reykjavik, it was a fairly budget hotel but had everything that we needed, mainly just slept and spent all day on different trips/tours.

As above I would definitely recommend the Golden Circle Tour, it was a full day spent visiting different sites, to include the shooting Geisers.

The Blue Lagoon was our best day, we spent all day there and had a very nice meal in the Lagoon Restaurant.

The island is very remote and miles and miles of rocks and nothing... unless you have something in mind that you would like to drive to see, the tour operators are very local and offer quite a good level or service.

All the bars have happy hours, you can download an app that tells you which bar has its happy hour and when... Food and drink was quite expensive, but with you living in London now, i dont think it will be that much different.

We also went on a Northern Lights tour, we were lucky enough to see them...

The hot water smells like rotten eggs... all the hot water is heated from within the earths crust and has a potent smell to it...

Enjoy!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 10:28:44 PM »

Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.

Chelseaboy, you still sitting em down at the tables?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: