blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Amatay's Running Challenge for Charity
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amatay's Running Challenge for Charity  (Read 988 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:13:14 PM »

Hi everyone, Amatay here Smiley I hope it's ok to post this? I have not posted on here for a while but I still regularly read the forum and continue to play Poker for a living, mainly on Party Poker, Ipoker and FTP.

I've recently been searching for a hardcore endurance challenge to train for and complete. One that provides both a significant personal achievement whilst also raising money for others.

I must be mad but I've decided to run a 106km Ultra marathon on the Isle of Wight in April next year. To give it some context, that's two and a half marathons in one day. I've never even run a marathon before so this presents a huge challenge.

I gave quite a bit of thought towards the charity I'd like to run for and eventually decided on Children With Cancer.

So many of us are affected by Cancer in one form or another and it must be awful for the children and their families. I read recently that everyday 10 families receive the news that their children have cancer Sad

So, I'd really appreciate it if you could donate a small amount of money and sponsor me  to complete this challenge. The training for this event and the actual event itself is going to be a massive mental and physical test for me. It's going to be fucking hard!

You can either send by clicking on the link below or maybe some of you could send to simonjjj on Stars and I will make sure it gets to the charity. Cheers! Smiley

https://www.justgiving.com/Simon-Jones89

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 11:31:26 PM »

Oooff, sounds especially tough mate. I'll give you £20, if you actually see it though and complete the challenge I'll top up to £100 considering how hard it's going to be. Hope life is treating you well otherwise mate  thumbs up

p.s. What's up with this donkeybob shit? lol
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:46:07 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:49:15 AM »

Cheers Woodsey! I'm good thanks mate. Life's great actually. I changed the name because i just wanted to dissociate myself from the name amatay as I had a short spell back teaching at a University last year. Used to be a lot of shit on the net what with my old blog etc Smiley Hope you're well mate.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 01:10:15 AM »

Ahhhh ok mate fair enough, kinda guessed that might me the case. Don't think I've seen a sicker challenge by a 'normal' person hence the bonus I've put out there, if you do complete it the charity will fully deserve it for your efforts   thumbs up
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:12:54 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: