blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Would you trust a jury with your life?
Poll
Question: Well...
Yes - 9 (31%)
No - 20 (69%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you trust a jury with your life?  (Read 6277 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 04:27:05 PM »

You're no fun. Too much agreeing.

You love a ruck.

No I don't.

The older I get, the better I was.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »

Easiest million you'll ever make.

If you didn't do it you just have to use the Shaggy defence "It wasn't me" and you'd be fine.

It's the prosecutions job to prove you've done it and if you didn't then they really haven't got a chance.

I understand that some innocent people get convicted but they aren't exactly picked out at random. There's obviously a very good reason for putting them in the dock and that's why the jury gets it wrong.

Actual odds against this going wrong are way over 100/1 so I'd definitely give it a go.

I think the assumption here is there would at least be some circumstantial or fabricated evidence against you. Not that they just picked a random bloke for no reason and tried to convict him of murder. I think it's saying put yourself in the shoes of someone innocently convicted of murder (it happens) and how safe do you feel with a jury. Not are all juries dribbling simpletons who will convict anyone they are told to.

Although maybe I've misunderstood.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2016, 04:46:19 PM »

Therre is no UK death penalty so I am assuming that doesn't apply.  But even if it was a death penalty every smoker should be signing up for this.  They have a way higher chance of killing themselves for very little gain in their lives. Heavy drinkers, people with risky jobs the same.  I know the train is much safer, but frequently drive for that little bit of enjoyment I get from it.

A million is enough to make a big difference.  No more working away, so I see the kids etc.  I could just change schools if we had issues.  Could holiday when and where I liked. The upside is not close to balancing out the downside of it was 50/50, but it clearly isn't.  

Difference being though drinkers/smokers get to live their lifes until they die earlier.  Under this situation you are going to die instantly (ie in the next year) and not get to live your life.  The two things are not really comparable.

No they don't.  One of the friends of fhe family is very unlikely to see 2017.  Some cancers are very very aggressive. Heart attacks can be fatal very quickly, as can strokes/embolisms.  Get behind the wheel after a few beers...

One million quid for no more red meat?  Red meat is way more than 1/100.  What about bacon sandwiches?  Worth more than a million?   I haven't been diving for a while, but would love to start it up again etc.

As I say, people take risks with their lives for very little upside. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: