blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:38:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Pie for tea
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pie for tea  (Read 3157 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 01:29:31 AM »

something like this happened to me recently when i order the roast pork on a sunday bt got the beef instead, we go to same place every sunday so just let them know there mistake and eat the beef anyway

i would do the same with any dish along as i like what they put in-front of me

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 01:34:35 AM »

Yh I had something sorta similar recently, ordered a pizza with an optional extra, and when it came out I had the pizza but not the extra. Just waited for a bit to make sure the waitress knew so it wouldn't be on the bill, and ate what I had. Actually think she handled it pretty badly, obviously noticed the mistake a minute or two after giving us the food and I pretty obviously was going to say something, and instead of coming over to the table she had an obvious fall out with one of the chefs before coming over a few minutes later and apologising.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 10:01:20 AM »

Would have to actively dislike something to ask for it to be replaced and would probably have to be eating alone. Would tell them to be helpful in terms of their process.

Having worked in a service station 'kitchen' during my summer hols many moons ago I remain nervous about ever returning food

sola virtus nobilitat
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »

Would have to actively dislike something to ask for it to be replaced and would probably have to be eating alone. Would tell them to be helpful in terms of their process.

Having worked in a service station 'kitchen' during my summer hols many moons ago I remain nervous about ever returning food

This sounds like a story in its self?Huh?

Ah! The element of surprise
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 11:09:03 AM »

It would depend on what the first mouthful tasted like.

If it tasted absolutely delicious I would just carry on as per I had ordered it.

This.

I'd taste the pie and if i felt i was getting value for what i was paying I would eat it.

If i didn't think i was getting value i'd ask for a replacement of the pie i ordered without making a scene.

I think this must be the nut strategy.  I have never really done this, but guess if it was really horrible I'd send it back.  Maybe in future I'll set the bar higher on the "wrong" dish than I would for the original order.

My wife isn't going to make a scene, but she sends straight back if it is wrong. 

I have nirvana's aversion to making life difficult for the serving staff.  I'd probably tip less, but it would have to be a combination of things, or something really bad to get a zero tip.

Probably a new topic, but I normally round up from 10%, so if it is 55, I will go £6.  Might round down to a fiver for wrong pie etc.  Sometines go to a tenner for exceptional service/meal.  I do like to round up in places like little chef, because it seems such a bad place to work and so many grumpy customers who don't tip.  They seem to appreciate it more there.  Never tipped in mcdonalds though.  Maybe I might start.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 11:36:21 AM »

A friend of mine called Andy is the type of guy who has no shame and gets everything for free. He regularly flies first class when he's only paid for economy because he just goes and sits in first class. I remember there were 6 of us at a fancy restaurant in Hong Kong, we all ordered and they started bringing out the food. They served Andy the salmon which was a mistake because he ordered the steak. He just stood up in this packed restaurant and started shouting, everybody looked terrified. He said he had an allergy to salmon and one mouthful could kill him...said he was embarrassed about the service. So they go ahead and comp the whole meal including drinks for all 6 of us, the whole frigging meal! Mind you that was back in the 90's before complaining became a commonplace art form, you'd probably get asked to leave the premises these days. Incidentally I can confirm Andy likes Salmon. But I do know shellfish gives him heartburn. 

Back to the present day pie issue, for me not saying something is senseless and counter-productive for both the customer and the restaurant. The restaurant doesn't want to make mistakes and the customer wanted chicken pie...so wtf with not saying anything? As for leaving a tip...that better be one sexy waitress to be getting any kind of tip after bringing me the wrong pie!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 04:57:03 PM »

I'm sure he's a good bloke but I can't stand people like Andy.   Mistakes happen - as long as the restaurant sorts it out I don't see the problem, especially if they have been good in the past.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »

I'm sure he's a good bloke but I can't stand people like Andy.   

Doubt he's a good bloke, sounds like a complete arse. 
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 06:11:52 PM »

Hell yeah Andy is a confirmed complete arse. Just gets everything for free is all.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »

No doubt he gets plenty of extras for free in restaurants.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: