blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Appen it's best.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appen it's best.  (Read 2740 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »

Whatsap is just a messenger app, let's you make calls and send messages and photo using the Internet rather than your phone package ideal if your in areas with lots of wifi and you have a pay as you go phone or a cheap contract, when it asks for payment just uninstall and the reinstall and you should have it free for another year

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »

Whatsap is just a messenger app, let's you make calls and send messages and photo using the Internet rather than your phone package ideal if your in areas with lots of wifi and you have a pay as you go phone or a cheap contract, when it asks for payment just uninstall and the reinstall and you should have it free for another year

It also makes it very easy to share photographs and video, and it's very useful for free calls between countries if you have data or wifi.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 11:40:39 PM »

What is "whatsapp", & can you explain that "fitness pal" please? What does it tell you, how does it help? Does it tell us our calorie intake &/or how much energy we burn?

I'm not asking for myself.

If you had it it would just nag you to stop eating iced buns and smoking.

I was not asking for myself. Wink

Seriously, what IS whatsapp? How does the Fitness Pal work, what does it tell us?

My fitness pal is a calorie counter with knobs on. You tell it what you weigh now, what you want to weigh, how fast you want to lose the weight and a few other details and it tells you how many calories you need to eat per day to achieve your goal.

Then, when you eat you tell it what you've had, It knows all the branded stuff, it scans bar codes, and it knows what's in unbranded stuff if you tell it the weight. Every time you enter a new food it stores it in it's library so that the next time you have it you just have to tap 'cod loins' and you're good to go.

It gives you progress reports and reminds you to update it if you forget.

If you do any exercise it adds the calories you've 'earned' to that day's allowance.

It's actually fun. It's interesting and very motivating.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 11:43:25 PM »

Now that I've taken the plunge, what other 'can't do without it' apps should I be looking at?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 11:54:31 PM »

What is "whatsapp", & can you explain that "fitness pal" please? What does it tell you, how does it help? Does it tell us our calorie intake &/or how much energy we burn?

I'm not asking for myself.

If you had it it would just nag you to stop eating iced buns and smoking.

I was not asking for myself. Wink

Seriously, what IS whatsapp? How does the Fitness Pal work, what does it tell us?

My fitness pal is a calorie counter with knobs on. You tell it what you weigh now, what you want to weigh, how fast you want to lose the weight and a few other details and it tells you how many calories you need to eat per day to achieve your goal.

Then, when you eat you tell it what you've had, It knows all the branded stuff, it scans bar codes, and it knows what's in unbranded stuff if you tell it the weight. Every time you enter a new food it stores it in it's library so that the next time you have it you just have to tap 'cod loins' and you're good to go.

It gives you progress reports and reminds you to update it if you forget.

If you do any exercise it adds the calories you've 'earned' to that day's allowance.

It's actually fun. It's interesting and very motivating.

Thanks Tom, I'll pass that on,

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 08:57:09 AM »

I entered my initial stats and goals and off I went

Today I was playing around with the settings, just to see what would happen if for instance I was sedentary instead the of 'lightly actjve'.

When I had finished, I put my stats back to their original settings and noticed that it was allowing me 20 calories less.

The only difference is that my current weight is a few pounds lighter, but since I input my weight regularly, so it knows that already.

So to get to my question. If we take this scenario to extremes, say I weighed 20 so. Even initially, and I wanted to lose 10 some at a rate of 2lb pw, and it allowed me 2000 calories a day. When I had lost 5 stone I wouldn't need 2000 CA ls would I?

So would it eventually re calculate to take my weight loss into consideration?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »

I'm thinking of downloading two apps. Whatsapp and my fitness pal.

I've been resisting for a while but they both look really useful.

Are there any pros or cons I should take into consideration?

Well it's a few weeks since I downloaded these two apps and I have to admit they have been terrific. I've lost 9lb with the help of MyFitnessPal and I couldn't live without Whatsapp.

It make me wonder what else I'm missing.

BTW- Wouldn't it be great if we had a way of putting pictures on blonde as easily as you can with Whatsapp or Facebook?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: