blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Stoke City thread, a sad, sad, sad tale.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Stoke City thread, a sad, sad, sad tale.  (Read 8972 times)
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 06:59:44 AM »

Butland is out for a few more months according to reports. Really hoping he's not one of these players who has so much potential which can't be fulfilled due to ongoing problems.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 12:05:18 PM »

Derby will be loving life now. Can demand what they want for their on loan keeper now. Stoke just have to pay it.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 02:27:56 PM »

You'd have thought the team may have to keep it quiet until Grant was signed up. Can't see how we'll get away with much less than the £4m they were demanding before. Just got to sigh and flick them the money IMO.

I also saw rumours that Begovic may be returning on loan? Can't see it happening to be honest.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2016, 11:02:58 PM »

http://sockshare.net/watch/rdmjMpvX-eddie-strongman.html

World's strongest man season kicking in and this is a great documentary of Stoke's finest for any strongman fans.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 12:35:07 AM »

World's strongest man season kicking in and this is a great documentary of Stoke's finest for any strongman fans.

Just watched this and i think i hate Eddie Hall more than I did at the start of it. 

Seriously misguided if he thinks that him winning WSM will have people talking about him in pubs and clubs up and down the country. 

He's a seriously strong guy, but there can't be many in that game not mad on the roids.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »

Never followed anything strongman related apart from occasionally seeing Eddie Hall's name pop up on social media, but really enjoyed the documentary.

Huge credit to the bloke, never seen anybody more determined to achieve their dreams than him. But Jesus, he's a rough Stokie bastard

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »

Never followed anything strongman related apart from occasionally seeing Eddie Hall's name pop up on social media, but really enjoyed the documentary.

Huge credit to the bloke, never seen anybody more determined to achieve their dreams than him. But Jesus, he's a rough Stokie bastard

Never saw him in Trent Vale Tesco's for all the  years i used to shop in there!
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2016, 03:40:46 PM »

Never saw him in Trent Vale Tesco's for all the  years i used to shop in there!

I did half expect to see a trolley piled high with boxes of Stella being pushed along the aisle behind the big man.

Do you reckon he'll win worlds strongest man at some point?

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »

Never saw him in Trent Vale Tesco's for all the  years i used to shop in there!

I did half expect to see a trolley piled high with boxes of Stella being pushed along the aisle behind the big man.

Do you reckon he'll win worlds strongest man at some point?

No he is just too small height wise and is too one dimensional in having great static strength but not a great mover.  He will be a permanent top 5 finisher for the next few years though but i don't think he will ever win it outright.  I would love to see bet365 get behind him as a local lad and give him all the financial support he needs to give it his best shot though as a born and bred stokie.  Would be another great success story for the city.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:45:41 PM by arbboy » Logged
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2016, 07:08:37 PM »

I predic he'll be dead in the next 10 years. 

As a strength athlete I would like to see him get a good sposorship deal that would allow him to train full time without the need to work. I know how tough it can be going from work to the gym 5 days a week and trying to work to your max. 

He has brute static strength but I don't think he is fit, he is too big, has very little flexibility and his cardio is a mess. 

I'd take a punt on Adam Bishop becoming world champ before Eddie.  He has the potential in my book to be very good assuming he continues to develop.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2016, 08:09:30 PM »

I predic he'll be dead in the next 10 years. 

As a strength athlete I would like to see him get a good sposorship deal that would allow him to train full time without the need to work. I know how tough it can be going from work to the gym 5 days a week and trying to work to your max. 

He has brute static strength but I don't think he is fit, he is too big, has very little flexibility and his cardio is a mess. 

I'd take a punt on Adam Bishop becoming world champ before Eddie.  He has the potential in my book to be very good assuming he continues to develop.

He gave up work 2 years ago to be full time.  I just get the impression he is still skint though and doesn't have the optimal resources to fund his training/roids etc.  bet365 flicking him £100k a year for a few years in his absolute prime would literally be peanuts for them but give him every chance to max his talent.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2017, 11:22:41 PM »

Thanks for posting that video, very interesting!

I watched the Strongest Man over Christmas and Eddie Hall came a very commendable third, despite dislocated fingers hampering his efforts.

Seems like he could really contend for the title next year. This year's winner (Brian Shaw) will be coming to the end of his career soon meaning these comps should become a two-horse race between Hall and Bjornsson. Bjornsson has the experience but Hall is improving quickly!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 01:50:19 AM »

hmmm just can't see Shaw retiring anytime soon. Big Z will be back this year too. Hall the best at static lifts but carries too much weight for the cardio stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: