blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate my shares
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate my shares  (Read 56634 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2016, 02:38:17 PM »

Down about a bag since the New Year.....

I also bought this to add to my list of losers

http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/fundamentals/RSW

Can't see why this isn't brilliant.  Hi tech, worldwide, not much debt record of increasing profits.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2016, 02:46:09 PM »

Down just a bit under 5% since Monday, won't say the £'s Sad

Biggest losers so far: next, Shell and Legal & General.

Not done any trading this year though, holding tight for now rather than any panic selling.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:59 PM »

couldn't resist woodies patient capital at 89.21p. bye bye savings. you guys should probably short it now Smiley

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:55 PM »

We're all getting panned. I've decided to look the other way

sola virtus nobilitat
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »

I capitulated towards the end of last week.  Think I'll just drip feed into funds over the next few months.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2016, 12:10:14 PM »

Stocks Enter Global Bear Market http://bloom.bg/1V720S0

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2016, 12:56:11 PM »

... just as the FTSE rises 2%.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2016, 10:00:28 PM »

City of London's diverse portfolio, strong cash flow and revenue reserves give the Board confidence that they will be able to increase its dividend for a fiftieth consecutive year.

Bought £5K for the SIPP @ 348p
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2016, 11:37:36 PM »

... just as the FTSE rises 2%.

Dead cat bounce?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2016, 12:30:10 PM »

Turbulent times the last month or so and got a bit of time today so wanted to give some thought to things

Click to see full-size image.

Overall things don't look too bad considering the recent bearish nature of things.

RR - the market seems to have reacted favourably to recent results and the new guy
BOO- apparently had a reasonable trading Xmas - I've seen buy notes with a target price of 50p - obv these are often nonsense, but it helps me feel they were a good choice
VOD & LRD - treading water but still feel there's some potential with these - especially LRD - time will tell
BARC - oh my, unloved at 220p - still unloved at 166p - so tempting to top up but on the other hand wish I still ran some kind of stop loss and had just slung them out at a -10% drubbing or so - now feel I don't want to dispose of them as the fall is so extreme - could prove, even at this level to be more hope than expectation

As I thought, mainly FTSE shares don't provide many thrills but BARC and RR show that there's still money to be made out of shortish term volatility - if you've got any clue. I don't so ima just carry on holding them all and look again in a month or two

sola virtus nobilitat
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2016, 01:08:49 PM »

I invested a smallish sum in Tesco in October, and then hit the panic button in January when it when it looked like Armagedon was about to hit and they just tumbled and tumbled and over the last week there has been a revival.   Not anywhere near there peak but far more than I bought and sold for.   Maybe next time I'll take some sound advice before thinking I'm setting up my own boiler room.   
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2016, 01:18:53 PM »

Some performance in these matkets, Nirvana.  Got more Barclays type shares than Tesco over the last few years.   Hate the idea of stop losses.  Just got to sit it out.   It will happen time and again over the years.   You just have to be mentally string and learn to just accept it.  Whilst you will get shares that just keep falling, most are going to bounce when the fear disappears. 

Stop losses just seem too much like deliberate buy high sell low strategies to me.  It doesn't even seem logical. Say you bought at 100p and canny Tikay bought at 95p.  Why should you be selling at 90p when he shouldn't.  You are both holding the same investment at the same price. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2016, 01:30:29 PM »

I invested a smallish sum in Tesco in October, and then hit the panic button in January when it when it looked like Armagedon was about to hit and they just tumbled and tumbled and over the last week there has been a revival.   Not anywhere near there peak but far more than I bought and sold for.   Maybe next time I'll take some sound advice before thinking I'm setting up my own boiler room.  

Love the line about setting up your own boiler room

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2016, 01:33:45 PM »

Some performance in these matkets, Nirvana.  Got more Barclays type shares than Tesco over the last few years.   Hate the idea of stop losses.  Just got to sit it out.   It will happen time and again over the years.   You just have to be mentally string and learn to just accept it.  Whilst you will get shares that just keep falling, most are going to bounce when the fear disappears. 

Stop losses just seem too much like deliberate buy high sell low strategies to me.  It doesn't even seem logical. Say you bought at 100p and canny Tikay bought at 95p.  Why should you be selling at 90p when he shouldn't.  You are both holding the same investment at the same price. 

Yep, take your ticket on stop losses for this kind of investing - more applicable to days when I was trading over very short cycles as there is an opportunity cost of holding (utility etc) akin to the talk around long term positions on the gambling threads

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2016, 12:29:42 PM »

Re: LRD

A positive piece in today's MoS by Joanne Hart. "Buy now and be patient" - sounds very much like your strategy Nirvana.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: