blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 670058 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: May 06, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »

Epic stuff

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 06, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »

Epic stuff

Just watched this Cheesy

Incred!

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 09, 2018, 11:01:30 AM »

He just keeps on giving!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 09, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »

It's like they're not even real.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 09, 2018, 09:47:57 PM »

'In his behaviour towards Iran and the nuclear deal Donald Trump has shown himself to be an American version of Colonel Gaddafi'

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-iran-nuclear-deal-withdrawal-colonel-gaddafi-us-libya-a8342871.html

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 11, 2018, 03:49:38 AM »

With so much going on, the new confirmation hearings, which would normally be more high-profile, have slipped in the public consciousness.

Ronny Jackson ended up withdrawing from the Veterans job after allegations that he dished out sleeping pills willy-nilly and got drunk several times on foreign trips. Strange, as allegations that he was inexperienced in management and completely unsuitable for the role didn’t seem to have affected his chances. Apparently, he will not be going back to being White House doctor, so we may never hear of him again, unless he becomes a TV contributor.

Mike Pompeo was eventually confirmed as Sec of State, though his nomination looked borderline at times. He got through thanks to switches from a few Democrat Senators who are up for re-election this year in States Trump won. There's no doubt this guy is a bright spark - first place in his class at Westpoint, Harvard law degree, entrepreneur, Congressman, CIA Director. He has just been to North Korea for the second time in a month, preparing the ground for the big meeting. He is the definitive conservative - heavily involved hands-on in the Evangelical Presbyterian church, anti-abortion, anti same-sex marriage, NRA member, climate change sceptic, and has said Edward Snowden should be brought back for the death penalty. He is seen as a hard-liner on Iran and, until now, North Korea. He is already more high-profile than Tillerson ever was and is much more in sync with Trump's thinking. Whether you agree with their politics or not, the President should have a close team which shares his vision and the new Pompeo/Bolton axis is the kind of team Trump should have appointed in the first place.

Gina Hespel is in trouble. A 33-year CIA career should make her a shoo-in as Director, but the historical torture allegations keep coming back. Also, I reckon people find it difficult to take Darlene seriously as a candidate. WaPo reports that she tried to withdraw last Friday, but the WH persuaded her to stick with it. She has been criticised for avoiding questions at her confirmation hearing yesterday:

John McCain later issued a statement from his sickbed calling on Senators to reject her. "Ms Haspel's role in overseeing the use of torture by Americans is disturbing. Her refusal to acknowledge torture's immorality is disqualifying. I believe the Senate should exercise its duty of advice and consent and reject this nomination."

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 11, 2018, 04:03:11 AM »

I saw a short clip of her giving the 'I've already answered' reply, and being told  that she actually hadn't.

Sad.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 14, 2018, 01:15:32 AM »

The US unemployment rate for April was 3.9%. The last time it was that low, Bill Clinton was President. To find the previous time it was this low, you have to go back to the 1960s.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 14, 2018, 12:29:46 PM »

Sarah Sanders clears up everyone’s questions:

These extracts are all from last week’s daily pressers, which Sarah stonewalled her way through time after time. The main item she did confirm was that she had previously given incorrect information. The play that it was the best information she had at the time is worrying, if she is representing the President. Unlike previous Administrations, she appears to be out of the loop and genuinely doesn’t know the answers in many cases as she hasn’t been brought into the meetings. It is also clear that she isn’t going to address Stormy/Cohen questions. Directing reporters to the President’s outside counsel is clearly a deliberately-chosen tactic - and probably correct procedure. But if she isn’t going to answer anyone’s questions, what is the point of her?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 15, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »

Blimey

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 15, 2018, 04:08:59 PM »

These extracts are all from last week’s daily pressers, which Sarah stonewalled her way through time after time. The main item she did confirm was that she had previously given incorrect information. The play that it was the best information she had at the time is worrying, if she is representing the President. Unlike previous Administrations, she appears to be out of the loop and genuinely doesn’t know the answers in many cases as she hasn’t been brought into the meetings. It is also clear that she isn’t going to address Stormy/Cohen questions. Directing reporters to the President’s outside counsel is clearly a deliberately-chosen tactic - and probably correct procedure. But if she isn’t going to answer anyone’s questions, what is the point of her?

She's definitely thick skinned, and to be fair to her, handles things pretty well, considering she's obviously in the dark about most things.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 18, 2018, 03:05:18 PM »

From the White House official YouTube channel:

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 21, 2018, 01:17:22 AM »

Just incred!

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 22, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »

Gina Haspel overcame objections to her history of torture to win the approval of the Senate and was sworn in today as CIA Director.

Click to see full-size image.

She prepared for her Senate hearing by asking some of her colleagues to carry out a practice Q&A session with her, telling them to ignore that it was her and just treat it as a routine questioning.

Click to see full-size image.

Gina reflecting on what she learned from her CIA practice question session
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 22, 2018, 10:54:42 PM »

This thread is definitely BoB!

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: