blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664624 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: August 09, 2020, 04:34:06 PM »

It's Chachi!

Not so happy days.

Scott Baio
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: August 10, 2020, 01:31:10 PM »

I have been an active conservative for many years, and have appeared in many other TV shows and movies. It’s hardly fair to just tag me with something I left behind nearly 40 years ago.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: August 10, 2020, 01:40:56 PM »

I have been an active conservative for many years, and have appeared in many other TV shows and movies. It’s hardly fair to just tag me with something I left behind nearly 40 years ago.

Sorry Scott. Would have tagged you with your other hits, but ... you know. We’ll be sure to reference your big follow-up hit series when it comes out.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: August 11, 2020, 04:18:07 AM »

The decision has been made and Biden has spoken with all the candidates.

There will be an announcement within the next two days, possibly even on Tuesday.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: August 11, 2020, 01:33:45 PM »

Welcome to Blonde Grin

Eyes Peeled for the announcement.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: August 11, 2020, 10:19:48 PM »

Why Joe's 7.8% Lead is Completely Different to Hillary's 7.4% Lead at This Stage in 2016

Joe Biden's polls have been slipping recently. Whereas his lead has been well in excess of Hillary's in 2016 through the Summer, it is now scarcely any different to hers at this point four years ago (7.8% v 7.4%), causing some people to talk about history repeating itself.

Ignore them.

This was Hillary's peak, and it came just after the Democrat Convention. Joe hasn't had his Convention yet, so this is his real underlying support. His digital Convention, or whatever it's going to be, may not give him as big a boost in the polls as usually happens, but those tend to ebb later anyway. So Joe's real lead in the nation is still solid.

Ask any Republican, though, and they will tell you that national polls don't matter, as most States are safely in one or other's box, so piling up support in them counts for little. They will tell you that it's all about the battleground States, and they're right. So what's happening there? Biden is well ahead in almost all of them, apart from Iowa and Georgia. Georgia shouldn't be in play, but then neither should Texas or Arizona, and Biden is actually winning in Arizona. I'd still expect Trump to take Iowa, Georgia and Texas. Utah isn't listed, but is another GOP State that may be in play that shouldn't be. Other than Virginia, which is a pretty safe Dem hold these days, the rest are your usual Swing States, and they're all with Biden. This is what matters, rather than the national position.

Click to see full-size image.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: August 11, 2020, 11:47:59 PM »

Well that didn't take long:

I think the Trump campaign is barking up the wrong tree in trying to paint Biden and Harris as radical Leftists. Most people just won't believe it.

The 'phony' tag is a better direction for them. There is stuff to work with there, particularly her confusing messages on private healthcare, reconciling her recent police reform activism with her record as a prosecutor and her non-prosecution of some banks in California.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 12:09:25 AM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: August 12, 2020, 08:47:16 AM »

Trump was on Hannity last night talking about Harris and was fairly restrained for him. Most of what he said was exaggerated but not insane, and Hannity guided the discussion along quite traditional attack lines, so Donald didn’t say anything completely mental. What he says about the US now being the world’s biggest oil producer and energy-independent for the first time is true, but that was the result of a long-term plan that was always going to result in achieving that from late 2016. “She’s against fracking” is an interesting attack line that probably wouldn’t work too well here.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: August 14, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: August 15, 2020, 12:52:52 AM »

Mike Pence shows his tough side:

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: August 15, 2020, 01:03:53 AM »

When he says 'you' to the next one, they should have 'what he said' Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: August 15, 2020, 01:05:19 AM »

Mike Pence shows his tough side:

Has he ruined himself for the future, or maybe even endeared him to many as they now know he can be put on a lead and directed?

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: August 15, 2020, 10:42:22 PM »

Has he ruined himself for the future, or maybe even endeared him to many as they now know he can be put on a lead and directed?

I think he’s cooked, but you can’t tell these days, with everything being so mental. He’s shown himself to be lacking in character by rationalising his support for Trump, despite his devout religious beliefs. After he snagged running-mate, he became the go-to clean-up guy during the last quarter of the 2016 campaign, as Trump caused all kinds of messes, and Mike proved he was essentially willing to lie as he smoothed things over.

He may have damaged his credibility too much to be taken seriously as a contender in the future, but politicians come back from near-dead all the time. The debate with Harris is probably won’t affect this election, but Mike’s performance will be remembered if he runs for President in 2024. I’d expect him to do okay, taking a narrow defeat that can be portrayed as a victory, especially compared with the pasting she’s expected to deliver. He just has to lie with a straight face, as he did last time against Tim Kaine.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: August 15, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »

The one time Pence couldn’t support Trump was when the Access Hollywood tape came out, as it genuinely shocked him and his wife. We now know that he didn’t take Trump’s calls for a day or two and agreed to a coup, with himself and Condaleeza Rice taking over the ticket. I’ve no idea how Mike reconciled himself to having a lesbian Vice President, but he seems to be able to cut back on his principles when required.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: August 15, 2020, 11:18:11 PM »

The foreword to Michael Cohen’s book is great. Let’s hope the rest of it lives up. I think it will.

Republicans tried to corner him on it last year but, after all the lies, he turned into Mr Honest.

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: