blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668411 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 24, 2016, 02:46:14 AM »

The last few posts have been a bit heavy.

Let's see some Trump supporters' hats:

Click to see full-size image.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 24, 2016, 03:14:58 AM »

Gonna be fun in Vegas this year, having drunken conversations about that lunatic Cheesy

Hi Minty.

Just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

Thank you.

100%

Been a superb thread, and MintTrav has definitely provided a very fascinating insight into the workings of the US political system.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 24, 2016, 08:54:23 AM »

Yep. All true. Been a great read

sola virtus nobilitat
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 25, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »

Mint thanks for updates.  Is there any in depth coverage in UK over the next week or so?  I'm off work so interested in watching.

Great choice of week to view. After TheDonald clean sweeps tomorrow and crushes cruz and rubio your going to see lots and lots of faces with the dawning realisations that Donald J Trump is going to be the President of the United States of America 2016. There's going to be a lot of weeping and mewling from the left and the right over it, which will be delicious to observe.

The Clinton corner will roll out all the smearing they can think of over the next few months, the last card they can play before realising that a contest between Trump and Hilary is actually no contest at all.

#TRUMP2016

Not sure if actually serious?  

How serious do you believe me to be now?

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 25, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »

Mint thanks for updates.  Is there any in depth coverage in UK over the next week or so?  I'm off work so interested in watching.

Great choice of week to view. After TheDonald clean sweeps tomorrow and crushes cruz and rubio your going to see lots and lots of faces with the dawning realisations that Donald J Trump is going to be the President of the United States of America 2016. There's going to be a lot of weeping and mewling from the left and the right over it, which will be delicious to observe.

The Clinton corner will roll out all the smearing they can think of over the next few months, the last card they can play before realising that a contest between Trump and Hilary is actually no contest at all.

#TRUMP2016

What is it about the Donald that you are so taken by?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 25, 2016, 05:10:47 PM »

#TRUMP2016

What is it about the Donald that you are so taken by?

Hopefully it's not that he's taken by him but thinks the American public will vote for him.

Fwiw, I think Trump's success is almost entirely down to the media. Before coming on to this thread, the only two potential candidates I could name were Trump and Clinton, mainly because of the abuse they were getting. If the papers had taken their shot at him and then just not printed anything about him, or at least printed it somewhere a long way away from headline news, he'd never have gained the momentum that he has. Same thing with the labour party and Corbyn, they got so wrapped up in telling us how he was Hitler that they forgot to mention the other candidates.

The problem is Trump is no longer a joke. He's a genuine, serious threat to everyone in the world because he's managing to convince people to vote for him. Stupid, short sighted, idiotic people who apparently are fans of Hitler, put people nonetheless, and a lot of them. Amazes me too that politicians within America are so wrapped up in their own careers that they are refusing to see what a danger he is.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 25, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

I'm no fan of Drumpf, but to suggest that his entire support is coming from neo-Nazis is ridiculous Matt. It's typical of much political debate these days, and in line with the suggestion that everyone who is supporting a Leave vote in the EU Referendum is a bigot and a racist.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 25, 2016, 08:07:37 PM »

I'm no fan of Drumpf, but to suggest that his entire support is coming from neo-Nazis is ridiculous Matt. It's typical of much political debate these days, and in line with the suggestion that everyone who is supporting a Leave vote in the EU Referendum is a bigot and a racist.

Ok, fair enough, but do you not see the comparison? And with this man, it doesn't seem to be all that far from the truth, that he's clearly so insane in the things he's saying and yet people still think he's a good candidate to become the most powerful person in the world? I honestly cannot understand why any reasonable person could consider him a genuinely viable option as president, and here he is, one person away from achieving that.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »

The American system is quite robust for rejecting nonsense (and excellent) policy. He won't be able to do anything crazy just by being POTUS. He will lose though, unless the big Republican money comes in to support him.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: May 25, 2016, 08:31:47 PM »

Ok, fair enough, but do you not see the comparison? And with this man, it doesn't seem to be all that far from the truth, that he's clearly so insane in the things he's saying and yet people still think he's a good candidate to become the most powerful person in the world? I honestly cannot understand why any reasonable person could consider him a genuinely viable option as president, and here he is, one person away from achieving that.

Everyone is so quick to point out how awful Trump and Trump supporters are, they miss what he does well.

Whatever you think of the man, 'Make America Great Again' is a fantastic slogan that says so much and speaks to disenfranchised Middle America who once believed in the American Dream, but no longer do. It is both a hopeful and a critical slogan.

He is doing a very good job of acknowledging the grievances of white middle America, something which the others do not. A good example being Bernie Sanders recently said on stage 'white people don't know what poverty is'. Now, I know exactly the point Sanders was making, but there are millions of white people who are poor in the US who would see that as an insult. Trump on the other hand is all about bringing back jobs to America.

He is obviously very good at playing on fears, which is where the racism and the 'they're coming for your guns' shit comes in.

Then you have all the anti-establishment, anti-donations, not playing by the medias rules stuff that both he and Bernie have done very well at.

He also is refreshing to many because he simply doesn't apologise when he says something 'colourful'. His critics would say that this means he is a jerk, but his fans will tell you they are sick of the phoney apologies from mainstream politicians.

America likes winners and money, so when they see him bragging like a rapper, that appeals to some people (I believe the yoof call it 'swagger').

Finally, it doesn't help when his detractors choose to demonise his fanbase as knuckle dragging troglodytes, that only strengthens their resolve and doubles their support.

I'm not a fan of the guy at all, but he nor his supporters are morons (it's took me a long time to realise this myself). I actually think he is going to prove a very tough opponent for Hillary head-to-head.

I think a Trump presidency would most likely be a disaster, but he is winning the election game.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:51:49 PM by DaveShoelace » Logged
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:35 PM »

I completely agree that Trump isn't stupid, he's been given his shot and by God has he taken it.

I will point out that "make America great again" etc as a campaign is basically what Hitler did. He's also said things like he's going to ban Muslims from entering the country. This bit sound familiar too?

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 25, 2016, 09:16:22 PM »

I completely agree that Trump isn't stupid, he's been given his shot and by God has he taken it.

I will point out that "make America great again" etc as a campaign is basically what Hitler did. He's also said things like he's going to ban Muslims from entering the country. This bit sound familiar too?

If he wins, nothing much will change. Other than what any Republican President would have done anyway. The radicalism is just a mechanism to win votes from the educationally sub-normal. Is that an appropriate  nomenclature? Even he wouldn't have dreamed it would go this well.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17:01 PM »

I'm not denying the comparison is fair and that his tactics haven't been racist and vile, just putting forward reasons why he is popular.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 25, 2016, 09:33:25 PM »

Drumpf appeals to the have-nots. The top 0.1% of American households have almost as much of the wealth in the US as the bottom 90%. Inequality breeds resentment and a search for an alternative to the old ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/nov/13/us-wealth-inequality-top-01-worth-as-much-as-the-bottom-90

If you were a resident of Detroit say, would you be inclined to vote for an establishment politician?

Godwin's Law strikes.

Every politician in the world has run on the 'Make <insert name of country here> Great' ticket at some stage. It's a lot more popular than 'Vote for me and I'll bring this country to it's knees'

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 25, 2016, 09:36:46 PM »

Drumpf appeals to the have-nots. The top 0.1% of American households have almost as much of the wealth in the US as the bottom 90%. Inequality breeds resentment and a search for an alternative to the old ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/nov/13/us-wealth-inequality-top-01-worth-as-much-as-the-bottom-90

If you were a resident of Detroit say, would you be inclined to vote for an establishment politician?

Godwin's Law strikes.

Every politician in the world has run on the 'Make <insert name of country here> Great' ticket at some stage. It's a lot more popular than 'Vote for me and I'll bring this country to it's knees'

Britain is close for disparity of wealth and it moves closer every day that the stock market doesn't dive.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: