blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 672066 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: October 11, 2019, 07:07:35 AM »

I really can't see how positions like this help any democrat let alone a notionally sensible one like Warren. I guess winning the nomination is priority right now.

Ludicrous stance, especially in America

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1182471208270352384?s=09

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: October 11, 2019, 09:17:02 AM »

I really can't see how positions like this help any democrat let alone a notionally sensible one like Warren. I guess winning the nomination is priority right now.

The sort of answer you should lose an election over.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: October 11, 2019, 09:37:26 AM »

https://youtu.be/2_bKiNRah3g

One of his best , some really lol moments.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: October 11, 2019, 09:42:46 AM »

Aren't all parties in the UK committed to the principle of free health care for all irrespective of health, gender etc.   Isn't that the main principle of the NHS?  Farage has had his moments in the past, but expect even he isn't going to campaign against the NHS this time.

Guess you can find a few examples like this to test your principles; eg is the biggest scumbag on Earth is still entitled to a fair trial?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: October 11, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »

Aren't all parties in the UK committed to the principle of free health care for all irrespective of health, gender etc.   Isn't that the main principle of the NHS?  Farage has had his moments in the past, but expect even he isn't going to campaign against the NHS this time.

Guess you can find a few examples like this to test your principles; eg is the biggest scumbag on Earth is still entitled to a fair trial?

Not sure about the relevance of our NHS to the topic of whether an American prisoner should get Transgender surgery. Only real point I felt like I wanted to make is that I can't see it being a vote winner. Not really bothered if American prisoners start having their bits chopped off with the help of the Government.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: October 11, 2019, 01:07:20 PM »

Not sure about the relevance of our NHS to the topic of whether an American prisoner should get Transgender surgery. Only real point I felt like I wanted to make is that I can't see it being a vote winner. Not really bothered if American prisoners start having their bits chopped off with the help of the Government.

She believes in health care for all, so that means all, not just people who we like.  Given that she has to respond to the question she is asked that way, doesn't she?  I mean she could get all shifty and avoid the question, as many politicians would do.  I am not sure she should be scared of the reality of her beliefs.  I assume she went on to explain it, but we can't tell as you have linked to a version of her answer that a far right wing commentator knows shows her in the worst possible light.

Do you believe in the NHS proinciples, even if it means people are entitled to transgender surgery?  I assume they aren't going to give it to anyone who walks through the door, and will carry out proper processes around life changing decisions like that.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: October 11, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

She believes in health care for all, so that means all, not just people who we like.  Given that she has to respond to the question she is asked that way, doesn't she?  I mean she could get all shifty and avoid the question, as many politicians would do.  I am not sure she should be scared of the reality of her beliefs.  I assume she went on to explain it, but we can't tell as you have linked to a version of her answer that a far right wing commentator knows shows her in the worst possible light.

Do you believe in the NHS proinciples, even if it means people are entitled to transgender surgery?  I assume they aren't going to give it to anyone who walks through the door, and will carry out proper processes around life changing decisions like that.

tbf, I'd like to engage but you're a bit too confrontational for me. It's not really necessary to challenge whether I believe in NHS principles just because I think Warren said a dumb thing in American electoral terms

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: October 11, 2019, 02:08:37 PM »

tbf, I'd like to engage but you're a bit too confrontational for me. It's not really necessary to challenge whether I believe in NHS principles just because I think Warren said a dumb thing in American electoral terms

Oh come off it, everyone here can appear confrontational at times. 

She has said she believes in healthcare for all.   Sure appearing on the televison highlighting what this really means isn't a vote winner, I'll give you that, but at least it seems honest. 

How do you think she should have answered?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: October 11, 2019, 04:00:20 PM »

She has said she believes in healthcare for all.   Sure appearing on the televison highlighting what this really means isn't a vote winner, I'll give you that, but at least it seems honest. 

I'm quite fragile though. A few ifs and equivocations shouldn't be beyond the skill of a politician on a complex subject with a number of pretty high hurdles to clear before ever being something that will happen.

Obvs I am now firmly snared in arguing for some equivocation but I think that has it's place at times. Now trotting off to prepare examples

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3189 on: October 11, 2019, 05:55:31 PM »

I'm quite fragile though. A few ifs and equivocations shouldn't be beyond the skill of a politician on a complex subject with a number of pretty high hurdles to clear before ever being something that will happen.

Obvs I am now firmly snared in arguing for some equivocation but I think that has it's place at times. Now trotting off to prepare examples

Leave it Glen, it's not wurf it.

The older I get, the better I was.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: October 11, 2019, 06:34:20 PM »

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/10/politics/warren-jokes-at-lgbtq-town-hall/index.html

Gone viral , very good comedy timing .

Should serve her well when going heads up against dipshit Trump .
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: October 15, 2019, 08:09:48 PM »

Russian troops have now occupied the positions that the recalled US army have vacated in NE Syria.

Further strong evidence of the donald's treachery on Putin's command - as if it were needed.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: October 15, 2019, 08:45:32 PM »

That'll sort it, no danger.

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1184150380969676801

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: October 16, 2019, 06:12:16 PM »

Crikey me , they went after my mate Elizabeth last night like a pack of wolves in the debate which
goes to show who is the front runner for democratic nominee.

She did ok but stonewalling on how to pay for Medicare for all was a bad strategy decision IMHO.

Keeping the faith , all in.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:58 PM »

Crikey me , they went after my mate Elizabeth last night like a pack of wolves in the debate which
goes to show who is the front runner for democratic nominee.

She did ok but stonewalling on how to pay for Medicare for all was a bad strategy decision IMHO.

Keeping the faith , all in.

AOC throwing her not inconsiderable lot in with Bernie Sanders rather than Lizzie is a bit of a bummer.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: