blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664700 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3345 on: January 11, 2020, 07:04:29 AM »

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1215435613203202048?s=20

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: January 13, 2020, 09:59:05 PM »

He's too com.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: January 14, 2020, 01:02:45 AM »

We've lost another one. Again no surprise, as Cory Booker cuts it short. He was the perfect candidate in many ways but, despite performing well in the debates he got into, Cory's campaign just never caught fire with the public. Low poll numbers mean low donations, and the vicious circle meant there then wasn't enough money to improve the public support. He only collected $22m through all of 2019, less than several others raised in the final quarter, and failed to qualify for recent debates, making a comeback even less likely. In particular, he was never able to prise black voters from Biden in South Carolina (an early State which is one of the Blackest) or nationally. He ran a highly progressive campaign and is distinct in the field in still living in a poor black area. The party still really likes him, so he may be back as a running mate.

Click to see full-size image.

“I got in this race to win, and I’ve always said I wouldn’t continue if there was no longer a path to victory. Our campaign has reached the point where we need more money to scale up and continue building a campaign that can win — money we don’t have.”

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: January 14, 2020, 02:23:55 AM »

Marianne Williamson has finally withdrawn too.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: January 15, 2020, 12:43:17 AM »

Tonight's the night for the big debate - possibly the most important one of all. It's the last one before voting starts at the Iowa Caucuses in three weeks time and the impressions taken away will influence the outcome of those and, possibly, the whole future of the country. There will be six candidates on the stage, with Steyer qualifying late to join Biden, Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg and Klobuchar. Despite its seeming unimportance, as the first State to vote, Iowa often changes the direction of the race, as does New Hampshire, which takes place right behind. There is every reason to believe the campaign is about to cut up rough, with attacks on Biden by most of the others since the New Year and relations between Warren and Sanders deteriorating this week, with both accusing the other of lying about a meeting they had. Polling has tightened and it's almost a four-way tie at the top, with Warren slightly behind the other three, but within striking distance.

This is a average poll of polls by RealClearPolitics:

Polls are all over the place - it's very hard to tell who is winning Iowa:

What is clear is that it's in the balance.

One more thing - watch out for Klobuchar. This may be looking like a four-horse race, but seven percent is not one percent - she is still a still viable candidate. She's the moderate alternative to Biden who isn't Buttigieg. She's not as old as Joe, not as inexperienced as Pete and not as left-wing as Liz or Bernie. She is from Minnesota, another Mid-West State that borders Iowa. And she has piled up massive vote-counts for years, even when her State has been Republican. Iowa is where Santorum and Rubio came back in 2012 and 2016, respectively, and it could happen again. She doesn't need to win - she just needs to do well enough to be seen as a genuine candidate. Iowa isn't a winner-take-all State - delegates are shared out. However, you need to get 15% in a District to get any delegates. If Klobuchar gets an even 7-8% across the State, she might come away empty-handed. This could be a critical point for her, with stepping up a level and withdrawal both possible outcomes.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: January 15, 2020, 12:47:49 AM »

What time does it start, MT?

I might try and watch some of it, if I'm finished working in time.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: January 15, 2020, 01:01:48 AM »

8pm Central, which I think is 2am.

Trump is also holding a rally in Wisconsin at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihF2LVyaRyE
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: January 15, 2020, 01:09:35 AM »

8pm Central, which I think is 2am.

Trump is also holding a rally in Wisconsin at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihF2LVyaRyE

I saw a bit of one on 'A Closer Look', and they're all pretty much the same now Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: January 15, 2020, 02:13:26 AM »

The Sanders camp has been signalling hard that they are going to hit Biden tonight. And then this fallout with Warren came along. It’s hard for him to fight two fronts at the same time, so it’ll be intriguing to see how he plays it. He can’t just take on Warren and leave Biden to another day, cos there isn’t one - this is showtime. But he can’t allow the allegations to go unanswered. Warren is more ruthless. She and Bernie are chasing the same votes and only one of them can come through that channel so, if old alliances have to be put aside, she’ll do it. The whole race now seems to be about these three and, at some point, it will probably come down to Biden versus the survivor between Sanders and Warren.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: January 15, 2020, 04:15:22 PM »

The Sanders camp has been signalling hard that they are going to hit Biden tonight. And then this fallout with Warren came along. It’s hard for him to fight two fronts at the same time, so it’ll be intriguing to see how he plays it. He can’t just take on Warren and leave Biden to another day, cos there isn’t one - this is showtime. But he can’t allow the allegations to go unanswered. Warren is more ruthless. She and Bernie are chasing the same votes and only one of them can come through that channel so, if old alliances have to be put aside, she’ll do it. The whole race now seems to be about these three and, at some point, it will probably come down to Biden versus the survivor between Sanders and Warren.

I didn't see it, but saw a clip of Warren going at Sanders after the debate. Presume he ripped into her?

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: January 17, 2020, 01:38:03 AM »

Let's find out:

Poor Steyer wandered into an awkward moment.

This all started at the weekend when Politico got hold of a Sanders' volunteer script that said gave instructions on what to say if they came across someone planning to vote for Warren. Liz came out saying that she was disappointed that Bernie is trashing her.

Bernie said it was nothing to do with him and then Warren let the statement about a woman not becoming President be known, which he also denied.

These two have always avoided attacking each other, so this turn is remarkable. Apart from supporting similar issues, they both need the other's support if one of them is to put up a meaningful challenge to Biden. It could be that Warren could see the race slipping away and decided to shake things up with a risky strategy, which has backfired, as no-one believes that Bernie would say such a thing. Even Fox News and Donald Trump have said so.

Where this leaves us is anyone's guess. Warren has come out of it damaged and joining forces to take on Biden suddenly seems much harder to do. Even if the principals and their campaigns patch it up (which isn't guaranteed), their supporters might not follow orders to vote for the other one.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: January 17, 2020, 01:44:54 AM »

Audio o the Warren-Sanders moment has come out.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: January 17, 2020, 01:48:52 AM »

Klobuchar really admires the woman who is Governor of Kansas, if only she could remember her name.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: January 17, 2020, 02:10:15 AM »

Sgning the impeachment papers is a solemn occasion.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: January 18, 2020, 01:56:45 AM »

Today we got the news that President Trump's defence team for the Senate impeachment trial will include Ken Starr, former independent counsel, who investigated President Clinton in the lead-up to his impeachment. Another household name from that time reacted to the news that the man who ruined her life would be taking the world stage again:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 02:06:54 AM by MintTrav » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: