blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:17:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664982 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: November 05, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »

[

Think that's how Pakman has translated the Trump's Tweet storm today for us not clued up Smiley

he was more fun when he was eating pills and running away from ghosts

Ghosts always got me, but I'm better at eating pills than he was!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: November 05, 2020, 10:49:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1324439705522524162

So ridiculous. Donald must work on his Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Donald, Chill!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: November 05, 2020, 10:58:44 PM »

Pakman just showed that one, and Don Jr is having a tweet/delete storm at present Cheesy

@DonaldJTrumpJr

The best thing for America’s future is for
@realDonaldTrump
 to go to total war over this election to expose all of the fraud, cheating, dead/no longer in state voters, that has been going on for far too long!

It’s time to clean up this mess & stop looking like a banana republic!

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: November 06, 2020, 03:12:06 PM »

It seems to me if there's direct specific evidence of any voter fraud it should be investigated.

These Trump claims about victory remind me of the Labour party and the remain campaigns claiming moral victories in UK votes and blaming the meejah and shenanigans for why they lost. But lose they did and pretending otherwise is ridiculous.

I would hope that those people who supported action in courts around the referendum result are at least somewhat sheepish at being too critical of Trump's floundering contempt for a democratic vote and resort to legal bollox. Probably not a direct parallel but it's part of the same continuum of losers really not being able to accept the loss.

Anyway, main point is can anyone conceive of why the legal efforts and potential refusal to concede ?

There cannot be any serious expectation that a legit result, with votes counted in line with the individual State's procedures, would be reversed by the courts - so what is the point ? Is there a point ?

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: November 06, 2020, 03:40:48 PM »

It seems to me if there's direct specific evidence of any voter fraud it should be investigated.

Anyway, main point is can anyone conceive of why the legal efforts and potential refusal to concede ?

There cannot be any serious expectation that a legit result, with votes counted in line with the individual State's procedures, would be reversed by the courts - so what is the point ? Is there a point ?

There are some aspects that could legitimately be discussed. For example, it seems that people in Pennsylvania and North Carolina who hadn't signed their mail-ins properly were phoned to come in and correct them. That seems like a legitimate argument to be had, whichever way it goes, unless the rule on it was clear beforehand. Even more so, as it seems that only some were phoned, as they couldn't get around to everyone.

The GOP in Nevada has identified over 3,000 votes from people who have moved from the State and potentially another 6,000 similar. Most of them may be kosher, but there is a legitimate discussion to be had.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: November 06, 2020, 03:58:27 PM »

I like your edit, keep on subject :-)

Appreciate your views and I had seen a few things mentioned that looked suspicious.

Becomes hard to filter when the press conf from Trump yesterday threw so many, seemingly nonsensical, thoughts into the mix alongside a few legit concerns.

I suppose the system is working if these all get put out in the open, argued, litigated whatever and the final result is fair. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't have any concern that every legit vote will be counted and that no court will overturn that

sola virtus nobilitat
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: November 06, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »

I saw a comment from some Republican politician piling in on how unseemly Trump is being - he said something along the lines of that every US election has irregularities because they're big and complicated affairs. But that they make barely any difference to the overall result.

I'm guessing Trump is hoping that if he casts a wide enough net he'll manage to get something that actually makes a difference somewhere that is really close but realistically I think he just wants a narrative to say that he never lost, it was stolen and even the courts were in on it.

To give an idea of how pointless most of the legal challenges are, one of them that has been thrown out was disputing about a stack of ballots which had a total of 56 votes in them.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: November 06, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »

The Fox News situation is hilarious - and it could get worse. Calling Arizona for Biden before any other network led to Rupert Murdoch receiving a furious call from Trump, and the campaign seems to be justified in its frustration as the race has narrowed since. Real disagreements have become apparent between the decision desk (where the call was made) and some of the presenters and commentators.

So they have Biden on 264, while most others have him on 253. If Biden wins Nevada's 6 votes, that will take him to 270 according to Fox, but not according to the rest. What will they do? Will Trump TV announce that Biden is President? When no-one else has? I really hope Nevada is next to be called.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: November 06, 2020, 06:18:07 PM »

These Trump claims about victory remind me of the Labour party and the remain campaigns claiming moral victories in UK votes and blaming the meejah and shenanigans for why they lost. But lose they did and pretending otherwise is ridiculous.

I would hope that those people who supported action in courts around the referendum result are at least somewhat sheepish at being too critical of Trump's floundering contempt for a democratic vote and resort to legal bollox. Probably not a direct parallel but it's part of the same continuum of losers really not being able to accept the loss.

The Labour Party or leader of the party has never disputed the result of a general election that it has lost.  Corbyn made some very silly comments after last years election about winning arguments but he did not dispute the result.  Trump is saying that the whole election process is rigged against him with no evidence, 2 very different things.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: November 06, 2020, 06:25:40 PM »

The size of Bidens victory is going to make a lot of these legal challenges pointless, whether they are true or not. The tipping point state is likely to be Arizona or Pennsylvania where Biden will have around 1 point lead and that is assuming you could get Georgia and Wisconsin results flipped. 3 successful legal challenges changing 10s if not 100s of thousand votes ain’t’ happening.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: November 06, 2020, 06:36:17 PM »

The Fox News situation is hilarious - and it could get worse. Calling Arizona for Biden before any other network led to Rupert Murdoch receiving a furious call from Trump, and the campaign seems to be justified in its frustration as the race has narrowed since. Real disagreements have become apparent between the decision desk (where the call was made) and some of the presenters and commentators.

So they have Biden on 264, while most others have him on 253. If Biden wins Nevada's 6 votes, that will take him to 270 according to Fox, but not according to the rest. What will they do? Will Trump TV announce that Biden is President? When no-one else has? I really hope Nevada is next to be called.

i don't know if you caught it but there was a wonderful moment on fox earlier.

they were playing with the touchscreen electoral map to illustrate some possible permutations and the bod they have analysing the votes was trying to show a situation where the vote is tied.

he tried it two or three times but could not get the right permutation to show, saying numerous times " i dont know why its locking me out"

on about the fourth attempt the anchor sheepishly offered "i think its because we have already called Nevada" - the state that was 'locking him out' when he was trying to show the effect of it flipping red.

a wonderfully heavy pause insued.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: November 06, 2020, 07:13:51 PM »

Didn't see that but it sounds painful. They've really snookered themselves by having an independent decision desk.

A Pennsylvania court has just ordered that ballots cured by having the voter come in to fix a signature etc are to be set aside and not counted (until a Court decides whether they can be included or not). It seems that it'll only be implemented for the ballots not yet counted, as it's not possible to go back on those already processed. Sounds like the basis for a further complaint.

Georgia is gonna take ages longer. It's heading for a recount once they're done as it's so close (1,561 difference out of 4.9m votes). Quote from the official who said there'll be a recount - "Some of us went to high schools that had more people than the difference between these two candidates".
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: November 06, 2020, 10:09:59 PM »

I saw a comment from some Republican politician piling in on how unseemly Trump is being - he said something along the lines of that every US election has irregularities because they're big and complicated affairs. But that they make barely any difference to the overall result.

I'm guessing Trump is hoping that if he casts a wide enough net he'll manage to get something that actually makes a difference somewhere that is really close but realistically I think he just wants a narrative to say that he never lost, it was stolen and even the courts were in on it.

Surely if there was ever going to be a massive election fraud, this would be the one.

Having a large % of ballots posted via Mail is just asking for trouble.

If anything does come from these lawsuits, I hope both sides are investigated. It's pretty apparent them the Democrats most likely of the two parties to have cheated, but that's not to say the other side isn't doing the same to some extent.

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: November 06, 2020, 10:14:27 PM »

Didn't see that but it sounds painful. They've really snookered themselves by having an independent decision desk.

A Pennsylvania court has just ordered that ballots cured by having the voter come in to fix a signature etc are to be set aside and not counted (until a Court decides whether they can be included or not). It seems that it'll only be implemented for the ballots not yet counted, as it's not possible to go back on those already processed. Sounds like the basis for a further complaint.

Georgia is gonna take ages longer. It's heading for a recount once they're done as it's so close (1,561 difference out of 4.9m votes). Quote from the official who said there'll be a recount - "Some of us went to high schools that had more people than the difference between these two candidates".

Military votes yet to come in. Regardless of who wins, recount on the cards. Isn't Georgia a state that recounts anything within a 0.5% diff range anyway?
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: November 06, 2020, 10:17:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1324800131540131840
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: