blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Transition from UK Poker Pro to Letting Agency
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transition from UK Poker Pro to Letting Agency  (Read 16749 times)
Goosey82

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2016, 07:10:48 PM »

So this week has started well, took on a new property in West Lothian (basically between Glasgow and Edinburgh). It is about 25 miles from my office and right on the boundary of how far I would be willing to manage, but its for an existing landlord and he's a good one. Also been looking into new software for managing the portfolio and did my first ever newsletter through Mailchimp, looking to keep these monthly, if anyone interested pop me a PM and il add to Mailing List.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »

It's 125% of monthly payment.  Generally stressed at around 5%.

Although two big players in BTL sector recently went 145%.  So won't be long till they all fall into line it's basically self policing.  There are still 2 lenders for definite that will give you a BTL mortgage without you having to provide income proofs.

The difficulty poker players face is getting past the AML checks and showing where the money become they have came from. 

I am dealing with a case just now we're my client has £860k equity looking for an interest only loan of £266k can't place it anywhere.  So frustrating, finally thought I had managed it based on figures I took off him when I seen his payslips things took a turn for the worse.  Still affordable but no longer meets criteria.

Well mine isn't but I'll leave it with you.

My BTL mortgages are also done on 125% of what the interest payments would be.
Lenders are getting ridic tight on regulations though. Asking for min incomes and going through your bank statements/spending even though your rental income pisses the min requirements.

What if you go through a period of no rental income?  I'm not saying I agree with lenders but I understand the reasoning.  Too many people take out BTL mortgages with bad advice because tehir situation hasn't be assessed properly. 

We weren't talking about what was sensible we were talking about what you can get your hands on.

Agree though there are lots of people who over stretch themselves often with the help of poor advice. I dread to think what's going to happen to highly leveraged BTL investors when the tax rules change. A lot of them will be screwed.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: