blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:03:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  What are you doing this Monday at 8:30pm?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you doing this Monday at 8:30pm?  (Read 13091 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »

Best. 

Show.

Ever.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2016, 10:19:03 PM »

Best. 

Show.

Ever.

What is going on in the world? 

Just bought a bike today and the young man was telling me that gear levers disappeared in the 1980s.  I had to ask him how I changed gear on the thing.  The whole thing seemed to weigh about as much as a brake pad on my old bike. 

I went to the shop the other day.  There was a whole shelf of Gordon's gin, but not a single bottle of Beefeater.  Don't get me even started on the shampoo shelves.  I had the choice between some anti dandruff shampoo for men, 150 different shampoos for women and 25 for children. 

Now Tal is putting a full stop between every word. 

Between.
Every.
Word.

Getting old is happening too quickly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2016, 10:33:02 PM »

Tonight's OC redefined 'bastard hard' - I got an unprecedented zero right on the first two rounds.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2016, 10:37:07 PM »

Fully get you, but there are times where the rules of punctuation need to be suspended, doobs.

The Only Connect grand final is the television equivalent of a black hole: an infinitely concentrated, incomparable collection of information no one can seem to understand, where the established laws of physics we use for everywhere else in the known universe don't apply.

Seems only right to cast aside the laws of punctuation and hope some wise souls in suits throw BAFTAs at it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2016, 10:56:15 PM »

Just bought a bike today and the young man was telling me that gear levers disappeared in the 1980s.  I had to ask him how I changed gear on the thing.  The whole thing seemed to weigh about as much as a brake pad on my old bike. 

So, how do you change gear?

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2016, 11:54:57 PM »

Rather than the old manual levers, there are 2 tiny levers the size of the ones you get on an old school bell and you click one lever one way and it goes up and you click the other lever the other way and it goes down.  Seemed a nighmare and when I had a quick go out, as I just seemed to be switching up.

This fells knows much more than me, mine are Shimano shifters.  I don't think video man likes them.  Maybe I should have watched this before buying!

The young fella's original response was "they are shimanoes", as if that was enough to explain it.  I think he was used to dealing with people who know what day it is.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2016, 01:14:23 AM »

Back. of. the. net. A one nil household victory thanks to knowing the lyric's to Vogue which is about as low as you can get in terms of OC questions.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2016, 09:40:55 AM »

Rather than the old manual levers, there are 2 tiny levers the size of the ones you get on an old school bell and you click one lever one way and it goes up and you click the other lever the other way and it goes down.  Seemed a nighmare and when I had a quick go out, as I just seemed to be switching up.

This fells knows much more than me, mine are Shimano shifters.  I don't think video man likes them.  Maybe I should have watched this before buying!

The young fella's original response was "they are shimanoes", as if that was enough to explain it.  I think he was used to dealing with people who know what day it is.

LOL. When you said no levers I though you literally meant no leavers. Even I am familiar with that type of gear change, they've been around for ages.

Exactly how old are you Dooby?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2016, 06:16:14 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2016/jan/19/only-connect-the-uneasy-appeal-of-britains-hardest-quiz-show

Spare a giggle for the last line.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »

Question for the fellow OC Nerds: those facts that are read out about each of the contestants ("...who once mistook Michael Portillo for a Welsh dresser", "...who once at a whole jar of pickled asparagus", "...who has the world's third largest collection of Bahamian lingerie")

Made up or real?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2016, 01:04:48 PM »

Question for the fellow OC Nerds: those facts that are read out about each of the contestants ("...who once mistook Michael Portillo for a Welsh dresser", "...who once at a whole jar of pickled asparagus", "...who has the world's third largest collection of Bahamian lingerie")

Made up or real?

Or better still, do a true one about yourself.

Red Dog, who once jumped into a snowdrift sans trousers.

MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2016, 06:39:27 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/takepart/only_connect
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: