blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Icky stack size spot
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Icky stack size spot  (Read 5948 times)
dwh103

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 08:14:35 PM »

Big guy, bald head, talks a lot, likes showing his bluffs  and raising out of the blinds.

Saw he had a big day one stack reading online somewhere and he seemed to fit the bill with how the hand played out. Just realised I've just assumed this was from Gentings Luton this weekend too.

Probably up the wrong tree on more counts than one :-)

Haha, might be! He did sound very British though, but given the stack size, and it was GPS Luton then I'd say you might be right!

Probably him, he doesn't sound Greek at all. Likeable guy even with all the chat :-)

Suspect identified!

Think he'd peel out of position to a click 4b with an eff SPR of 1? Smiley
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 08:30:41 PM »

Big guy, bald head, talks a lot, likes showing his bluffs  and raising out of the blinds.

Saw he had a big day one stack reading online somewhere and he seemed to fit the bill with how the hand played out. Just realised I've just assumed this was from Gentings Luton this weekend too.

Haha, might be! He did sound very British though, but given the stack size, and it was GPS Luton then I'd say you might be right!

Probably him, he doesn't sound Greek at all. Likeable guy even with all the chat :-)

Suspect identified!

Something less than 1% folding to the 4b I'd think. Peel more likely than a 5b but I think he would 5b (jam) a fair bit especially on a roll with a big stack

sola virtus nobilitat
dwh103

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »

Suspect identified!

Something less than 1% folding to the 4b I'd think. Peel more likely than a 5b but I think he would 5b (jam) a fair bit especially on a roll with a big stack

Thanks, sounds like I probably needed one mini-validation to tip me into 4b territory.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »

Yep, if you'd played with him an hour or so the hand becomes much easier

sola virtus nobilitat
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 01:36:22 PM »

People don't squeeze nearly as much as they should do. I think shoving is a bit thin in a live game without any super strong reads.

Peeling is definitely fine. You've got great odds and it's pretty easy to play post flop with the stack sizes. An extra person calling behind you isn't bad either since mostly you're looking to try and flop a pair and go with it. I think if someone else calls behind you have a chance of winning the pot by bluffing since the SB might be a little more honest playing 3 way OOP.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Flash92

onesickhunt.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 03:41:22 PM »

People don't squeeze nearly as much as they should do. I think shoving is a bit thin in a live game without any super strong reads.

Peeling is definitely fine. You've got great odds and it's pretty easy to play post flop with the stack sizes. An extra person calling behind you isn't bad either since mostly you're looking to try and flop a pair and go with it. I think if someone else calls behind you have a chance of winning the pot by bluffing since the SB might be a little more honest playing 3 way OOP.

Yeah, especially to this sizing.

Agree we're getting a great price (2.5:1), with the added incentive of the whale calling behind, peel can't be all that bad, neither can folding tho.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: