blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Major clubs want automatic entry into the Champions League
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Major clubs want automatic entry into the Champions League  (Read 4746 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 10:44:23 AM »

While the idea is repellent I can't see how it would it work.  2 teams from each country guaranteed spots?  For England, if they are looking at historical achievement that would be Man Utd and Liverpool.  So that would be ridiculous for Arsenal/Chelsea/City given how utterly average Liverpool have been for 20 years.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 10:44:46 AM »

I assume Nottingham Forest get  in automatically as well?

Cheesy
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »

This is exactly why every football fan should oppose financial fair play.

This is a silly point.

Financial Fair Play is essential to stop rich people using clubs as there play things and then leaving them in the crap.

lol, seeing fans of the two manchester clubs debating this is like wondering which of Fred West and Harold Shipman are worse.

One would be totally in the crap if the Middle Eastern owners withdrew, the other would be totally in the crap, only with a lot more debt, if the drawbridge came up in Tampa Bay

both have pushed FFP to the limit, United's commercial revenue allows them to circumvent it anyway

Harold Shipman imo.

The older I get, the better I was.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 02:05:10 PM »

My stepdad is a spitting image of Harold Shipman.  He's lucky Shipman committed suicide of he'd keep getting picked up as a prison escapee.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 01:13:54 PM »

the 'sinister' Champions League plan by top European clubs http://bbc.in/1QbAy7I 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 02:11:23 PM »

Oh nice they are tinning everyone but 5 leagues.  Multiple winners Ajax and Porto on the scrap heap.  What cowards they are.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 02:27:54 PM »

Remember when all the talk was about England losing one of our CL spots?

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 03:54:10 PM »

Unless there is a European super league I wish we could just go back to the way it was when the Champions of each country got into the big competition.   I wouldn't even be adverse to the last 32 going in a Champions League. 

The fact is, greed has corrupted.  Sporting integrity means nothing now.  It is for that very reason I am screaming on Leicester in every game.  Even though I don't support them. 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 04:14:20 PM »

Do away with seeding. Maybe keep English, Spanish etc teams apart in the group stages, but other than that have a free for all draw. Could get some absolutely cracking groups. And of course the chance of some crap groups, but we get them anyway with the seeding in place.

But UEFA would never sanction it, cos they want all the best teams through and this would threaten that.

Best Bitter.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 04:24:52 PM »

Its the whole 3 from this country and 4 from that country, it devalues the meaning of "champions" for me.   Clubs now target top 3 or 4 rather than going all out to win the league, which should be the pinnacle of your season in my mind. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »

No top four, no problem Barcelona president backs Champions League wildcards http://bbc.in/1QXx7M4 

My eyes are open wide
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2016, 11:24:43 AM »

We've got Arsenal v Barca tonight. Should be a cracking game, one of the best of the season. If they had just the champions of each countries league then games like this would never happen. You'd have to watch Viktoria Plzen v Trencin or Olimpija Ljubljana v Red Bull Salzsburg with Barca, Bayern and PSG smashing everyone till you get to a final with a game actually worth watching.

I like the idea of wildcards though. Random draw for 2 teams that came between 5th and 10th of every league. Would give an astronomical boost to the majority of teams and help shorten the gap to the elite.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 01:42:23 PM »

ok, hold me back

Manchester United deserve European qualification ahead of Leicester regardless of position, insists US giant http://dailym.ai/21Mh9Mr

My eyes are open wide
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »

ok, hold me back

Manchester United deserve European qualification ahead of Leicester regardless of position, insists US giant http://dailym.ai/21Mh9Mr

Eh so Manchester United now invented soccer? 

That chap sounds like he's wasting valuable oxygen.   I utterly despise corporate greed. 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »

ok, hold me back

Eh so Manchester United now invented soccer? 

That chap sounds like he's wasting valuable oxygen.   I utterly despise corporate greed. 

They did, in 1992.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: