blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:40:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  What is a fair share of tax to pay from your annual income –
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is a fair share of tax to pay from your annual income –  (Read 4898 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »

What % of UK population earn over £200k per year ?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »

What % of UK population earn over £200k per year ?

Just under 1% [1]. The 1% earn 12% of the total income and pay 27% of the total income tax take [2].

[1] https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/percentile-points-from-1-to-99-for-total-income-before-and-after-tax
[2] https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/shares-of-total-income-before-and-after-tax-and-income-tax-for-percentile-groups
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »

Said this many times before but new economic policy needs to really promote small businesses and enterprise, SME's employ 60% of the employment market and contribute 47% to gross turnover, it should be brutally obvious to any politician that this is where economic growth is gonna come from, tax the big boys properly, and make sure they pay what they should (not easy i know) and then spend the money promoting this section of the economy.

Encouraging enterprise in young people is the way forward, promote aspiration, start in the most typically under privileged areas, get the guys believing that you can do what you want. Free education and free childcare/support for people of all ages who genuinely want to get something going.

Or we could just continue to tell everyone how unfair it is that X person can make £1m a year when Y person only makes £20k.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »

Said this many times before but new economic policy needs to really promote small businesses and enterprise, SME's employ 60% of the employment market and contribute 47% to gross turnover, it should be brutally obvious to any politician that this is where economic growth is gonna come from, tax the big boys properly, and make sure they pay what they should (not easy i know) and then spend the money promoting this section of the economy.

Encouraging enterprise in young people is the way forward, promote aspiration, start in the most typically under privileged areas, get the guys believing that you can do what you want. Free education and free childcare/support for people of all ages who genuinely want to get something going.

Or we could just continue to tell everyone how unfair it is that X person can make £1m a year when Y person only makes £20k.

Agree with this. Tax the big boys properly and when they threaten to take their business elsewhere just tell them to gtfo then. If they leave it opens up opportunities to smaller entrepreneurs to fill the gaps, think lots of coffee shops with different names rather than every one of them being a Costa/Starbucks.

Yes it will push prices up for consumers but there should be more tax coming in meaning that lower tax bands can drift upwards meaning that you have a better distribution of wealth and people can afford the increased prices.

It's never going to happen but wouldn't It be nice Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »

Agree, can we add to that to give the moany woe is me bunch who will ignore any notion of aspiration a hefty boot up the arse? We need to get them them to pull their fingers out and achieve something in life and contribute also  thumbs up
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 05:31:54 PM »

Agree, can we add to that to give the moany woe is me bunch who will ignore any notion of aspiration a hefty boot up the arse? We need to get them them to pull their fingers out and achieve something in life and contribute also  thumbs up

I think the way to do that Woodsey is to have a large budget to spend on training and education of work age adults not in unemployment. You might not agree but that cost will have a long term benefit to all of us if it is effective.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 05:43:29 PM »

I think the way to do that Woodsey is to have a large budget to spend on training and education of work age adults not in unemployment. You might not agree but that cost will have a long term benefit to all of us if it is effective.

I don’t mind if it means they get out and actually contribute/contribute more after.. For all their faults one quality I admire about Americans is their aspiration to succeed, You don’t hear much jealousy or whining about people people being successful there, it’s mostly the attitude of ‘I want to be successful like that guy and I’m gonna do it’. Sadly we have too many in the Uk that are the opposite that and just don’t get off their arses and think the world owes them a living. I have zero time for that.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: