blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:51:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Romania and stuff
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Romania and stuff  (Read 38341 times)
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »

The Thug Pub looks amazing!

Need pictures of you enjoying a pint in there!

Haha it's brilliant pal. I'll be happy to provide. I have many pictures but Imgur doesn't seem to work on this wifi connection.

Yeah the Thug Pub looks amazing, loving the trip report and diary, more pics please.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2016, 02:41:49 PM »

Having a quick beer in The Thug now gents. Pictures will probably come once I'm back in Kaz as Imgur isn't playing ball.
Only thing I haven't taken pictures of so far is the utter squalor. I felt it was disrespectful and I was genuinely scared taking my iPad out.
I think I'll have to man up and do it because the pictures will be seriously powerful, much more so than anything I can conjure up with words.
What do you think? Do we need those kind of pics?
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »

enjoying the diary, thanks for writing it.

as for photos,generally the more the better. i reckon the stuff like goats getting slaughtered in street,the terrible state of the roads etc are interesting stuff for your casual reader. however i dont advise rocking up to 25 near naked, homeless indian men that are sleeping in the street . i have travelled and photographed some very poor neighbourhoods, and there is definetely a fine line between nobody batting an eyelid, compared to people losing their rag very quickly if you just snap whatever you see.

how are you finding the food , always wanted to go to india ,mainly kerala, just to pig out on everything.

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2016, 03:14:02 PM »

enjoying the diary, thanks for writing it.

as for photos,generally the more the better. i reckon the stuff like goats getting slaughtered in street,the terrible state of the roads etc are interesting stuff for your casual reader. however i dont advise rocking up to 25 near naked, homeless indian men that are sleeping in the street . i have travelled and photographed some very poor neighbourhoods, and there is definetely a fine line between nobody batting an eyelid, compared to people losing their rag very quickly if you just snap whatever you see.

how are you finding the food , always wanted to go to india ,mainly kerala, just to pig out on everything.

I'm really enjoying the food pal, trying to taste a little of everything, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Pakistani etc.
I'm going to try a few street food vendors tomorrow so prepare for an update of me writhing in pain with an acute case of Delhi Belly on Saturday.
Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2016, 03:31:02 PM »

A great read.

Strangely, I want to go visit there but then again I defiantly don't want to.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2016, 03:59:48 PM »

A great read.

Strangely, I want to go visit there but then again I defiantly don't want to.

I recommend you bring a thick skin and a decent book
hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »

My family are originally from a village in Gujarat, still have lots of family there.  I went there 5 years ago for a wedding and tbh i loved the experience.  Go visit a cinema there if you haven't already, i highly recommend it simply for the experience
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2016, 02:44:58 PM »

Evening all, I'm still trucking on, off to watch South Africa v Sri Lanka in an hour. I'll catch up on everything properly once I get back to Kaz over the weekend.

I've backed Siriwadana top batsman for SL tonight, 9/1 for a top 5 player looks appealing especially as Angelo Matthews may not play.
Stay lucky everyone.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2016, 10:18:19 PM »

Myself and my mate will be in the Shakespeare pub for the football this Saturday. I hear it does remarkably good Indian food?
What's a fair price for a pint? And a fair price for a decent meal?
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »

Blah. Totally neglecting this at the moment. So busy with work.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2016, 02:56:55 PM »

Myself and my mate will be in the Shakespeare pub for the football this Saturday. I hear it does remarkably good Indian food?
What's a fair price for a pint? And a fair price for a decent meal?

Wish I'd seen this earlier. I was in that very pub on Saturday night celebrating my wedding anniversary. Would definitely have bought you a pint. How was the food? Do us a review. The curries are top notch in my opinion.
I recommend you also try a shashlik restaurant close by. Let me know if you'd like the address.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »

Blah. Totally neglecting this at the moment. So busy with work.

I know how you feel. buuuuump

I might be visiting Astana/Karaganda next month. any insight into Air Astana flights from London?
Hagi

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2018, 11:53:52 AM »

Wow just stumbled across this.
I was/am TommyPlus, the original author. I somehow lost the log in details and could not recover them no matter how hard I tried.
As some of you can tell from my new username I moved on from Kazakhstan to Romania for various reasons.
I think I will resurrect this blog and kindly request a title amendment from the powers that be.
Hagi

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2018, 12:24:02 PM »

April 20th 2016 - November 26th 2018

My job as an English language tutor was fascinating, rewarding and highly paid. I knew I wanted a career in education and I also knew I would need an education degree to achieve my goals. I absolutely didn't want to move back to the UK to do this so I settled on this fascinating institution.....

I am currently studying a BA in Education(primary studies) and I am absolutely loving being a student again. I am fascinated with the material in the course and can't speak highly enough for the OU.

My wife loves to travel and enjoys ticking off multiple countries wherever possible. Whimsically I presented this to her one Christmas many years ago......

Click to see full-size image.

The only problem was Amazon lied to me. The cost was not the $6.95 that they advertised because it's currently cost me approximately 50 grand to scratch off 47 countries on the map. Since the last time I updated we've visited Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Sweden, Denmark and Italy.

Amazingly we are missing a multitude of European countries so we decided to take jobs in Bucharest and take advantage of it's location in Europe and the access to cheap flights as well as an easier route home in case I need to return to the UK for my studies(It turns out I won't need to).
We flew Bucharest to Ciampino in Rome for $30 each. Incredible value. Greece is next on the agenda in April after a Christmas holiday to be spent exploring Romania.
It feels great to write up a small post on here. It's abreactive(?) for me and I definitely want to try and make this blog interesting again.

More to come on our initial thoughts of Romania in a future post....

Bye for now
 Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:41:48 PM by Hagi » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2018, 12:38:58 PM »

Welcome back.

Post often.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print