blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:14:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 198388 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2016, 11:17:36 AM »

prices are up in lots of places

go via http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/regular-season/betting-markets

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2016, 11:57:57 AM »

I get an error on that link

Couldn't find individual records. Lots of most passing/rec/rushing yards markets. But couldn't find o/u?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »

this one? http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials

i tend not to do 10/11 each of two stuff over 17 weeks so wouldn't know about player o/u

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 19, 2016, 12:07:22 PM »

hold on they are there too

bet365 eg http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/regular-season/total-receiving-yds-julio-jones

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 19, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »

Has anyone got a view on anything that stands out on the individual markets? Seem only to be 365 at the moment

https://mobile.bet365.com/default.aspx?lng=1&zn=1&apptype=&appversion=&rnd=43504#type=Coupon;key=12-20464405-1-28861573-2-0-0-0-1-0-0-4063-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-719;ip=0;lng=1;anim=1

I noted a few that I'm already arguing with myself on

I'm trying to put together a season preview type thing here by the end of the preseason. There are a few teams I'm cute on and one or two surprises I'm going to say won't make the playoffs (like the superbowl champions for instance).

Things are really busy for me ATM and it also obviously makes sense to wait for at least 3 games of the preseason to start the full prediction stuff. Also things like the LeVeon Bell situation to be determined.

Not sure of the level of detail as yet but it'll be something along the lines of finishing orders in the divisions, some projections of player performances and maybe a mock playoff route to the superbowl. Bills 4th in the AFC East anyone?

I'm going to have a few season long bets (probably leaning towards the unders in these o/u markets, the nearer to the off we get, because, as we know, the punters love betting on things to happen, rather than betting on them not to happen), but I'd hate to take overs on anyone now when they could get injured before we even begin. Maybe that's just poor mentality on my part but I am not a massive antepost guy in any sport.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »

Actually mentioned the other day on twitter that the Bills could be awful with all their injuries and suspensions and the Ryans there
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:16:25 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »

Actually mentioned the other day on twitter that the Bills could be awful with all their injuries and suspensions and the Ryans there

We will start 2017 with significantly fewer injuries, suspensions and Ryans. 

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:22 PM »

Joey Bosa released by the San Diego Chargers.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2016, 08:54:40 PM »

The chargers are cheap. For bosa it will cost him a lot of money as there are better de's than him in next years draft

My eyes are open wide
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2016, 09:10:01 PM »

Joey Bosa released by the San Diego Chargers.

Chargers ''release'' a statement on Joey Bosa*
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2016, 09:13:49 PM »

The kid is an ass-hat. He's going to make a fortune anyway. Why does he need/want the money so quickly when he'll make millions anyway. He was always going to get the money eventually. I hope no-one picks him up. But he probably will within the week

Chargers statement. I think... https://mobile.twitter.com/Chargers/status/768509903707123712/photo/1
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:16:20 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2016, 09:17:47 PM »

No if he doesn't agree with the chargers he goes back into next years draft. No team has any money left in rookie pools

My eyes are open wide
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2016, 09:19:13 PM »

Excuse the noob question but I thought the deal with the draft was that you got picked, you had to play for the team that picked you and the salary and the length of the contract was all set in stone based on where you went in the draft.  So what is there to talk about?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »

This is why this is very rare. The 2011 cba basically slotted every draft pick to financial deals meaning hold outs and non signings became a thing if the past The chargers have though asked him to accept less than slot. The chargers have picked 11th to 25th since that cba, this is the first year they are on the hook for lots of money since quinten jammer and phillip rivers iirc

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2016, 09:27:25 PM »

Excuse the noob question but I thought the deal with the draft was that you got picked, you had to play for the team that picked you and the salary and the length of the contract was all set in stone based on where you went in the draft.  So what is there to talk about?

Ah. Sorry tighty. Wasn't aware of that. Thought he'd just go to free agency. Makes sense. So he'll be wasting a year doing nothing and presumably get drafted lower next year as he seems to be proving hard work.

Hadn't heard about them asking him to take less, I thought it was about how he's paid his bonuses. He wants all his signing on bonus up front. But the chargers don't do that. (although could be that he recieves less this year as they try to spread out that cash)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: