blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 05:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2235758 Posts in 66337 Topics by 16572 Members
Latest Member: p4ky0
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 226929 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: August 19, 2019, 12:31:08 AM »

Nice going Mr Evil.

Training here is going well and banging hard at the crossfit stuff.. Have recently posted top 100 world numbers in a couple of the official qualifying Crossfit WODS for my age group

and now have a resting heart beat of an athlete at 56 bpm.

PT official opinion is 'i'm as fit as fuck !' . wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 19, 2019, 07:29:00 AM »

Good stuff mate.

Any thoughts of competing?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 19, 2019, 09:57:01 AM »

Good stuff mate.

Any thoughts of competing?

Not really.. Although im in the gym up to 6 times a week id have to dedicate a lot more time to it as i have a couple of weak movements.. im happy as I am and good to know im right up there with my strong movements

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: August 19, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »

Impressive stuff, chaps. Very strong indeed!

If you two lumps are smashing it up so well, I better pull my lazy ass out of the office and get back chucking some 2.5kg plates about. I've not been since I got back last month, and my PT has gone to sample a different kind of supplement, as he's living in Ibiza for the summer Cheesy

I lost ~7-10lbs while I was away iirc, and I've only put a bit back on since getting home. Going to see if I can get myself back to about 15 stone before I go to Vegas in Dec.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 22, 2019, 03:51:50 AM »

Impressive stuff from Matt and Dean.
Personally just getting back into light weights after a pretty bad flare up of old wrist injury. Shoulder also giving me grief but that's manageable. Been doing a lot of cardio last few weeks instead. Looking to up the weights based workouts post holiday
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 25, 2019, 10:28:02 PM »

Personally just getting back into light weights after a pretty bad flare up of old wrist injury. Shoulder also giving me grief but that's manageable. Been doing a lot of cardio last few weeks instead. Looking to up the weights based workouts post holiday

I went a hell of a long time with a really messed up wrist that caused major training problems. I couldn't do any kind of curl and pretty much any exercise that may involve slight movement of the wrist might end up in excruciating pain and dropping the weights.

I really feel your anguish at this as it's an agonising shooting pain that just comes on in an instant.

Have you tried wrist straps? I bought some a couple of years or so ago and they really helped. My wrists slowly got better and I'm now at the point where I don't need them so I'm able to do more training and actually start to build wrist strength so hopefully they don't cause problems again in the future.

Good luck getting through this one.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: August 26, 2019, 01:16:07 PM »

I went a hell of a long time with a really messed up wrist that caused major training problems. I couldn't do any kind of curl and pretty much any exercise that may involve slight movement of the wrist might end up in excruciating pain and dropping the weights.

I really feel your anguish at this as it's an agonising shooting pain that just comes on in an instant.

Have you tried wrist straps? I bought some a couple of years or so ago and they really helped. My wrists slowly got better and I'm now at the point where I don't need them so I'm able to do more training and actually start to build wrist strength so hopefully they don't cause problems again in the future.

Good luck getting through this one.

Cheers Matt

It's an injury caused by 20 years of restraining people. At its worst I can't grip anything without extreme pain in wrist and hand. Always eases when in the USA, due to the heat. Just gonna go slow on this and check on wrist position constantly when lifting.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: September 03, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »

Huge surge at the moment since I finally broke through the 3 plate barrier.

Managed 145kg on Sunday which equals my all time PR. It was far from easy so beating it could be tough but I think there's a chance if everything lines up nicely next week.

Also got a 130kg triple which is a 5kg PR and 155kg with the slingshot which is again a PR.

All round I'd say Sunday was a pretty good day Smiley

I've started to cut a little bit of weight now having peaked at 108kg. Currently down to about 105kg with a few to go before the end of September. Hoping I can maintain the strength whilst dropping the weight but will have to see.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 04, 2019, 12:59:26 PM »

Superb numbers there, mate. Congrats!

I've just booked in with the sports massage, as I can feel a twinge in my right bi/tricep when I try to shoulder press or rotate my arm.

Think it was caused by sleeping on it funny, as it was fine until a couple weeks ago. Going to start training again next week, and try shifting a stone or so before Xmas.

Think I'm about 230 atm, so will fire a few curries in this week, before I get on the granola and chicken pitta express Smiley
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: September 04, 2019, 10:41:05 PM »

Nice one Mr Evil.. lol thats about what i deadlift Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 04, 2019, 10:42:23 PM »

Probably more than I can legpress nowadays Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: September 04, 2019, 11:18:50 PM »

Cheers mate.

To be fair it's more than I deadlift or squat. Bench is my only decent lift of the main three unfortunately. Every time I try to push either deadlift or squat I end up messing my back up so I've pretty much given up on the heavy singles and just stick to 100kg or so.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: