blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 207599 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: December 20, 2022, 05:14:48 PM »

I was shocked to learn of his abduction.

R.I.P.

Likewise, pretty shocking stuff.

Our Lips are Sealed his cover and the original one of my fav tracks. When you're most of our ages , fav tracks means being in the top few hundred I think - Gangsters probs in that category too. Deffo becoming a tad concerned at the number in my age cohort dropping off currently

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 20, 2022, 08:12:44 PM »

R.I.P.

Our Lips are Sealed his cover and the original one of my fav tracks. When you're most of our ages , fav tracks means being in the top few hundred I think - Gangsters probs in that category too. Deffo becoming a tad concerned at the number in my age cohort dropping off currently

Think "Our Lips are Sealed" was jointly written with one of The Go-go's, so wasn't really a cover.  Preferred the Go-go's version, but pretty sure I heard it first, and that always biasses you.  Have heard The Funboy Three's version multiple times since last night and keep thinking they should play the better one.  Don't think anyone has played a Specials song on 6 music whilst I was listening either.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 20, 2022, 10:54:58 PM »

R.I.P.

I was shocked too. So sad.

R.I.P.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 20, 2022, 11:00:37 PM »

I was shocked by this too after a fall, seemed he was loved by a lot of people.  R.I.P. Martin

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 21, 2022, 08:05:10 AM »

R.I.P.

Think "Our Lips are Sealed" was jointly written with one of The Go-go's, so wasn't really a cover.  Preferred the Go-go's version, but pretty sure I heard it first, and that always biasses you.  Have heard The Funboy Three's version multiple times since last night and keep thinking they should play the better one.  Don't think anyone has played a Specials song on 6 music whilst I was listening either.

Hadn't appreciated it was a joint thing. I'd forgotten a few specials tracks and found quite a few others to enjoy last night. Nice trip down memory lane

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 21, 2022, 10:06:16 AM »

More on Terry Hall;

Terry Hall was receiving chemotherapy after the cancer from his pancreas spread to his liver and he developed diabetes, however the treatment failed and he died on Sunday at the age of 63. His bandmate Horace Panter revealed in a Facebook post how he had wanted to keep his diagnosis private while the group were preparing to record a new reggae album in Los Angeles. But the singer, who pioneered the British ska scene, became seriously ill just weeks before they were due to fly to the US. Horace revealed: 'Terry had the framework for 8 tunes. Confidence was high. We were set to meet up with Nikolaj [Larsen, Specials keyboardist] and make magic. This was in September. Terry e-mails everyone and says he's in bed with a stomach bug and can't do the first week of pre-production sessions. No big deal, we can knock everything back a week. We're not due to fly out until November 4th.' Horace said it soon emerged it was life-threatening and that Hall immediately started chemotherapy, however he died weeks later.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 21, 2022, 12:57:46 PM »

R.I.P.

Think "Our Lips are Sealed" was jointly written with one of The Go-go's, so wasn't really a cover.  Preferred the Go-go's version, but pretty sure I heard it first, and that always biasses you.  Have heard The Funboy Three's version multiple times since last night and keep thinking they should play the better one.  Don't think anyone has played a Specials song on 6 music whilst I was listening either.

Hadn't appreciated it was a joint thing. I'd forgotten a few specials tracks and found quite a few others to enjoy last night. Nice trip down memory lane

Thanks to Twitter I discovered that he sent some lyrics to Jane Weidlin of the Go-go's after a brief relationship whilst they were supporting the Fun Boy Three on tour.  She added to them and that became the Go-Go's first hit.  

On reading this, I realised there was a good chance I saw The Go-Go's back in the day.  I have no real memory of it though.  Edit.  Just realised the dates don't work, so that might be why I can't remember them!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 01:09:41 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 23, 2022, 11:02:56 AM »

World Cup winner George Cohen has passed away. It is often argued that he was the best right back ever to play for England.

His only club was Fulham, & he played for them for his entire career.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 23, 2022, 11:05:31 AM »

This very famous photo arose when George was about to swap shirts with an Argentinian opponent, but Alf Ramsay was having none of it.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1059 on: December 23, 2022, 03:17:56 PM »

Thom Bell, the master of the Philly Sound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Bell

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 28, 2022, 12:47:13 PM »

RIP John Bird.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 28, 2022, 12:55:24 PM »

Our more senior readers & viewers will surely remember John Bird & John Fortune who did a series called "Long Johns".

20 or 30 years on, they remain as funny & incisive as the day they were first seen.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 29, 2022, 07:24:53 PM »

The great man has gone.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1063 on: December 29, 2022, 07:38:16 PM »

Special player , sets the benchmark.

R.I.P Pele

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 29, 2022, 10:48:14 PM »

The utterly amazing Vivienne Westwood has died, aged 81.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: