blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:07:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  "most annoying".......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "most annoying".......  (Read 17382 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2016, 01:58:34 PM »

The balls always "slide" off the cushions to some extent when the cloth is new but the big bounces are a problem with the equipment.

There have been a huge number of kicks this year too, some of them outrageous.

Mark Williams was asked about the tables in his post match interview and said that he thought he knew the reason for all of the bad bounces and kicks but couldn't answer on camera as he'd get fined. I'd love to know his views.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »

The balls always "slide" off the cushions to some extent when the cloth is new but the big bounces are a problem with the equipment.

Mark Williams was asked about the tables in his post match interview and said that he thought he knew the reason for all of the bad bounces and kicks but couldn't answer on camera as he'd get fined. I'd love to know his views.

The big bounces were really odd. A ball should not come off the cushion faster that it hits it, ordinarily, but balls were rebounding at a greater velocity after impacting the cushions.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2016, 02:17:26 PM »

The big bounces were really odd. A ball should not come off the cushion faster that it hits it, ordinarily, but balls were rebounding at a greater velocity after impacting the cushions.

Scotty can't but you can?

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »

4 pages and not one mention of Nick Knight - how does he get away with it?

Equally surprising is that poker analysts haven't been covered yet.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »

Thought Denis Taylor was superb in the evening session of the World Snooker final last night. Really added to the long tactical frames with his insight and tone when predicting snooker attempts and escapes. Some great defensive snooker for long spells not always easy in the eye  but feel it was even better with Denis adding to the tension.

Oddly, whilst it's grand to see Ronnie & Co smashing them in off the lampshade, I really enjoy those long tactical games.

Quite clever how BBC use that graphic to demonstrate likely escape routes, & usually uncannily accurate.

What is your view on this perception that the balls are "skidding" off the cushions at un-natural angles, Phil?

It did seem to be the case to my naïve eyes, & even the very best players seemed flummoxed & exasperated by the whole thing.

Fortunately, it's snooker, not Football, so they don't harangue the Ref or Officials, (nothing degrades football more than the pointless  arguing with the referee), but it does not feel right to me that the table can't be trusted to play as it should.  

Yes the tables have been very poor and before they went from two to one table the difference between the two was crazy. Think in general the balls skid anyway but on this table they skid inconsistently so where allowing for side and skid etc is a skill it's been far too random. The kicks just seem to get worse the thinner the cloths too. My main annoyance re the table tho is there can never have been bigger pockets on a final table than this one?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »

Liam Napier, New Zealand Rugby Commentator with Justin Marshall. Superb and really funny.

"Welcome to the Forsyth Barr Stadium for the Highlanders v Chiefs. Rod Stewart played here last Friday so if you're wondering what the strange markings on the pitch are they're Cougar prints".

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
KitKeeper

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2016, 07:06:16 PM »

Darryl Williams - Greyhounds

Fully agree with this, I think he's excellent.

Probably my favourite of a fairly strong RPGTV panel.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »

Thought Denis Taylor was superb in the evening session of the World Snooker final last night. Really added to the long tactical frames with his insight and tone when predicting snooker attempts and escapes. Some great defensive snooker for long spells not always easy in the eye  but feel it was even better with Denis adding to the tension.

This

I don't watch snooker much at all outside the worlds but didn't find the multiple 45+ minute long frames to be dull at all

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2016, 08:44:42 PM »

Really hope Villareal have an away goal at half time so we can see what the partisan tools McManaman and Owen have to say about it.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »

This is not aimed at anyone specific but the offensive phrase was just used on the greyhound programme.

When a dog (or a horse for that matter) leads all the way and the commentator describes it as a "pillar to post" win it really annoys me as it should be "post to post".

"Pillar to post" means getting bashed about and the expression comes from the game of real tennis which has all kinds of corners and concrete shelves meaning the ball can come off at awkward and unpredictable angles.

"Post to post" means every post along the track marking the distance to the finish ergo making every post the winning post.

They really should know better.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2016, 09:43:27 PM »

I've heard a lot of people say "the ball has come off the cushion faster than it hit it", or words to that effect. I'm not sure if this is just a turn of phrase, or people who say it actually think the ball does come off faster than it goes on, on those odd occasions there are big bounces. I assume it's just a bigger bounce than normal, as, to my knowledge, it's physically impossible for the ball to literally come off a cushion faster than it's gone onto it (without the use of spin).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »

This is not aimed at anyone specific but the offensive phrase was just used on the greyhound programme.

When a dog (or a horse for that matter) leads all the way and the commentator describes it as a "pillar to post" win it really annoys me as it should be "post to post".

"Pillar to post" means getting bashed about and the expression comes from the game of real tennis which has all kinds of corners and concrete shelves meaning the ball can come off at awkward and unpredictable angles.

"Post to post" means every post along the track marking the distance to the finish ergo making every post the winning post.

They really should know better.

See also - 'stonewall penalty'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »

'He has hit that TOOOOOO good'

No he hasn't.  If he hit the ball too good he would have hit it perfect and he wouldn't be out of position like he is.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »

Arghhh!  Owen:  "It's impossible for someone to come here and win"

Yes Michael - that's why Liverpool are 8th in the league.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2016, 10:27:55 AM »

A new "most annoying" for me is Owen "Mr Verbosity"  Hargreaves. He was in particularly fine tilting form last night in the CL final.

An example of verbosity, strange language and stating the bleeding obvious to describe the Griezmann 2nd half penalty miss:

"Well you just need your best players to step-up. No question he is their best player and he smashes it against the crossbar. Real Madrid are so fortunate."
"He has made his mind up and doesn't execute well enough. One of the most important things is you need to execute and he just doesn't do a a good enough job. He is a terrific finsiher but wasn't there in that moment"
"One thing you can say as a penalty taker is you can't afford to miss. That's just not good enough from your best player."

Then there are the superlatives. We played superlative bingo in the 1st 10-15 mins of the 2nd half:

Terrfiic 5
Great 4
Exceptional 3
Incredible 2
Remarkable 1
Flawless 1
Exciting 1

He must average 1 a minute. That is over 120 of the fookers in a game that goes to extra time.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: