blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:44:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Pure Poker rolled out on party.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pure Poker rolled out on party.  (Read 1994 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »

Pure Poker Wednesday's : Freezeouts and New structure being trialled today on partypoker.

In line with trying to improve player experience partypoker are using the same structure today that the WPT National $1100 buy in main event will use in May. Whatever your bankroll - $5.5, $22 or $109, you can test this out at 7pm in the Jab, Contender and Uppercut.

Players start with 200bbs, 30K chips, 75-150 level, a starting ante of 25 will mean pots are worth winning for the start and all MTTs will finish 2-4 levels earlier. This structure still has 1 additional level compared to the original $10,000 buy in WSOP 10K 25-50 structure but that doesn't make a huge difference to the finish time as the antes will balance this out.

If this is successful we will look to reduce the late registration period on MTTs over the coming weeks as players [less short stacks] start registering earlier and enjoying the MTTs from the start rather than 20% of the field not even bothering to enter in Level 1 [which is current situation everywhere - not just on party].

If you have time tonight - please support me and partypoker for taking a stand and trying to improve the quality of MTTs which in turn will bring new players into the game if we get this right.

At the moment MTTs are horribly sluggish, 80% of players don't even bother to play from the start, MTTs finish so late that nobody who has to get to work in the morning can realistically play, all these bad changes have been made by operators to hit guarantees at all costs regardless of player experience.

I can only do good things for poker with your help. If you really want a level playing field [no re-entry] and MTTs that designed for the players - not just to hit guarantees - you need to show your support.

Keep the Faith Rob

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:13:47 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »

Same again tonight for partypoker. pure poker wednesdays

all $109 and below MTTs are freezeouts with unchanged guarantees....

if supported, could well be rolled out further....

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:13:08 PM »

its moved on

Pure Poker Hits partypoker Every Single Day

all no-limit hold’em tournaments, with the exception of the High Rollers are freezeouts – re-entry has been removed from all of these tournaments

- WPT Structures for tournaments. 30,000 starting at 75/150/25

http://www.partypoker.com/blog/pure-poker-hits-partypoker-every-single-day.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 05:21:56 PM »

Rob Yong
4 mins

Please support the poker operators who have a set of balls and care about the game of poker!

After your support for Pure Poker Wednesday's - from today, partypoker are rolling this out every day and bucking the industry trend of using re-entry's and long structures purposely designed just to hit GTEs that not worth playing from the start and make the MTTs finish so most players can't get up for work in the morning.

Late registration will remain at 12 levels for a week or so to not upset existing players who are used to logging in at X time, but will then reduce by 1/2 levels at a time with the end goal target of 6 levels of late reg, which means a player who buys in at the end of level 6 will have 50BBs or 37.5 BBs at level 7. This will take time to deliver so please be patient. The blind and ante structure that party are using has been benchmarked against every other online and live poker structure and produces the highest average BB which means more play and a better poker experience.

Instead of re-entries, over time extra MTTs will be added to the Power Series schedule so everyone has plenty of choice.

Now come on guys - support me, DTD and Partypoker. Our asses are on the line, we have huge GTEs to hit and this puts them at even more risk - but we are refusing to try and screw every last $ out of our customers with re-entries and late registration till xmas day.

My eyes are open wide
10 8 Suited
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »

Brilliant haven't played at party for years but I'm not to pleased with almost every mtt on stars being a turbo hyper super late reg shootout special knockout rebuy with add on re-entry.

Will be popping over soon.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: